Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved on April 13th and oblivious what to do.

I'm struggling to get my fluids in. Also I'm wondering what Protein Shakes everyone drank right after surgery. I have some pure Protein but afraid it's too thick. I'm terrified of causing issues with the staples and then having a leak. I've been up walking around trying to get rid of gas but every so often I feel like I have to burp but it doesn't come out and then I have a little pain in my chest. Does anyone else have this issue. I'm full of all kinds of questions I know.

Hey! We had the same surgery date. I'm also freaking out and trying to figure out if the pain I'm having is normal or not. I believe that the pure Protein Shakes are fine - my doctor said that as long as I can tolerate the thickness without wanting to throw up then it won't be a problem. I also have the slight pain in my chest just from being full, but what's really causing me pain is getting in and out of bed. And also I am struggling so badly to drink enough water!

Hey! We had the same surgery date. I'm also freaking out and trying to figure out if the pain I'm having is normal or not. I believe that the pure Protein Shakes are fine - my doctor said that as long as I can tolerate the thickness without wanting to throw up then it won't be a problem. I also have the slight pain in my chest just from being full, but what's really causing me pain is getting in and out of bed. And also I am struggling so badly to drink enough water!

Ive slept in the recliner. I have a memory foam bed and it's kinda low to the ground so I was even going to attempt it. The Water killing me. I set a timer on my phone to go off every 15 minutes so I'll start drinking an ounce. My family wants to throw my phone out the window. Lol.

Ive slept in the recliner. I have a memory foam bed and it's kinda low to the ground so I was even going to attempt it. The Water killing me. I set a timer on my phone to go off every 15 minutes so I'll start drinking an ounce. My family wants to throw my phone out the window. Lol.

lol! Yeah I haven't been the most pleasant person lately. My poor fiancé. This surgery is crazy physically and mentally. I go through things of regret because it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel while experiencing this pain and wanting to have an English muffin for Breakfast [emoji24][emoji23][emoji85]

You need to be talking to your docs office.

I left a message at 9am. Still haven't heard back.

lol! Yeah I haven't been the most pleasant person lately. My poor fiancé. This surgery is crazy physically and mentally. I go through things of regret because it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel while experiencing this pain and wanting to have an English muffin for breakfast [emoji24][emoji23][emoji85]

Yeah my poor hubby. He's had to help me with everything. Although he had his hip replaced 2 years ago so I figured he owed me. [emoji16]

3 minutes ago, sc09 said:

I left a message at 9am. Still haven't heard back.

You keep calling. Use the patient portal if they have one. This soon out after surgery if a doctors' office isn't getting back to you, they should be reported as many places as possible. This is not the time to be using a forum where any one and everyone can give advice that may or may not be what your surgeons office does.

Start writing down you questions so that when they contact you you won't forget. You can ask about where he wants you regarding your activity level, if you prefer bath over showers, when you are allowed to submerge in a tub or swimming pool, what to take for Constipation, when can you advance your diet, is gum chewing allowed, taking Vitamins while versus crushing. I hope that helps

I meant taking Vitamins whole versus crushing them

I asked about the Vitamins prior to surgery. They said chewable which I got the week before and went ahead and started. Every time I think of a question I write it in my notes on my cell phone so when they call I'll have it. I don't foresee getting a call till tomorrow though. Prior to surgery I'd email and not get a reply for 2 days and then I'd call and leave a VM and then they would reply to my email.

I'm curious as to how you all have been doing since....

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

I had the same problems with gas and air in the chest the first week or so. I was also having trouble getting up from my chair and sitting down... I was 488 lbs before pre-op diet. 467 lbs pre-op. I had my surgery on April 18th and managed fine. I drank Clear Liquids the first 5 days along with chewable Multivitamin and chewable Calcium tablets, then started with yogurt and mashed potatoes. I noticed each day I was getting my strength back. On the 6th day I tried Beans from del taco and it had to be the best choice ever, my stomach tolerated them just fine, and I started getting relief from gas build up. I have lost 27 lbs since my surgery​ with minimal exercise. I walk and work.

I'm curious as to how you all have been doing since....

I'm doing much better now. I'm back to work. Still struggling to drink enough and get all the Protein in. I still have the stuck burp feeling but not as often as I did at first. My main issue now is Constipation. But I've bought Miralax and plan on taking it every other day. I move to soft foods tomorrow.