Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 15th, 2017 Sleevers Check in Here!!!

1 hour ago, Newme17 said:

Good morning. NordicTrack and Precor are the ones I know of that are pretty good. Provided you want to spend all the $1000...some might be in the $700 range though. Also depends on if you want all the extra gadgets on them too. You could always go with a cheaper one, under $500, but might need to really look in to reviews and how long they may last, etc. Do you have a fitness equipment store that allows you to try the floor model machines in your area? That would be a good way to determine as well.

I don't like frothy drinks. I can imagine all the air already. lol. Bet it's good with the strawberries though. I'm eating cream of wheat with cocoa powder and stevia added. I need to add in my green bombs (frozen ice cube sized blended mix of kale, spinach, ginger, green apple, avocado, and cucumber) to a Protein Drink later. I miss my fruits and veggies...I'm actually cleared for them on Monday but I think I'll start early and see how it goes.

All of the veggies i love you mentioned. Exercise machines rock. I love cream of wheat. I like your description and im going to try that.

13 hours ago, mishyk said:

Dont worry one day we'll have our man, for now lets hear success stories from our new friends.. it's so motivating emoji177.pngemoji847.pngemoji1316.png

Thank you. Unless, he is 50 and over I am pretty much done i will be 48 soon. My two older kids are in their late 20's like you. You're so adorable and charming.

Edited by Sweet as peaches

Whoa! That is crazy! I've got four, each a week long. Next week, I'm supposed to be eating just about everything, salads, fruits, veggies, quinoa, brown rice, ground beef, chicken, etc. The fourth week doesn't have a list...so it's just cleared for everything.

I have four or five phases, all two weeks long. I can't imagine eating salad yet. How are you feeling about that?

4 minutes ago, esaad said:

I have four or five phases, all two weeks long. I can't imagine eating salad yet. How are you feeling about that?

Not so. I'm behind on my phases actually. I'm taking it pretty slow. As long as I tried fish and egg before Wed (which I did) then that's all. Lol. I'm sure the nut will have me try something else before the next. salad will probably be last, but I will blend in veggies in my Protein. Which I just did. 😊

50 minutes ago, Sweet as peaches said:

All of the veggies i love you mentioned. Exercise machines rock. I love cream of wheat. I like your description and im going to try that.

It was pretty good. The bowl I made would probably last for days. Lol. But I don't like leftovers, so I've got to probably freeze most things.

48 minutes ago, esaad said:

Yea, salad seems a ways off for me too. I am going to try some baked salmon on Monday as I am allowed puréed meats next week.

2 hours ago, Newme17 said:

Good morning. NordicTrack and Precor are the ones I know of that are pretty good. Provided you want to spend all the $1000...some might be in the $700 range though. Also depends on if you want all the extra gadgets on them too. You could always go with a cheaper one, under $500, but might need to really look in to reviews and how long they may last, etc. Do you have a fitness equipment store that allows you to try the floor model machines in your area? That would be a good way to determine as well.

I don't like frothy drinks. I can imagine all the air already. lol. Bet it's good with the strawberries though. I'm eating cream of wheat with cocoa powder and stevia added. I need to add in my green bombs (frozen ice cube sized blended mix of kale, spinach, ginger, green apple, avocado, and cucumber) to a Protein Drink later. I miss my fruits and veggies...I'm actually cleared for them on Monday but I think I'll start early and see how it goes.

My dh and I are going to go to Sears and Dicks Sporting Goods tomorrow and try out a few. Thank you for those names. I have googled and there are so many brands it gets confusing which one does what.

All the air in my shake was not good. I will be more careful next time when I am blending.

Thank you. Unless, he is 50 and over I am pretty much done i will be 48 soon. My two older kids are in their late 20's like you. You're so adorable and charming.

Aww that's soo cute thanks lol. But listen it's never too late.. specially now.. there are men that are looking for companions. I know because i have aunts that have found companions at your age too. And plus.. at your age is easier because more then likely their kids are big already so you wont have to deal with being a step mom to little kids and stuff.

That is smart. I don't think to jot stuff down...I can only imagine all the stuff I've forgotten. Good for you hon. I think I'll try the tea alternative. Only because my coffee isn't all it's up to be these days. I think it's the ridiculous sweeteners. Meh. Thanks for sharing!!!

Totally!! Write everything down.. trust me. And look at it everyday.. it will keep your goals alive.

No!!!! Allergic?! A good friend of mine is. She loves them too. She was crazy though. She actually prepared herself to go to the ER just so she can have some shrimp. Now that was a bit much. But I'm sorry you are. They can be so good!

Lmfaooooo!! That's hilarious she sounds like a bag of fun . The good thing is that i never liked seafood. The only thing i do like is tuna fish but from the cans.

I have a single 34 yr old brother [mention=318894]mishyk[/mention] And he has no kids either!
but until your time, yes, enjoy all you can now. Hon. Live it!!!!

Lol! Matchmaker

Does anyone else get confused with all of the conflicting advice to be found on theses forums and the internet in general? Heck even our surgeons can't agree on the best pre-op/post-op plans.

I am just not sure if I should worry about calories or not, whether I should be trying to exercise more then walking, whether 65g of Protein is enough or I should shoot for closer to 100g, and carb amounts, and the list goes on... I try and do my own research, but there are so many conflicting theories even in the literature.

I give up😩🙄 I am gonna go walk off my frustrations.

28 minutes ago, mishyk said:

you wont have to deal with being a step mom to little kids and stuff

Definitely this. My step daughter is my hardest child (we had custody of her). I'm sad to say, I'm relieved when she spending the night at a friend's house. Lol. She's 12 going on who knows what!? Like she knows everything. Drives me nuts. Some people actually get a break with step kids, I'm not one of them. I love her dearly and would adopt her anytime, just wish the bio mother would relinquish her rights. It'll make things easier.

Now, I believe God put her in my life and I am to raise her. But if I had known all the headaches, I'm not so sure I'd pick to be a stepmom all over again. Kind of makes me sound like I regret, I don't. Just don't wish all the drama on anyone, whether they choose to or not.

Does that make sense? And if you've been a step kid before, looking back, was there a lot of nonsense drama that could have been prevented? I wouldn't know. I'm the first in my family to carry the step title.

Okay, back to WLS, lol. Had my Premier Protein with two green bombs. Success!!! I feel so much better having some veggies in my body. Going to make sure I add them everyday. I could use a bm. 😁

14 minutes ago, Apple1 said:

Does anyone else get confused with all of the conflicting advice to be found on theses forums and the internet in general? Heck even our surgeons can't agree on the best pre-op/post-op plans.

I am just not sure if I should worry about calories or not, whether I should be trying to exercise more then walking, whether 65g of Protein is enough or I should shoot for closer to 100g, and carb amounts, and the list goes on... I try and do my own research, but there are so many conflicting theories even in the literature.

I give up😩🙄 I am gonna go walk off my frustrations.

I stopped looking so much. I hope op got frustrated. I don't care for calorie counting as you know and I'm thankful my doc office doesn't either. We are pretty safe when it comes to how much we're actually getting at this point post op, so I can assume that it's nothing to worry about now.

I do know the exercise should be the minimum of walking until you're cleared to do more. Usually around 6-8 weeks I believe.

My directions for Protein isn't much and very doable. I hear upwards of 100 a day and that's just killing it in my opinion. Whether it works for them, that's great. Not me. Here are some guidelines from my nut. Feel free to go along, but always listen to your body too hon.