Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all, I had my procedure yesterday and went home today. I am very uncomfortable, burning in stomach as Fluid passes. I can feel the burning into my back. Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks

I don't know if it's the same thing, but when I had galbladder surgery, I had this incredible pain in my back. I found out it was from the gas used to inflate my stomach during surgery. It was at about the lower portion of my shoulder blade. Of course talk to your doctor, but what helped me with that pain was a heating pad on the area. Hope you feel better soon!

Hi all, I had my procedure yesterday and went home today. I am very uncomfortable, burning in stomach as Fluid passes. I can feel the burning into my back. Has anyone experienced this?
Thanks

Hi. I was sleeved 5/1 also. I haven't felt that burning sensation except on my incisions. As other poster said, probably gas. Call your surgeon's office and ask!

I was sleeved yesterday...most of my gas pains seem to be sitting right below my rib cage on the front on me. The big incision hurts the most out of anything. Mainly when I get up and down. I felt VERY nauseous for about 24 hrs... doctors changed my meds this morning to try something else and I feel 100% better. My back is ok though... only uncomfortable because im laying down for so long. Sorry cant be much help there. Good luck on your recovery!

Had my surgery May 1st as well. When I eat something like Jello or yogurt I can feel when it hits my stomach. Same with my meds I have to swallow. I did feel a little pain in my back on day 2 (don't remember most of day 1. Ended up in ICU and have only bits and pieces of memory until after 5pm). Since I've been home the main pain I experience is from my incisions. Especially the largest one. The heating pad has been a life saver. It's like it calms my angry muscles so I can sleep a little longer. And helps the has pains. I haven't had many yet but I'm sure they're coming.
My only other problem is Constipation. No BM since Saturday so I'm starting to feel a bit uncomfortable in that sense.
Hope that pain improves and if it concerns you, just call your surgeon and ask. Mine told me that if I feel any pains that I don't think are normal for this to call them right away.

Thanks everyone that replied...I called and spoke with the nurse and she said it was common and would subside in a few days. It feels weird, I can feel the Fluid going down and burns once it gets to bottom of stomach/intestines! I hope you all
Recover quickly!!

It is definitely a weird feeling. I will be 1 week out tomorrow and now only get a subtle feeling like that when I take my meds.