Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why do I do it to myself?

All this talk of boobs and tummies got us side tracked LOL.

Ohhhh, I hadn't forgotten. I just wasn't sure how to get the topic back on track. :o

Back to the original topic of OH.....I feel like that if I had been duped by Sandy, I would be embarassed and hurt. Most victims of scam artists feel ashamed to tell anyone. Even if ALL her advice is good (which it apparently is not), the fact that she misrepresented herself daily should be a peek into her character...right? I think in most forums, she would at least be called out. I cannot find on OH where anyone got an answer other than ...."of course I am licensed". Usually the poor OP was accosted by a barage of "protectors". Sandy was never made to answer for her actions. If she really wants to turn over a new leaf (which she has never even said by the way), a public apology and explanation on OH would be a good start.....IMO.

I agree with you about her friends. It *would* be embarrassing to admit that you fell for something like that hook, link, and sinker.

There is a topic over there that typically brings about flame wars and that is Protein Drinks. Sandy has repeatedly claimed that MOST doctors are anti-protein supplements and she bases that on Inamed for the most part. Inamed does not suggest Protein supplements as the idea behind the band is to keep you full on solid Proteins. Well, that does not mean MOST docs agree. Most of those threads have people that chime in and say their doc is pro or anti Protein Shakes and the majority of those people say their doc is pro protein drinks. So even her own threads don't begin to prove her claims of what MOST docs believe.

There are some people that just plain don't feel satisfied after a Protein Drink. There are some (like me) that do. I can drink a Protein Shake and I'm good to go for several hours. Isn't that the ultimate goal? She may well be one that doesn't feel "full" or satisfied after drinking one but she isn't everyone.

Her "band rules" are what make me crazy and I could not possibly disagree with her more on what is a "rule". People are individual and unique, we all have different desires, goals, needs, requirements, etc. Just because someone is banded does not mean they will not do well if they don't do things Sandy's way.

There are band GUIDELINES and if someone is banded, they are getting all nutrition in, their weight loss is not too fast or too slow, and both the patient and doc are happy... then to hell with her silly rules. They are not rules and we do not all need to follow them such as the protein shakes.< /p>

Timed eating is another. She believes everyone should start eating and finish in 20 minutes. That's another load. If I did that I'd get 300 calories in daily at best. Some people take much longer to eat their food. Some take less. But to sit and eat with a timer is bizarre and simply stupid.

She just has a lot of rigid thinking that isn't realistic. It's not how things work in real time, it's how they worked for HER perhaps, but not everyone. So there is no such thing as band rules, they are guidelines and each person has to work with their doc (instead of Sandy) and find what works for them.

Another thing she does that is sheer stupidity is telling people their doc is wrong and she is correct. I remember a gal that got a fill and the day of the fill she ate pork chops. She said it was a bit painful and was that normal. I suggested she stick to fluids for a day or two and see how it went after the swelling went down. Now, understand... this girl wasn't barfing, sliming, foaming... none of that. She said it was sore after eating pork chops.

Sandy came on and threw a fit and explained that she was too tight and needed an unfill immediately. This was 10PM at night and the gal didn't need an unfill, she wasn't even sliming!

The gal ended up calling her bariatric surgeon at home that night and the surgeon said to go on liquids and give it a few days. JUST as I had written. She posted this and said she was happy with that.

Sandy followed up writing that her surgeon was wrong and she needed an unfill before her band slipped and this was dangerous and blah blah blah.

She knew damn well she was giving bad info but she was trying to discredit me. She would rather give someone bad information than to admit she made a mistake. It goes to credibility and integrity and that woman has neither. Bottom line, she has no scruples whatsoever.

Yet the cheerleaders (who are experienced bandsters) will cheer for her to the very end. I don't get it. Where is the honesty? Where is the concern for banded folks? Where is the sincerity? There isn't any.

That's just another reason OH sucks so bad. It's not a matter of quality information for unique individuals, it is all about cliques and groupies. If the best the cheerleaders have is Sandy, what does that say for the cheerleaders?

There is one person I PMed after discovering Sandy was not licensed as she claimed, she has a criminal record, she lied on her licensing renewal, she's been banned from numerous boards, etc. She seemed surprised and said she was pretty good on a computer and if what I was saying was true, she'd call Sandy out herself on the boards. I gave her all the info she needed to confirm what I was writing.

Never heard another word from her. When someone else asked her she suddenly claimed it was no longer important. Yeah, right.

Just another cheerleader with their POM POMs that doesn't have the integrity to admit she was duped by a very manipulative liar on OH.

I wonder if anyone's reported her to the company that markets her CDs, since they are advertising her as a licensed nurse.

Yes, it's being done. Not by me, but I know it's in the process.

I just find it hard to believe they give her that much power! It seems so ridiculous to me. She is just one lady whose lies have been exposed. Evidently other boards have stood up to her and even banned her. What are the folks over there going to do about it? Nothing?

I have private messages on OH where I asked Sandy for her credentials after she emailed me about another member. Now keep in mind that I did not reach out to her, she contacted me. She never responded to my questions. She kept saying that this person was harming newbies. I am soooo tired of people thinking that because you are new to WLS, that you are unable to research it and make informed decisions on your own.

Joyouslyme-Do you still post on OH? Do you know of anyone who has publicly called her out on this? Maybe I just overlooked it in the posts but I cannot find any public mention of this by any supporters of Sandy.

See what I mean? Do they fear being outcasts at OH? Why won't they speak up?
IMO, that's exactly what they fear. If ANYONE dares speak up about Sandy, they get bashed by her groupies. I've experienced it, WASa experienced it, Wendell experienced it. You can't make a single post suggesting that Sandy might not be correct without getting trounced by her supporters. They know that if they dared speak up against her, their "friends" would turn on them in a heartbeat. It's safer for them to just remain silent, even though they KNOW that she's giving out bad information.

She has never been called out and I view the posts everyday. I was really surprised to see two of the OH folks on here posting. I'm not even 6 months out, but I'll try to answer newbie questions if I can. When she originally emailed me this info, I was going to post it for the whole board to see. I decided that she was a very sad person and it wasn't my business to post because it pertained to another member. Now, if that member gave their permission, I would post it in a NY minute.

I sincerely don't see how she has any supporters left in view of her dishonesty. Supporting her as a fellow bandster, I can see. Supporting her lies and malicious intent, I cannot understand.

To add to my above post:

OH is a very clique-driven place. If you aren't favored by the overwhelming group that is posting (which would be Sandy's supporters), you are either ignored or attacked, depending on how vocally anti-Sandy you are. Her supporters apparently feel that they have only one way to interact with other people in a way that is favorable to them, and that is to publicly support Sandy.

Joyouslyme-PM him and see if he will give his permission. If it is who I think it is, he will probably give you the ok.I don't even know if he is still a member over there......

Oh and hopefully that does not violate any LBT rules. You should probably check on that too before posting a copy of a private email.

Whenever it comes up, they'll say that she's being attacked and they have to defend their poor victim of a friend. It really turned me off. I post to say happy birthday and to give newbies advice. I don't care about the friendships that they've formed or what clique they aren't. One time, Wendell made a post about his Protein intake calculations. OMG. You'd have thought that he shot the pope. I had to ask what the big deal was. What kills me is when they'll disagree with you and then say that they're not going to speak on it again. Like I'm supposed to cower in fear or something. I noticed a post like that on this thread. HAHA. I'm just sorry that I missed the myspace post on there.

She has never been called out and I view the posts everyday. I was really surprised to see two of the OH folks on here posting. I'm not even 6 months out, but I'll try to answer newbie questions if I can. When she originally emailed me this info, I was going to post it for the whole board to see. I decided that she was a very sad person and it wasn't my business to post because it pertained to another member. Now, if that member gave their permission, I would post it in a NY minute.

Ohhh, make no mistake. They post, they just have different IDs. But there is no protection of Sandy over here so they don't really have a lot to say on this forum. What they have done in the past is to follow us around and pick apart posts to a ridiculous degree until other members jump in and tell them to knock it off. I'm not referring to posts about Sandy but about anything. It just doesn't serve them to do that over here, they don't get the support they need to continue with the behaviors, instead they get finger wagging by other members.

I have really busted my butt to lose weight. I do hard cardio daily, usually 60-120 minutes daily of cardio and hard cardio. I keep calories at 600 daily, I work really hard to achieve my goals. One OH groupie came over here a few months ago and attempted to make it look like I wasn't really losing weight, I wasn't responsible for my own weight loss. It took people I don't even KNOW coming in and telling them to knock it off before they finally backed down.

I know about the information you refer to. The person it was about forwarded it to me. It was disgusting and a last ditch attempt at some amount of credibility on Sandy's part. But, it didn't work for her, not even a little. All it did was show what a liar she is and cost a doc $$ in legal fees forcing her to stop the dishonesty.

I'm pretty sure it would violate OH rules and the thread would be deleted if you posted it on OH. Of course, if you are ready to leave (I don't know if you are or not), you might as well go out fighting, right?

Now, I think you may be able to post it on LBT for everyone to see, since it wasn't an LBT PM.