Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why do I do it to myself?

To add to my above post:

OH is a very clique-driven place. If you aren't favored by the overwhelming group that is posting (which would be Sandy's supporters), you are either ignored or attacked, depending on how vocally anti-Sandy you are. Her supporters apparently feel that they have only one way to interact with other people in a way that is favorable to them, and that is to publicly support Sandy.

It sure seems to me that quite a high percentage of them have had complications as well. It's got to be a higher percentage than the general banded population, and they have come up since these people have been following Sandy's "rules". Maybe it's not such a good idea to pack in 1-2 cups of food in 20mins and maybe a shake in the morning is not such a bad thing.

Whenever it comes up, they'll say that she's being attacked and they have to defend their poor victim of a friend. It really turned me off. I post to say happy birthday and to give newbies advice. I don't care about the friendships that they've formed or what clique they aren't. One time, Wendell made a post about his Protein intake calculations. OMG. You'd have thought that he shot the pope. I had to ask what the big deal was. What kills me is when they'll disagree with you and then say that they're not going to speak on it again. Like I'm supposed to cower in fear or something. I noticed a post like that on this thread. HAHA. I'm just sorry that I missed the myspace post on there.

And his protein calculation worked out to be a normal amount. I think for me it was 60g/day. The dumb asses decided to jump all over him before they even checked out.

Anyone notice that this thread has 18 viewers right now? HA! I guess this is a topic folks are interested in. :o

Join in folks! You have nothing to fear here!:)

Ohhhh, I hadn't forgotten. I just wasn't sure how to get the topic back on track. :o

There is one person I PMed after discovering Sandy was not licensed as she claimed, she has a criminal record, she lied on her licensing renewal, she's been banned from numerous boards, etc. She seemed surprised and said she was pretty good on a computer and if what I was saying was true, she'd call Sandy out herself on the boards. I gave her all the info she needed to confirm what I was writing.

Never heard another word from her. When someone else asked her she suddenly claimed it was no longer important. Yeah, right.

Just another cheerleader with their POM POMs that doesn't have the integrity to admit she was duped by a very manipulative liar on OH.

Hey maybe if she reads this thread she can comment on that.

It sure seems to me that quite a high percentage of them have had complications as well. It's got to be a higher percentage than the general banded population, and they have come up since these people have been following Sandy's "rules". Maybe it's not such a good idea to pack in 1-2 cups of food in 20mins and maybe a shake in the morning is not such a bad thing.

Impossible! That would be breaking a RULE! Heh...

What Dr does Sandy work for, or write for, or whatever it is she does?

I came to this site after hearing someone recommend it to someone else in the waiting room of my surgeon. I'm SO glad I didn't overhear someone recommending OH!

Forestcat

I must admit that I am not ready to leave OH because of another forum that I belong to on there. If it weren't for them I wouldn't care. I just emailed OH to see if I would be violating TOS with the post. I'll let you guys know what happens. Who do I contact over here about posting the emails? I didn't pick sides, I just don't like bs. Plus she told me that I could have refried Beans when I was on liquids. Thank goodness that I waited until Monday and called one of my nutritionists. I didn't pay $20,000 after the discount to stay overnight in the hospital and mess this up. You can have anything with moderation. I never felt that anyone was posting that all they eat is candy. If you eat a snack size candy bar and continue to lose, it's ok. Even if you don't lose, what does that have to do with me? The last time I looked, I only gained weight for what I ate and not for what someone else ate. If more people on OH thought like that, there would be no problems.

Sandy is a former nurse on OH who claims to be a band practitioner (that title doesn't exist). She doesn't tell people that she lost her license in two states for not admitting she was charged with a crime (theft of an expensive coat).She has longed claimed an association with Dr. Kuri (even claiming to help him give fills) but now I guess he is paying her for her bandguide.

Sandy is a former nurse on OH who claims to be a band practitioner (that title doesn't exist). She doesn't tell people that she lost her license in two states for not admitting she was charged with a crime (theft of an expensive coat).She has longed claimed an association with Dr. Kuri (even claiming to help him give fills) but now I guess he is paying her for her bandguide.

Yep, she still claims she is licensed under her married name. When I found out her married name I discovered she USED to be licensed.

Now, I may have missed it but she claims to be a licensed nurse practitioner. According to what I read she was an RN. That's all. No NP, just an RN with a revoked license.

When it was brought to her attention that claiming to be an RN or claiming to be licensed is a felony in her state she ran around editing and deleting her old posts where she made the claims. However, those posts were copied long before she had the opportunity to delete them.

I'm not really sure what will come of all that, but it is being looked into.

I spoke with the office manager for Dr. Kuri after Sandy emailed me. They stated that she does not do fills for them and does not work for him. Yep, I called Mexico. I know how to research. If you can log onto OH, you should be able to research people that are lying through their teeth. Maybe, it's good enough for them that she had a license at one time. BTW, OH said that they wanted to view the emails, so I sent it to them.

Oh! She also claimed that she and Dr. Kuri gave fills in Dr. Neal's office during a bandster bash. However, the folks that actually WERE in that office that day including Dr. Neal and his office manager claim that isn't accurate. Dr. Kuri didn't give fills in Dr. Neal's office because Dr. Kuri isn't licensed in the US, just Mexico and Sandy wasn't there. She wasn't even in the office during the time she claimed to be helping with fills.

Honestly, I don't think that woman is capable of honesty.

Yep, she still claims she is licensed under her married name. When I found out her married name I discovered she USED to be licensed.

Now, I may have missed it but she claims to be a licensed nurse practitioner. According to what I read she was an RN. That's all. No NP, just an RN with a revoked license.

When it was brought to her attention that claiming to be an RN or claiming to be licensed is a felony in her state she ran around editing and deleting her old posts where she made the claims. However, those posts were copied long before she had the opportunity to delete them.

I'm not really sure what will come of all that, but it is being looked into.

Yep, I (among others) made screencaps of her website and of her posts where she claimed to be an RN/NP/CNS. So, if anyone wants the files to send to the authorities, I can provide!

I spoke with the office manager for Dr. Kuri after Sandy emailed me. They stated that she does not do fills for them and does not work for him. Yep, I called Mexico. I know how to research. If you can log onto OH, you should be able to research people that are lying through their teeth. Maybe, it's good enough for them that she had a license at one time. BTW, OH said that they wanted to view the emails, so I sent it to them.

Maybe they'll finally do something, then. I doubt it, though.