Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best blender/food processor for pureed food?

I am pre-op but looking for a blender or food processor for when I get to the the pureed phase of post op. I have looked at the magic bullet, the ninja, and just basic ones but I'm indecisive. What do you use and why do you like it? And what uses does it have for after your puree phase, I hate to think it will just sit in my cabinet later.

I currently use a $10 smoothie blender from Walmart for Protein Shakes which has served me well but I don't think it will puree very well.

I just bought a Nutra Ninja bullet for $79 on Amazon. It comes with 3 different size containers. It is fast and powerful I pureed cottage cheese and avacado-it came out like mousse. It comes with a recipe book too.

The basic $10 blender that you already have will suffice just fine.

Look at the big picture...the pureed food phase is only two weeks out of your life. There are so many pureed options that come ready-to-eat and require no additional processing such as yogurt, pudding, cottage cheese, ricotta, refried Beans, creamed Soups, shakes, and jarred baby food meats/veggies.

I would save the money you intend to spend on a pricier food processor or blender and, instead, spend it on smaller clothing or something that provides you with a thrill.

Thanks, I didn't think about baby food. I hope it's gotten tastier since my kids were babies!

I agree with the other poster that what you have is fine for the 2 week period of puréed foods... unless you want an excuse to get a food processor !

My NUT advised not to eat baby food because it will not help you meet your Protein needs . There are slot of options for puréed foods ...

Thanks, I decided to hold off on the food processor for now and save the money. I figure if I need one badly enough when the time comes I have a 24 hr Walmart close by.