Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why do I do it to myself?

Is he in TJ or Mexicali? I have not yet heard of him. I talked with some ladies who had already done their work at this years Bash, and doing the whole thing seems to be pretty common. I think if you're doing a lower body lift, that would be more involved, and you may not want to include the breasts for that surgery.

It's not a lower body lift, just a TT. I may regret it later but I think that will be okay. I have some problems with my thighs but I have never been one to wear shorts anyway. I only have problems with my upper inner thighs. No butt problems. Just my big fat saggy gut. It's my gut that is making me crazy and I can't stand to look at it. So since it is a TT vs. lower body lift the breast surgery would be doable. I'd rather get it over with all at once. So I really need to make a decision.

Another thing, the implants I want most docs don't use. I don't want those huge moons that stick out of my chest (I have photos of examples if anyone is interested) and I don't want huge cones either. I want something that looks a lot more natural. Dr. Bello doesn't like the implants that I want. He uses the moons. So, that's another issue.

It's not a lower body lift, just a TT. I may regret it later but I think that will be okay. I have some problems with my thighs but I have never been one to wear shorts anyway. I only have problems with my upper inner thighs. No butt problems. Just my big fat saggy gut. It's my gut that is making me crazy and I can't stand to look at it. So since it is a TT vs. lower body lift the breast surgery would be doable. I'd rather get it over with all at once. So I really need to make a decision.

Another thing, the implants I want most docs don't use. I don't want those huge moons that stick out of my chest (I have photos of examples if anyone is interested) and I don't want huge cones either. I want something that looks a lot more natural. Dr. Bello doesn't like the implants that I want. He uses the moons. So, that's another issue.

Are you wanting the tear-drop shaped ones, or is it something else?

Well, you've said (at least, I think it was you that said it) in the past that you only wanted to do either one or two surgeries (or at least, go under anesthesia) after banding. If there's more that you want to have done, and you still want to limit the number of times under anesthesia, I'd go ahead and do it. I mean, there's always going to be advances in medicine. If you put off surgeries just because you worry about what may happen in the future, you'd never have surgery. And hell, you'll be in pain anyway, might as well go whole hog.

My limit is two surgeries. I don't like the Michael Jackson look. :o

One surgeon is very conservative that I went to for a consult and she won't even consider a face lift. She said there is nothing to lift. Since I have been losing weight I have this rooster thing under my chin and it's bugging me. She said she won't do a face lift. The doc in the US is a friend of mine and I wouldn't DREAM of going to him, he's a crappy doc. But he would do a breast job on a corpse if he got paid for it and he's willing to do the face lift. The Mexicali surgeon doesn't think a face lift is necessary at this time. So that leaves TT and boobs.

Thing about the boob job is that some say after about 10 years scar tissue forms around the implants (regardless of which type/brand of implants) and they get lumpy and painful and need to be replaced. Others say that isn't true because the implants are under the muscle now vs. over the muscle.

Most of all my issue is that I want the implants that I want. The natural looking ones, not the cones or moons. Do I want a surgeon that doesn't like those implants and doesn't have much experience with them?

One of the big factors in my going to this particular surgeon is that my band surgeon will be in the OR with him. Not that he can do anything, it's more of a thing where I'd just feel better with him in there. So I need to choose a plastics guy from THAT hospital. My band surgeon is also a certified trauma surgeon. If I throw a clot or have some odd complication I want him handling the complications, not the plastics guy.

I just can't decide what to do.

Are you wanting the tear-drop shaped ones, or is it something else?

YEAH! That's a better way to describe them. Here are examples:

Moons:

http://breastimplants411.com/dbii/dr%5CSchwartz_814/18-a1.jpg

Cones:

http://www.advanced-art.com/Aug/aug8-lat-post-inset.jpg

More natural:

http://breastimplants411.com/dbii/dr%5CEdwards_939/19-a2.jpg

http://breastimplants411.com/dbii/dr%5CSlack_791/09-a2.jpg

The more natural ones aren't quite what I'm looking for (above) but I can't find the photos of the ones I prefer.

My limit is two surgeries. I don't like the Michael Jackson look. :o

One surgeon is very conservative that I went to for a consult and she won't even consider a face lift. She said there is nothing to lift. Since I have been losing weight I have this rooster thing under my chin and it's bugging me. She said she won't do a face lift. The doc in the US is a friend of mine and I wouldn't DREAM of going to him, he's a crappy doc. But he would do a breast job on a corpse if he got paid for it and he's willing to do the face lift. The Mexicali surgeon doesn't think a face lift is necessary at this time. So that leaves TT and boobs.

Thing about the boob job is that some say after about 10 years scar tissue forms around the implants (regardless of which type/brand of implants) and they get lumpy and painful and need to be replaced. Others say that isn't true because the implants are under the muscle now vs. over the muscle.

Most of all my issue is that I want the implants that I want. The natural looking ones, not the cones or moons. Do I want a surgeon that doesn't like those implants and doesn't have much experience with them?

One of the big factors in my going to this particular surgeon is that my band surgeon will be in the OR with him. Not that he can do anything, it's more of a thing where I'd just feel better with him in there. So I need to choose a plastics guy from THAT hospital. My band surgeon is also a certified trauma surgeon. If I throw a clot or have some odd complication I want him handling the complications, not the plastics guy.

I just can't decide what to do.

I would find someone that is experienced with the type that you want. You're spending hard-earned money for this, you should get what you want. Honestly, I'd try to do both the TT and boob job at the same time, if you might want more work done in the future. Are there any other plastics guys at the hospital you want? Or are you basically stuck with him or no one?

YEAH! That's a better way to describe them. Here are examples:

Moons:

http://breastimplants411.com/dbii/dr%5CSchwartz_814/18-a1.jpg

Cones:

http://www.advanced-art.com/Aug/aug8-lat-post-inset.jpg

More natural:

http://breastimplants411.com/dbii/dr%5CEdwards_939/19-a2.jpg

http://breastimplants411.com/dbii/dr%5CSlack_791/09-a2.jpg

The more natural ones aren't quite what I'm looking for (above) but I can't find the photos of the ones I prefer.

DEFINITELY go with the tear-drop shaped ones. The moons are fugly, and the cones look straight out of the '40s/'50s.

I would find someone that is experienced with the type that you want. You're spending hard-earned money for this, you should get what you want. Honestly, I'd try to do both the TT and boob job at the same time, if you might want more work done in the future. Are there any other plastics guys at the hospital you want? Or are you basically stuck with him or no one?

I am currently looking for another plastics guy from that hospital. But I want a referral from my band surgeon, meaning... I want him to refer me to someone he knows personally and has seen the work. But my band surgeon is out of town this week so I have to wait until next week before I can find out if there is anyone else he would suggest.

DEFINITELY go with the tear-drop shaped ones. The moons are fugly, and the cones look straight out of the '40s/'50s.

HA!!!! That is *exactly* what I have been saying. The moons are fugly and the cones look like the soap stars from the 50s. Boobs are supposed to sag a LITTLE (not quite like what mine appear now). That's a more natural look that I want.

When I hit goal (and have enough money saved), I'm probably going to have a boob job (and a TT, also, if my skin doesn't bounce back). My boobs have NEVER been perky. The damn things are naturally saggy, I think.

My girls are definitely heading south! I am not planning on any plastics at this time although my arms are getting that "bat wing" thing going on too. I am only about halfway to goal so I might reserve my decision for later....

My girls are definitely heading south! I am not planning on any plastics at this time although my arms are getting that "bat wing" thing going on too. I am only about halfway to goal so I might reserve my decision for later....

I didn't realize how horrible everything would look after weight loss. I had a much different vision. I can live with the boobs (Wonder Bras are amazing!) but my stomach... it's just gross.

All this talk of boobs and tummies got us side tracked LOL.

Back to the original topic of OH.....I feel like that if I had been duped by Sandy, I would be embarassed and hurt. Most victims of scam artists feel ashamed to tell anyone. Even if ALL her advice is good (which it apparently is not), the fact that she misrepresented herself daily should be a peek into her character...right? I think in most forums, she would at least be called out. I cannot find on OH where anyone got an answer other than ...."of course I am licensed". Usually the poor OP was accosted by a barage of "protectors". Sandy was never made to answer for her actions. If she really wants to turn over a new leaf (which she has never even said by the way), a public apology and explanation on OH would be a good start.....IMO.

All this talk of boobs and tummies got us side tracked LOL.

Back to the original topic of OH.....I feel like that if I had been duped by Sandy, I would be embarassed and hurt. Most victims of scam artists feel ashamed to tell anyone. Even if ALL her advice is good (which it apparently is not), the fact that she misrepresented herself daily should be a peek into her character...right? I think in most forums, she would at least be called out. I cannot find on OH where anyone got an answer other than ...."of course I am licensed". Usually the poor OP was accosted by a barage of "protectors". Sandy was never made to answer for her actions. If she really wants to turn over a new leaf (which she has never even said by the way), a public apology and explanation on OH would be a good start.....IMO.

I even contacted OH's member services about her and they blew me off. THAT is what pisses me off more than anything, that they are knowingly allowing her to get away with presenting herself as a nurse. Even with all of their disclaimers, I think that they could probably be held liable if they allow Sandy to misrepresent herself as a nurse and someone follows her advice to their detriment. If someone gets hurt because of Sandy, OH is screwed, since they've been warned about her and they've done nothing. You may not be able to charge OH with an illegal offense, but that means nothing in a civil court.

I wonder if anyone's reported her to the company that markets her CDs, since they are advertising her as a licensed nurse.

That is sure not good public relations on the part of OH. But as far as Sandy herself, I understand why she does not deny the info(because it is true and can be verified). Why does she not take responsibility for it? Has she to anyone? Even her so-called friends, I wonder if she has offered them an explanation or any apology....If I had so staunchly defended someone, I would feel entitled to some sort of explanation! Unless she has sent them private apologies (the coward's way out), I have not seen any sort of remorse shown on OH.