Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Very personal ?..... Sex after surgery....

I have a question..... I'm 9 weeks out today from VSG. I have lost almost 50 pounds and I'm feeling more energetic every day. Has anyone had to deal with a partner that is still overweight and now you're on different levels of energy and sex drive??? I thought even if it was just me feeling better that it would get easier. It seems harder now. Feeling discouraged....

Im sorry what do you mean by it getting harder? Because you have to put in more energy? I'm not post surgery so I can't answer your question but I'm curious what you mean. I'm sorry you are feeling discouraged and I hope it gets better!

Hardly to says

after baratric surgery no sex till past six weeks to 2-3 months if baratric says ok with you ahead have sex with your boyfriend,fiancé and husband..

I had sex with my exboyfriend previous and I'm no longer with him because its so private personal for me..

My hubs went on a carb restricted diet when I started getting to preop things. He wanted to get healthy with me.

My surgeon clears us for sex as soon as we feel up to it.

It was nice and good for him and I both. Just talk to your husband as openly and honestly as possible about what you'd like.

I had surgery 3/23 and it seems my sex drive is non existent. I'm always tired it seems and it doesn't help me and my boyfriend schedules for work are way off. I'm 20 pounds down since surgery. I've never not been in the mood, hope it changes soon.

I was cleared to have intercourse when I felt I was fine. My drive went up after dropping 26 pds in a month. Also my husband is 6ft 208 pds so he's on the smaller side, things are easier for us weight wise

My surgeon cleared me for sex at 4 weeks post-op.

My husband is also losing weight along with me although he's doing it by not eating certain foods (no wheat, dairy, sugar or soy).

We've been married over 10 years and together over 13 and our sex life is better than ever. He has much more of a drive than I do and sometimes I'm just too tired but once we get going, I'm all into it!

Losing weight has allowed both of us to be more "flexible" as we explore different positions.

No complaints here :)

Him not losing weight is the issue. I'm all raring to go and he's getting further and further behind me every pound I lose....