Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid stage and soft stage

What are some things you ate to change it up on your liquid phase? I'm about sick of yogurt and Popsicles and pudding and Tomato Soup and broths.

So far the best thing I ate was the broth from a healthy veggie Soup my husband made. It was so good I managed to eat 4 Oz and still wanted more.

For those that have gone through the soft phase... what was your first soft food recipe? I start soft foods in 1 week and am looking forward to it. I found several pinterest recipes and was thinking of doing either a ricotta bake or refried beam Bake for my first soft food meal. Or would it be better to start with a soup. The healthy veggie soup mentioned above is a base of beef broth with spinach, zucchini, carrots, bell peppers, onions, and broccoli in it. So all very tender.

Just looking for ideas so I know what to buy at the store and also so I have something to look forward to and get through this week.

Also, how did you handle your first family get together? We have a mother's day cookout Saturday and Idk how I'm going to handle it. Only a couple know what I had done

For liquid stage, of the things you didn't already mention, I had (and stopped having at soft solids)

fruit smoothies (frozen strawberries, bananas, blueberries) mixed w/milk and yogurt drink.

Unsweetened applesauce

Glasses of 2% milk

Soft solids

Ragu meat sauce w/blended lean ground beef

Refried Beans with melted block cheese

String cheese

Glass of 2% milk once every day or two

Come in a few days when I do regular food will be reintroducing burgers and chicken nuggets.

Didn't have to worry about family get-togethers, my family are in the US and Germany, in-laws are safely across the country (Ontario, Quebec).

Edited by PatientEleventyBillion

What are some things you ate to change it up on your liquid phase? I'm about sick of yogurt and Popsicles and pudding and Tomato Soup and broths.
So far the best thing I ate was the broth from a healthy veggie Soup my husband made. It was so good I managed to eat 4 Oz and still wanted more.
For those that have gone through the soft phase... what was your first soft food recipe? I start soft foods in 1 week and am looking forward to it. I found several pinterest recipes and was thinking of doing either a ricotta bake or refried beam Bake for my first soft food meal. Or would it be better to start with a soup. The healthy veggie soup mentioned above is a base of beef broth with spinach, zucchini, carrots, bell peppers, onions, and broccoli in it. So all very tender.
Just looking for ideas so I know what to buy at the store and also so I have something to look forward to and get through this week.
Also, how did you handle your first family get together? We have a mother's day cookout Saturday and Idk how I'm going to handle it. Only a couple know what I had done

I have been surviving on butternut squash soup, sf Jello, sf pudding & sf popsicles. 1 have 2 Protein Shakes & 1 yogurt daily to meet my Protein requirement. Blended cream of shrimp soup & costco lobster bisque (again blended) is especially yummy as is egg drop soup from a fav Chinese take out. A bit more substantial than broth or bouillon. I was sleeved 4/17/17 and can't wait to move on to puréed foods in a few days. I am looking forward to the making the ricotta bake. I plan on making some tuna, chicken & egg salad w/ Greek yogurt & herbs, instead of mayo, to boost the protein. I also saw a low carb enchilada bake that looked good as well as a buffalo chicken bake. Check out crack chicken made in a crockpot or chicken alfredo served w/ zoodles or mashed cauliflower.
http://www.recipe-diaries.com/2016/09/18/slow-cooker-crack-chicken/
Looking forward to seeing more puréed/soft food recipes!