Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3day post op, the protein shakes are killing me.

I use Premier Protein ( I have them s hipped from Amazon) I cut them in half with Water and add egg Protein Powder. I drink 3 day takes about 1 hour for each. This gives me 120 grams of Protein for the day and 40 ounces of water.

I'm day two post op and also struggling to get down Protein Shakes. Had one bottle of protein20 and small part of two shakes and that'll have to do. I hope it gets easier.

I started to struggle with the dairy and thickness, so I switched to ones you could mix into Water like Syntrax Nectar which is 24g Protein per packet. I also have Protein2O 15g per bottle, the coconut is pretty good.

Thanks I'll def look into this

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

I had trouble with Protein Shakes so I use Protein Water. Its called Protein2o. They have a bunch of flavors and 15g of protein.

Where can I find this protein2o?

I'm day two post op and also struggling to get down Protein Shakes. Had one bottle of protein20 and small part of two shakes and that'll have to do. I hope it gets easier.

Wish you the best. It's still hard for me. Where can I find protein2o? I want to try it. The shakes make me burp like crazy and takes me almost 2 hrs to drink. Everything else I'm good with.

Im 5 days post op, was told to start Protein on the 3rd day... I had no issue pre surgery but the ones post are kind of gross.. muscle milk (100 calories) I have powder and mixed it with soy milk... wasn't bad but thick and real sweet.. the ready made stuff is nasty... I've been drinking it for an hour and have about a quarter down .. uh this ever gonna get better?

My discharge paperwork states I can have a Protein Shake only if I am getting in 50 ounces of clear liquid in also. I am shooting for 50 today (5 days post op) so I can have a banana Protein shake.

33 minutes ago, Shay87 said:

Im 5 days post op, was told to start Protein on the 3rd day... I had no issue pre surgery but the ones post are kind of gross.. muscle milk (100 calories) I have powder and mixed it with soy milk... wasn't bad but thick and real sweet.. the ready made stuff is nasty... I've been drinking it for an hour and have about a quarter down .. uh this ever gonna get better?

I totally understand you. My surgery was done on monday and I came home wednesday. I use Tripact Protein Powder from GNC and now I cant stand it. It takes me forever. Many people have suggested to try Premier Protein already made. So, I'm oredering some right now on Amazon to give it a try. I really wish I had better advice but I'm right there with you. Best of luck!

My surgery was monday and I was discharged on wednesday. The very next day I had to start Protein Shakes along with clear fluids. I haven't vomited but I hate the Protein Shake now

Where can I find this protein2o?

I found single bottles at Walgreens. I bought a few different flavors to try. Since I know what ones I like, i order cases on Walmart website. Hint...the cherry flavor is gross lol.

I found single bottles at Walgreens. I bought a few different flavors to try. Since I know what ones I like, i order cases on Walmart website. Hint...the cherry flavor is gross lol.

Thanks I'll definitely go look at my Walgreens. I have a question though. So my doctor had me drinking 4oz of Protein Shakes 3 times a day. Which is a total of 75 g of Protein per day. If I drink those protein2o, how much is the protein per serving? Cause they're really strict with getting in at least 70 g of protein a day.

I had the same problem. (Sleeved 4/10) it gets better once you can eat real food. Now I drink one a day to get all my protein in.

You can also try sugar free pudding made with Fairlife skim milk or greek yogurt. Not sure if you're allowed that yet though.