Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey there! My hospital officially submitted on Wednesday at 2:00 pm. My insurance called me on Friday at noon to tell me I was approved!!! So less than 2 days!

My dr's office actually submitted everything on Wednesday as well! Still no word on my end [emoji25]But I'm so happy for you!! When do you get a date??

I also have BCBS of Michigan I started seeeing my surgeon July of 2016 and they submitted my info which BCBS said I needed six months of diet history so of course I got discouraged and said forget it. In October 2016 I got a call from the surgeons office checking on my progress when I told them I had given up I didn't want to do another 6 month history they basically talked me into going on which I'm thankful they did they also helped me find a doctor that can help me with everything. I started seeing a nutrition doctor who was amazing she helped me so much even lost about 25lbs on my own then I started having second thoughts thinking I can do it on my own until the new year rolled in and I gained. Long story short my last day seeing her was April 5th 2017 my six months were done. They submitted my paperwork that week that Monday morning I got a call saying I was approved. I picked my date myself due to my job I wanted to start at the beginning of a new month so May 1st 2017 I had my surgery. So it will happen fast if all your information they require is done correctly. Good luck on everything keep us posted..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using BariatricPal mobile app

My dr's office actually submitted everything on Wednesday as well! Still no word on my end [emoji25]But I'm so happy for you!! When do you get a date??

Don't be afraid to call the insurance company! I think mine got through so fast because I called and made friends with the lady!

Chryss

Don't be afraid to call the insurance company! I think mine got through so fast because I called and made friends with the lady!

Chryss

Just waiting for business hours & I'll be calling [emoji6]

Just waiting for business hours & I'll be calling [emoji6]

Call the general line and go to "precertification" ask precertification if they have a case for you, if they don't, ask them for the number for Bariatric surgery (they will transfer you). Ask for a reference number, ask where they are in the process and what is their next steps. If it goes to Bariatric line, ask who your case worker/nurse is and get their extension for your call tomorrow.

Call the general line and go to "precertification" ask precertification if they have a case for you, if they don't, ask them for the number for Bariatric surgery (they will transfer you). Ask for a reference number, ask where they are in the process and what is their next steps. If it goes to Bariatric line, ask who your case worker/nurse is and get their extension for your call tomorrow.

I just took a screen shot, I'll be following those directions cause I had no idea what I was gonna say I was just gonna wing it [emoji23] thanks girl!

No problem. My case was with Bariatric line, they were WONDERFUL. My case workers is calling me this afternoon to set up my post op sessions. She will be calling me every week for 3 months post op for free nutritional counciling!

I have Highmark BCBS of PA and I am submitting my paperwork to the insurance company today, well my doctors office is. I pray I get approved :) I pray we all get approved :)

I GOT THE APPROVAL!

YES!!!!!!!! When is your surgery date?? We are insurance buddies, can we be surgery buddies?

YES!!!!!!!! When is your surgery date?? We are insurance buddies, can we be surgery buddies?

Of course! I have my final appointment with surgeon sometime within the next week, he'll give me my date at that appointment. Do you have a date?!

Of course! I have my final appointment with surgeon sometime within the next week, he'll give me my date at that appointment. Do you have a date?!

It's June 19th but I'm on a waiting list if someone cancels! They said that rarely happens though. I just ordered all my Vitamins, I bought two cases of pure Protein and I think my husband bought me the 30 oz Yeti tumbler I wanted for Water sipping!

It's June 19th but I'm on a waiting list if someone cancels! They said that rarely happens though. I just ordered all my Vitamins, I bought two cases of pure Protein and I think my husband bought me the 30 oz Yeti tumbler I wanted for Water sipping!

That's so awesome! June 19th is gonna come so fast! Ahh so exciting