Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

I started cleaning out my closet tonight. I had a lot of size 3x and 18-20 stuff that I know I will never wear again. It felt good to bag those clothes up and make room for some new stuff in the not so distant future. I also found a ton of different sized jeans I had saved, I have several in size 12, 10, and 8. The 14's I am wearing now are getting loose so it won't be long.

57 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

I haven't tried to eat veggies yet, but soon. I am going to make a veggie smoothie tomorrow.

isnt it amazing how fast we get full?

It is. I think I'm kind of enjoying it actually. Saving me some money for sure. Today I ate some egg off of my daughter's taco for lunch. It was large enough for me to have some and she didn't even finish it and a bite of Beans off of my husband's carne guisada taco. Lol

I did save two tiny containers of dinner to freeze for my lunches.

I also had my green bombs this morning too. I'm digging the veggies. 😊

1 hour ago, Newme17 said:

Kitchen done or not, I cleared some space and cooked up some shrimp and sausage with veggies (peppers, zucchini, onion, garlic). Old bay seasoning, pepper, salt, red pepper flakes.

Yum!

IMG_2652.JPG

Your food has some Jamaican flavors happening. Do you have Caribbean in your background? It looks so beautiful.

Edited by Sweet as peaches

41 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

I started cleaning out my closet tonight. I had a lot of size 3x and 18-20 stuff that I know I will never wear again. It felt good to bag those clothes up and make room for some new stuff in the not so distant future. I also found a ton of different sized jeans I had saved, I have several in size 12, 10, and 8. The 14's I am wearing now are getting loose so it won't be long.

Getting smaller I just love hearing about cleaning out the closet.

39 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

Good for you. I got rid of clothes like 3 months before surgery and then I regretted it, cause I was limited and I didn't want to buy anymore. Lol. I think I was just super motivated at that time. I won't be wearing my jeans (20) anymore. So I've been wearing jeggings and workout pants these days. Thankfully I don't have to dress up for work either, they allow me to wear whatever besides pj's...which I would NEVER do anyway.

I don't like hanging on to anything, but I do have one pair of size 10 pants from 9 years ago.

5 minutes ago, Sweet as peaches said:

Your food has some Jamaican flavors happening. Do you have Caribbean in your background?

No I don't but I wouldn't be surprised s I do love them. I am half Caucasian and half black. But here's the kicker....I swear I've got some Caribbean blood somewhere. Hey, I was even jamming out to some reggae in the truck today. Lol. I also used to do Latin dancing. Took lessons for a few years before meeting my husband. I'm not bragging, but I was really really good. I had many people asking if I were a professional Latin dancer (I dance with my Puerto Rican guy friend at the time). Kept my weight in check then doing all that dancing.

Heres another interesting fact, my brother sent his blood off for an analysis of race. We really are 62% Caucasian, 28% African American, and the rest European, etc. I'm sure that etc. is my Latin blood. 😂

So, I went to the store for my hubs and got some more thin set for him to finish the backsplash. He was almost done with it when he realized that it wasn't thin set, but grout. He wasn't too happy but I couldn't help I laugh. I apologized to him while laughing. He even wanted to start laughing. He says he forgives me. Lol

So I take back the grout I bought to grout, since we'll use what he was using and got thin set this evening. When I hopped out of the truck I looked down and I had my house slippers on!!!!! Lol oh my goodness, I felt to silly.

I felt like I'm a little today and oh so very tired. My husband looked at me like "what's wrong with you"...I was staring off in space. Anybody else feel off? I had enough sleep last night. food and drinks are good, although I'm drinking more Water to make sure.

A

57 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

No I don't but I wouldn't be surprised s I do love them. I am half Caucasian and half black. But here's the kicker....I swear I've got some Caribbean blood somewhere. Hey, I was even jamming out to some reggae in the truck today. Lol. I also used to do Latin dancing. Took lessons for a few years before meeting my husband. I'm not bragging, but I was really really good. I had many people asking if I were a professional Latin dancer (I dance with my Puerto Rican guy friend at the time). Kept my weight in check then doing all that dancing.

Heres another interesting fact, my brother sent his blood off for an analysis of race. We really are 62% Caucasian, 28% African American, and the rest European, etc. I'm sure that etc. is my Latin blood. 😂

That is beautiful. I love hearing about different backgrounds and knowing culturally we all blend together. food especially is my favorite thing bout different cultures. I love your blends of spices and food very authentic. I have a Caribbean background and southern one.

55 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

So, I went to the store for my hubs and got some more thin set for him to finish the backsplash. He was almost done with it when he realized that it wasn't thin set, but grout. He wasn't too happy but I couldn't help I laugh. I apologized to him while laughing. He even wanted to start laughing. He says he forgives me. Lol

So I take back the grout I bought to grout, since we'll use what he was using and got thin set this evening. When I hopped out of the truck I looked down and I had my house slippers on!!!!! Lol oh my goodness, I felt to silly.

I felt like I'm a little today and oh so very tired. My husband looked at me like "what's wrong with you"...I was staring off in space. Anybody else feel off? I had enough sleep last night. food and drinks are good, although I'm drinking more Water to make sure.

Wow!!!! I thought i was losing i kinda felt wobbly and extremely tired. Plus low energy my voice is even less exciting.

56 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

lol I almost did that once. I was on my way to church and realized I still had my slippers on. I turned around and went back home..lol

I felt tired last night. I went to bed before midnight and I am usually a night owl. It could just be fatigue or hormone levels.

2 hours ago, patty0715 said:

Oh no I don't want that....I will keep trying to get food down...

Patty, I so sorry you're going through this. I wish I could give some advice. Maybe the doctors could give you some ideas. I wish you the best. Are you able to walk or is your energy depleted? I know that is a dumb question.

2 hours ago, Apple1 said:

Ok here are the photos of my salmon dinner. I served myself 4 oz, but could only eat half of it. My stomach was happy, but full.

IMG_0084.JPG

IMG_0085.JPG

You guys @Newme17 @Apple1. I am so happy you should be called the fish crew. I love the salmon the shrimp sausage. Looks so delicious and i know it tastes grand too bad i don't have grab and taste my phone or lick a phone. 😝😜😛. That is melted cheese? Awwwwww i want to marry your dishes? Both of them.💎❤💕

Edited by Sweet as peaches

20 minutes ago, Sweet as peaches said:

That is beautiful. I love hearing about different backgrounds and knowing culturally we all blend together. food especially is my favorite thing bout different cultures. I love your blends of spices and food very authentic. I have a Caribbean background and southern one.

Thank you Sweet!

21 minutes ago, Sweet as peaches said:

Wow!!!! I thought i was losing i kinda felt wobbly and extremely tired. Plus low energy my voice is even less exciting.

So it's not just me then!? I do feel much better...must be part of the journey. Here's to us feeling a bit better and alert!!!