Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am just about seven weeks post op RNY… Started at 232 and now only down to 208… I am feeling discouraged and depressed as I would've expected to lose more by now. I average about 500 to 600 cal per day, with 60 to 70 g of Protein. I have not lost any weight in the last four days. Not sure what to do here…☹️

So you shouldn't compare your loss to anyone elses. Everyone loses at a different rate. 24 pounds in less that 2 months is FANTASTIC!! Be proud of your loss! You are at the lower end of weight so you will lose slower anyway. I might also try upping your calories a bit. At 8 weeks out I was eating 600-800 calories. If you are not getting enough calories you also might not be losing as fast. Your surgeon may have a different calories goal than mine though.

But really...you have lost a great amount of weight. I know how you feel about not meeting personal expectations but it is working. Everyone goes through stalls too so not losing in 4 days is normal.

Start taking measurements because sometimes the scale isn't moving but your measurements are shrinking. I didn't lose any pounds in 2 weeks but I went down a clothing size.

This process is hard and complicated but you are doing everything right. Try not to focus so much on the scale (I know that's easier said than done!) and focus on how you feel and how your clothes fit!

Good luck to you!

Edited by Dashofpixiedust8

6 minutes ago, Dashofpixiedust8 said:

So you shouldn't compare your loss to anyone elses. Everyone loses at a different rate. 24 pounds in less that 2 months is FANTASTIC!! Be proud of your loss! You are at the lower end of weight so you will loss slower anyway. I might also try upping your calories a bit. At 8 weeks out I was eating 600-800 calories. If you are not getting enough calories you also might not be losing as fast. Your surgeon may have a different calories goal than mine though.

But really...you have lost a great amount of weight. I know how you feel about not meeting personal expectations but it is working. Everyone goes through stalls too so not losing in 4 days is normal.

Start taking measurements because sometimes the scale isn't moving but your measurements are shrinking. I didn't lose and pounds in 2 weeks but I went down a clothing size.

This process is hard and complicated but you are doing everything right. Try not to focus so much on the scale (I know that's easier said than done!) and focus on how you feel and how your clothes fit!

Good luck to you!

Very well stated.

Thank you. I have considered the fact that I might need more calories but I am not sure how to fit it in! On my drive to work, I have a Protein Shake. Around nine I have some yogurt. The lunch time I have some sliced turkey and around three I have a piece of cheese. And then for dinner I have some lean Protein (no more than 2 ounces) Not sure I can get any more than that....also I'm not sure what else to eat, I've been pretty much stuck on yogurt cottage cheese lunch meat and tuna.< /p>

You could try beefing up your shake a little. My ND wants me to add nut butter (e.g. almond, peanut) and coconut oil to my morning Protein Shake plus a little fruit. Another idea is a 2nd slice of cheese and 3 oz of dense Protein instead of 2 oz. Good luck!

You can add in another small meal in there some where. Either between lunch and dinner or after dinner. Or like @MarinaGirlbeef up your current meals. You can add higher calorie products to your meals in order to have higher calories. Add Peanut Butter to your shake, have more slices of cheese, add meat into your cheese snack. It's hard in the beginning but you get into a groove.

@New Me 31317 For me it was my nutritionist and doctor together. I was on each stage for 2 weeks.

@New Me 31317

Drop the yogurt and the cottage cheese. Not enough Protein, and too many milk carbs.

Have another shake mid morning.

I caution you against adding any nut butters back into your diet. When you are healing they are relatively harmless, but long term they are super calorie dense, easy to snack on and match or exceed carbs to protein. Bad long term choice. Whole nut when you we cleared for them are a better option.

Protein Shakes count as fluids. I would have a shake for Breakfast, one for a mid morning snack, lunch meat or whatever for lunch, another shake in the afternoon, and whatever for dinner.

You kind of need to eat all day to get your calories in.

6 minutes ago, Dashofpixiedust8 said:

You kind of need to eat all day to get your calories in.

^^^^^^ Basically. That is what life is like post-op you eat all day every 2 hours to get your calories and Protein in. If you are having planned meals, it isn't grazing. When you can only eat small amounts, that is the only way to meet your goals, eating all day.

5 minutes ago, New Me 31317 said:

Thanks everyone...feel like I am struggling and am afraid to eat more

That's why you chart/journal too. If you're ever in doubt, go back to this and see for yourself you're doing just fine.

You have lost almost 30lbs in 7wks. Do you know how amazing that is?!? Do you think you could have lost that much just dieting on your own without the surgery? Probably not. I know I couldn't have. I had to fight to get off what I did and keep it off. We all lose at different rates and activity level does play a major role in how fast it comes off, but you are doing great my friend. I know in the beginning there is the fear of failure and that it won't actually work for you, but it will! It did for me! I was 429lbs at my first appt. I'm 193 now and my surgeon says 30lbs of that is in excess skin that needs to be removed so it'll work! It takes time and sticking to the program and not stressing out. It just does it's thing while you do yours and together you get there in the end! [emoji4]