Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre op weight loss stall

Hi everyone, so my doctor recommended a 10% loss before surgery in February, I fortunately had loss 10 lbs since December, but I've been stuck for the past 2.5 weeks with no weight loss, last time I weighted myself I was 277.8 but for the past few days I've been in the 280s. I have been exercising, following the diet and logging my food into an apt which tells me I'm having about an average of 1500 calorie deficit, but still no budge.

I first though it was just Water weight, but it's been a couple of days and I'm starting to feel very disheartened and emotional.

Any help, tips will be appreciated it!

Has there been any changes, stress, lack of sleep, etc? These things can hinder weight loss. Not staying properly hydrated? Even not eating enough? <--- Contrary to belief, yes, you can gain/stall not eating enough. But that's another topic (unless you want to go there, let me know).

Is there too much sodium in your diet? that'll cause Water retention.

About to start that time????? Also, doesn't help.

I don't necessarily have any tips for you but I'm in the exact same boat. I'm supposed to lose a certain amount before my pre op appointment May 12 and I've been doing everything right yet I've remained stuck right around the same weight for over a week. I guess under regular circumstances that would be a fairly normal weight loss plateau but I'm on a deadline here. These last five pounds are killing me. It's so stressful and frustrating!

Has there been any changes, stress, lack of sleep, etc? These things can hinder weight loss. Not staying properly hydrated? Even not eating enough? Is there too much sodium in your diet? that'll cause Water retention.
About to start that time????? Also, doesn't help.

Thanks! My cycle is going to happen in 3wks, and as for the sodium, I'm not a fan of salt so that will be minimal. I weighted myself again today and the scale kept going up, then down, then up again. I'm planning on just having a shake for Breakfast, dinner and a light lunch and see if anything budges. I'm just sad since I have my pre op consult tomorrow and wanted to be writhing 5lbs of my goal. I usually drink between 90 to 140 oz of water daily. Soooo I dnt know what could be it! But I'll def. look into your recommendations!

I weighted myself again today and I went from 280lbs (yesterday) to 278 today. I changed the batteries of my scale, so hopefully I won't freak out again. I spoke with my doctor today and he basically told me to "just keep swimming"