Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Besides myfitnesspal, what phone apps are you guys using to track nutrients, calories, fitness, Water etc? Pre-op I was using Baritastic, but it doesn't seem to serve all my needs anymore

2 hours ago, LilEngine said:

Besides myfitnesspal, what phone apps are you guys using to track nutrients, calories, fitness, Water etc? Pre-op I was using Baritastic, but it doesn't seem to serve all my needs anymore

I like baritastic the best. It is the simplest one that seems to cover all the points.

I can synchronize my Apple Watch to it, but I'm not tracking steps yet, just my walking and elliptical by time and intensity.

I tried a few others leading up to it and erased them when I found baritastic.

I use Fitbit's tracking app, but I haven't tried any others, so I can't really say if it is comparatively a good option or not.

I use lose it to track calories, Protein, fat, and carbs. I use the Fitbit app to track exercise and Water intake. For both, I use the iOS apps and the desktop sites.

On 4/1/2017 at 10:59 AM, LilEngine said:

I was wondering the same!

We are developing a brand new BariatricPal app. What other features and trackers do you feel are important to post-op weight loss surgery patients that Baritastic doesn't already offer?

I use the My Net Diary app. It has a bsasic version that's free, but to get it to track Protein and carbs you need to upgrade to the premium edition for 8.99 a month. It's worth it to me to pay for that. I find my net diary much more intuitive to use, and I can find and enter foods much more quickly than when I tried my fitness pal. It has a feature that makes it really easy to upload a photo of the nutrition info from a packaged food, and then it adds the protein and carbs along with sodium, Fiber, etc.

I use MyFitnessPal, Baritastic, and Withings (my activity tracker's app). I love the functionality of Baritastic in that it lets me set a Protein goal for the day and has other bariatric specific functionality, but I hate that it won't sync with myfitnesspal! I have been using MyFitnessPal for years, have many friends who use it, and really don't want to switch. I want the Baritastic specificity without having to switch over to their food tracking. Very frustrating to me. If I could have a bariatric app with similar functionality to Baritastic (reminders, timers, bariatric specific food and lifestyle goals) that synced with MyFitnessPal, I would be in heaven.

I have Lose it.