Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

3 hours ago, patty0715 said:

I'm officially a size 10 in pants and a small in shirts!

Wow. Nice indeed! I have one pair of pants that I managed to keep with me all these years, why???? Have no idea why. But anyway, they're a size 10 and they look so tiny to me. Lol. I bet you look tiny. Haha! Enjoy! Happy for you hon. Yay!!!!

Good morning y'all. So, my grocery store had a bunch of my favorite coffee called Houston blend, the sample packs on sale for 33 cents each. I was buying the keurig cups and decided to by the ground samples instead, a whole lot of them, ok...all of what was left. Lol! I forgot how much ground coffees tastes way better than the k-cups! Wow!

Today, most folks have off. My hubby got word of an elderly disabled vet who has a large tree down in his yard and no one to help. He's loading up his chainsaw and tools right now and going to work. Sending our twelve year old with him (she still needs to learn it's not all about herself, lol).

I will be staying home for the most part with the two younger ones. We are going to make a bunch of monster muffins (sweet spinach), banana muffins, Breakfast bars, and energy balls today, as well as get some school supplies the teacher needs.

I stepped away for a moment and came back to my coffee gone...my 4 year old drank it all!!! Oh no....she'll be wired. Lol

I hope you all have a blessed day!

Hey everyone...so for the past 2 days I am sooo thirsty that I can't seem to drink enough Water. I'm drinking more water than normal for me which reduces my food intake has anyone experienced being so thirsty that u can't seem to drink enough water? Is it a sign of something?

15 hours ago, patty0715 said:

Hey everyone...so for the past 2 days I am sooo thirsty that I can't seem to drink enough Water. I'm drinking more Water than normal for me which reduces my food intake has anyone experienced being so thirsty that u can't seem to drink enough water? Is it a sign of something?

Maybe your electrolytes are out of balance? Try some potassium and or salt.

Great job on fitting the size 10😄

On 9/4/2017 at 9:26 AM, Newme17 said:

Good morning y'all. So, my grocery store had a bunch of my favorite coffee called Houston blend, the sample packs on sale for 33 cents each. I was buying the keurig cups and decided to by the ground samples instead, a whole lot of them, ok...all of what was left. Lol! I forgot how much ground coffees tastes way better than the k-cups! Wow!

Today, most folks have off. My hubby got word of an elderly disabled vet who has a large tree down in his yard and no one to help. He's loading up his chainsaw and tools right now and going to work. Sending our twelve year old with him (she still needs to learn it's not all about herself, lol).

I will be staying home for the most part with the two younger ones. We are going to make a bunch of monster muffins (sweet spinach), banana muffins, Breakfast bars, and energy balls today, as well as get some school supplies the teacher needs.

I stepped away for a moment and came back to my coffee gone...my 4 year old drank it all!!! Oh no....she'll be wired. Lol

I hope you all have a blessed day!

For some reason I totally missed this post. I usually get a notification but I didn't.

That was great of your dh to help out 😃

We all have to stick together durning times of crisis. Praying the next hurricane stays away from the US.

19 hours ago, patty0715 said:

Hey everyone...so for the past 2 days I am sooo thirsty that I can't seem to drink enough Water. I'm drinking more Water than normal for me which reduces my food intake has anyone experienced being so thirsty that u can't seem to drink enough water? Is it a sign of something?

Agreed with Apple....maybe drink some Gatorade or buy the little packets of electrolytes to add to your water. That should at least help.

3 hours ago, Apple1 said:

Praying the next hurricane stays away from the US.

Me too! It would just be awful if there's another so soon or ever at all.

8 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

Me too! It would just be awful if there's another so soon or ever at all.

It is looking more like it will hit Florida😞

My brother and my dh family all live in central Florida near Orlando. They said this is going to be the strongest one yet cat 5+

I really hope it turns. Praying for everyone on the islands.

Agreed with Apple....maybe drink some Gatorade or buy the little packets of electrolytes to add to your Water. That should at least help.

Thanks I will try that. Today I'm not as thirsty but am exhausted. I have to try to figure out what's the deal lol

4 hours ago, patty0715 said:

Thanks I will try that. Today I'm not as thirsty but am exhausted. I have to try to figure out what's the deal lol

Are you staying consistent with your Vitamins?

8 hours ago, Apple1 said:

It is looking more like it will hit Florida😞

My brother and my dh family all live in central Florida near Orlando. They said this is going to be the strongest one yet cat 5+

I really hope it turns. Praying for everyone on the islands.

I just feel dread. I will absolutely be devastated if it hits FL hard. For sure the islands. my brother was telling me what the root meanings of these hurricanes are. Scary part, they're all fitting for what they've become.

Harvey: "Battle worthy"

Irma: "Goddess of Destruction" Cat 5

Jose: "May He add" (its following Irma)

I hope all in FL are being smart and evacuating...just in case.

Today was a busy day. I've had out cleaning lady from work make me do a little spin cause she just couldn't get over how "small" I look. 😂.

Managed to get through my day. Had my brother and a mutual friend over for dinner tonight. Made a Pasta dish I'll be making again, for sure, even though I only ate like three of the little pastas. I'll post the recipe, some kale salad (my fave) and garlic bread for them; but had a couple of small bites.

I'm already looking forward to the weekend...just don't feel up to working these days. I feel like I'm supposed to be doing something else, but I don't know what. Time will tell I guess.

Hope you all are doing well!

https://www.budgetbytes.com/2017/05/skillet-pasta-sun-dried-tomatoes-walnuts-feta/

Edited by Newme17

8 hours ago, Newme17 said:

Today was a busy day. I've had out cleaning lady from work make me do a little spin cause she just couldn't get over how "small" I look. 😂.

Managed to get through my day. Had my brother and a mutual friend over for dinner tonight. Made a Pasta dish I'll be making again, for sure, even though I only ate like three of the little pastas. I'll post the recipe, some kale salad (my fave) and garlic bread for them; but had a couple of small bites.

I'm already looking forward to the weekend...just don't feel up to working these days. I feel like I'm supposed to be doing something else, but I don't know what. Time will tell I guess.

Hope you all are doing well!

https://www.budgetbytes.com/2017/05/skillet-pasta-sun-dried-tomatoes-walnuts-feta/

That looks good. I don't think I have ever had feta cheese..lol.. I have been having a whole wheat Pasta of some sort once a week, and it is delicious,but really filling. I have had to cut back on how much I make because I can only eat about 3-4 bites like you.

I know what you mean about work. I have been bored with it for the past year. My research project is in a holding pattern because my supervisor retired 2 years ago and they haven't replaced him. With the federal hiring freeze in place we have no idea when they will hire someone so we just sit around not really doing any new research just maintaining our insect cultures...

I have great benefits and a good retirement plan so at my age I'm not looking to leave, but it is hard to just stagnate.

Maybe you would make a good lifestyle coach. I think you would be good at something like that. Helping people make healthy positive changes in their lives.

Have a great day and be blessed!

14 hours ago, Apple1 said:

That looks good. I don't think I have ever had feta cheese..lol.. I have been having a whole wheat Pasta of some sort once a week, and it is delicious,but really filling. I have had to cut back on how much I make because I can only eat about 3-4 bites like you.

I know what you mean about work. I have been bored with it for the past year. My research project is in a holding pattern because my supervisor retired 2 years ago and they haven't replaced him. With the federal hiring freeze in place we have no idea when they will hire someone so we just sit around not really doing any new research just maintaining our insect cultures...

I have great benefits and a good retirement plan so at my age I'm not looking to leave, but it is hard to just stagnate.

Maybe you would make a good lifestyle coach. I think you would be good at something like that. Helping people make healthy positive changes in their lives.

Have a great day and be blessed!

Oh my... I can't stand not having much to do at work, I need to be busy, which I am now. Thankfully. Still kind of have my moments, but today was much better.

If I became a coach, I'd want to volunteer for it. Right now I've got a few young women at my church asking me to help plan plant based meals. Lol. One has asked me to help her budget so she can eat better and save at the same time. Tonight I just introduced another I met to maybe think of the benefits of going plant based- it helped that three others around us chimed in that they eat this way too. Haha! I love it! I believe God is definitely changing me so I could be there for others.

Sooooo, I was curious. I weighed in this morning at 202. Slowly but surely it's coming off. I was surprised actually. im pretty sure I'll hit the hundreds before the 4month mark. If I don't, that's ok too. I'm really quite fine where I'm at. With that said, I am really hoping more of my belly skin bounces back!!! lol I may have to do a TT down the road after all . We shall see!

On 9/5/2017 at 9:55 PM, Newme17 said:

I just feel dread. I will absolutely be devastated if it hits FL hard. For sure the islands. my brother was telling me what the root meanings of these hurricanes are. Scary part, they're all fitting for what they've become.

Harvey: "Battle worthy"

Irma: "Goddess of Destruction" Cat 5

Jose: "May He add" (its following Irma)

I hope all in FL are being smart and evacuating...just in case.

I spoke to my brother yesterday and they are ready to ride out the storm. He sounded pretty confident they would be ok. He lives near the Sanford airport and he said because of that they always get their power back quickly. Many gas stations are out of gas and he said all the bottled Water is gone.

My dh's family are ready also. I am scared for all of them after watching what Harvey did to Texas. This is a strong storm!!!