Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So my surgery was 3/29/2017. I woke up and was in recovery for about an hour and a half waiting for my room. I was given ice chips while in recovery because my throat hurt so bad from the intubation tube that was there and the g tube testing for leaks. I was pretty much in from Wednesday-Friday morning. I got up and started walking Wednesday night. Did about 4 laps of the 4th floor. They had me on blood pressure medications, heparin twice a day, and roxicodone to help with pain and sleep. Thursday and Friday I finally got up and walked enough laps to start passing gas. Not a lot, but enough to make stomach feel better.

food wise I wasn't hungry. I pretty much set a timer for every 5mins to take a sip of something to start adjusting to what my sips need to be like. I thought I was supposed to handle 1oz of liquid as a sip wait 15 minutes drink another. Doc says that's wrong.

I was sent home with no medications. I'm allowed to have tylenol. I kind of wish I was given heparin to do myself because I am terrified of blood clots. But, here I am with my legs up. Trying to not let my anxiety win.

My partner has been amazing and so helpful. I knew he loved me before but damn he's proved it daily since surgery.

Hope everyone else is feeling better.

So my surgery was 3/29/2017. I woke up and was in recovery for about an hour and a half waiting for my room. I was given ice chips while in recovery because my throat hurt so bad from the intubation tube that was there and the g tube testing for leaks. I was pretty much in from Wednesday-Friday morning. I got up and started walking Wednesday night. Did about 4 laps of the 4th floor. They had me on blood pressure medications, heparin twice a day, and roxicodone to help with pain and sleep. Thursday and Friday I finally got up and walked enough laps to start passing gas. Not a lot, but enough to make stomach feel better.
food wise I wasn't hungry. I pretty much set a timer for every 5mins to take a sip of something to start adjusting to what my sips need to be like. I thought I was supposed to handle 1oz of liquid as a sip wait 15 minutes drink another. Doc says that's wrong.
I was sent home with no medications. I'm allowed to have tylenol. I kind of wish I was given heparin to do myself because I am terrified of blood clots. But, here I am with my legs up. Trying to not let my anxiety win.
My partner has been amazing and so helpful. I knew he loved me before but damn he's proved it daily since surgery.
Hope everyone else is feeling better.

I had surgery on the 29th as well. I hope you're feeling a little better. I can't believe they didn't send you home with pain medicine, and my doctor doesn't even let us drink anything cold or hot. Everything has to be room temp. I also got sent home with blood thinners that I have to take so it's weird that your doctor didn't even give you that.

I too had surgery on the 29th. I was sent home Friday morning. Today is the first time I am passing gas. Trying to get my fluids in but it is hard. I am having stomach spasms. I am going to continue to get these fluids in. Hope not to become dehydrated. Good luck to you guys

I had my surgery on the 29th as well. I was only in the hospital for one day. I thought that was normal but when I got home I regretted it. I had a low grade fever on Thursday night, so glad it hasn't come back. I am really struggling to get in the Fluid I need. I wake up all night long to sip because of how dry my mouth is. I feel like everything I do is stretching my stomach. I'm really concerned about not getting enough Water.

I had my surgery on the 29th as well. I was only in the hospital for one day. I thought that was normal but when I got home I regretted it. I had a low grade fever on Thursday night, so glad it hasn't come back. I am really struggling to get in the Fluid I need. I wake up all night long to sip because of how dry my mouth is. I feel like everything I do is stretching my stomach. I'm really concerned about not getting enough Water.

I am here with you. I am sipping all damn day and the 64oz seems like a dream goal. I am at 30 oz so far today but I don't see how I am supposed to eat yogurt as well. Best of luck to you

I was surprised at how hard it was to get in my Protein and fluids those first few days.

I am doing fine now 9 days out.

I start my day with Premier Protein which has 30gms of protein so it's like I'm almost half way there after that. It was taking me over an hour to get one shake in, now I'm done in about 35 minutes. So it will get easier when the swelling goes down.

If you are concerned about blood clots (like I was) then walk walk walk!! I used my elliptical every few hours for 5-15 minutes at a time. Also rotate your ankles in all directions and do the alphabet with your feet.

Good luck!

Edited by VSG4Mag
Spelling typo