Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nervous on Next Diet Phase

Hi Everyone. 1st Post!

I had surgery on April 10th. Two weeks as of today. Other than staying in the hospital 1 extra day because I could not move without vomiting, my result have been fairly typical so far of my expectations.

I did have 1 episode where I tried to take my Vitamins too quickly and ended up getting sick. And I still am having trouble getting 64 oz of fluids in daily - but I try!

By biggest anxiety right now is progressing to the next level on my diet. I'm excited, but yet anxious. My doctor requires 2 weeks of liquids before progressing to pureed foods. I guess I could technically start them today; but I've decided to wait until Wednesday when I go for my nutrition and dr follow-up.

I'm a little hesitant to try the next phase. I think I'm more worried because it's not so structured as what I'm doing now. And I actually have choices again.

Has anyone else felt this way??

Thanks!

Myn was April 10th as well. Sounds like we are on the same diet.

I was sleeved on the 8th and had a similar diet. For 2 weeks was on liquids. I couldn't wait to get to the puree stage. Wanted eggs and some better Soup. The diet also helps you get more calories in. Talk to your NUT but they would probably want you to begin getting your Protein intake up now that you're ready. I know i was very week after all the walking and the low calorie intake from the liquid phase. So glad i'm able to get a better variety of food in. Jello just wasn't doing it for me. Not that I was hungry, just wanted to taste something.

Let us know what your NUT said. I was told to avoid the internet recommendations so I pretty much stuck to the NUT's diet sheet which was very limited in my case. You know your body the best so please let your NUT know how your feeling as well.

We follow the plan because the plan works. Hopefully knowing that you also have a ton of people on here doing the same or very similar things will ease your anxiety. GOOD LUCK & KIT.

Hi - thanks so much for the replies!

I did talk to my NUT and my dr. And I have to say I think I've successfully graduated to the next stage.

I agree that the internet recommendations are all over the board. So I have been following my NUT guide for the "mushy foods" stage as I call it, but it's pureed foods. So far - I have not had one single issue at all with anything I've tried to eat. I think mine was a mental thing - you go for 2 weeks on such a controlled plan - that when you start stepping out of that control - I was scared I'd either go hog wild OR be so concerned about eating the right things that I wouldn't eat. Neither have happened. Slowly I've tried different things.

I also am reading a book that came to be highly recommended called "Ultimate Gastric Sleeve Success" by Dr. Duc C Vuong that is offering some practical advice too. Although there are a few things I don't agree with - but I'm early in the process.

I'll take your advice and continue following the plan. Thanks so much for your support! We all need it!