Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

12 Weeks Out, Stalled Already??

Hi everyone! I'm getting a bit nervous about my post-surgical weight loss as I've hit my first plateau after dropping from 310 to 250 in the first 8 weeks. What seems odd compared to many of the same anxiety posts is I'm only 3 months out of surgery. I've been pretty good about my eating, following the rules (30 mins between drinks and food, extended chewing, etc.), and I'm exercising frequently (I did crossfit before surgery, and I'm back to it.

However, even with all of that I've only lost 1 lb in the last month. My wife seems to think its from the workouts (building heavier muscle vs. fat), but that was always my excuse before surgery, so not sure I want to buy that now.

Has anyone else had a plateau so quickly after surgery??

Most people aren't going to plateau that fast because they are not losing 30 pounds a month.

You body needs a break and time to catch up. Just relax and keep doing what you are doing.

Also, update your weight on the site so we can all see your progress.

20 was in the damn two weeks prior on the 1000 calorie diet. That was fun. :)

Thanks, I *know* I'm likely fretting over nothing, but as we all know with so much invested into the surgery I think we all want to get it right the first time!

You body doesn't care that it was pre-op though. All it knows is that it has lost a lot of weight rapidly and it isn't sure if this is a good or bad thing. You will stall for a little while then it will change.

Since you seem into fitness (nice to see), you might like this page. It is a lot to read but it all applies. It isn't for WLS patients but it applies to anyone cutting calories and/or exercising.

http://physiqonomics.com/8-reasons-calorie-deficit/

Hats off to you for going back to Cross Fit so soon. I went when I was about 9 months. I could barely hang. I had to up my calories a lot to make it work for me.