MAY BUDDIES

256 posts in this topic

May Buddies. How is everyone doing who have had surgery? May is almost over and my surgery date of May 31st is fast approaching. Just wanted to check in and see how all of you are doing.

Wondering why all the May people are on KiK and not chatting here? What am I missing here?

Sent from my SM-T355Y using BariatricPal mobile app

It's more private and personal

May Buddies. How is everyone doing who have had surgery? May is almost over and my surgery date of May 31st is fast approaching. Just wanted to check in and see how all of you are doing.

On the bench

Okie75 likes this 1 Like this

I pray you get the approval and all goes well......I have been down the denial road as well.....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Featured Surgeons

1. Jalil Illan

Tijuana, BC 22320
      (844) 957-3325

2. Bradley Schwack

New York, NY 10016
      866-886-4698

• Recent Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• PAstudent

A tiny bit disappointed that I turn 21 tomorrow and still won't know what alcohol tastes like (I was sleeved less than 3 weeks ago), but getting my health and life on track are totally worth it <3
      · 6 replies
      1. PAstudent

I'm not TOO heartbroken about waiting a bit longer :) On the bright side, since giving up junk foods, my skin has gotten SO much better!

2. Deactivatedfatgal

Omg same! I had dark patches on thighs and neck & it's nearly gone now 😊 Yayyy to better skin haha

3. OutsideMatchInside

I had a fake ID and was going to the bars at 16. By the time I was 21 I was already bored with alcohol

4. Newme17

I guess us older folks are wondering why? Lol. When you get older, you'll wander why did you bother too? (or get bored with it). It just got me in a lot of trouble. If I had to do my 20's all over, I'd skip it. Enjoy life sober. You'll be glad you did. One less thing to get addicted to as well (if you tend to have addictions).

Happy birthday!!! 🎈🎊🎁🎂🎉

5. Newme17

Btw, I'm not speaking for all of us older ones either.

6. View All Replies
    • Thejeweledsleeve

5/25 - Went to the gym and worked out cardio. My shoulders were really killing me from the workout the day before. I did not get to see the trainer today because he does not oversea cardio days. I ended up working out for an hour and trying to keep my heart rate in cardio.
      I went home and started reading up on Ketogenic diets more. I found out that when Bariatric patients are required to do a liquid diet (low in carbs), we end up putting out body into a Ketogenic state. This allows our body to start burning fat as a energy resource. I was really intrigued and decided to do a full Ketogenic diet as an experience. I have foods that I omitted (red meats, bacon). I very barely would eat red meat prior to surgery so it was easy to omitted that option. I meal prepped enough chicken for the week. I can eat YASSO  frozen yogurt ice cream which is 100 calories and low in sugar with 5g of protein. I used to eat them for dessert twice a week. I made chicken breast, brocolli, mozzarella cheese (reduced fat). The remaining chicken breast, I am using to follow the Ketogenic Diet now. 
      5/26 - Went to my Granny's house to spend time with her. She loves seeing my progress and oh baby does she like to hear about the foods I can and cannot eat. She enjoys seeing my meal preps and just praises me for sticking to staying away from junk food.
      For breakfast: I had boiled egg whites (hate the yoke). 
      For snack: I had 7 olives and a powerade zero calorie drink.
      For Lunch: I had 4 oz of chicken breast, 1 tsp of guacamole and 1 tbsp of sour cream. 
      For snack: the remainder of my brocolli and cheese.
      For Dinner: I will have 4 oz of salmon and 1 tsp of guacamole.
      I have attached a picture below of my portion8 container. This takes me about 45 minutes to eat in it's entirety. 
      And a picture of the happiest baby I know. My little cousin. 

· 4 replies
      1. Sweet as peaches

Yummy food and cutie pie.

2. Newme17

Awww, she's so cute! Love her smile.

As for Keto, I have my reservations, but I hope it works out for you. 😊

3. salasmall

food looks great

4. Apple1

She is a cutie pie!

• Jeffrey Stern

I don't know if this is ...hate to say "normal" but I just don't have an appetite at all. Hard to eat and force myself just cause I know I have to. Just for reference sake...down 48 lbs since surgery May 1st. (4 wks).
      · 1 reply
      1. Introversion

The lack of appetite is normal during the first few months, so it is expected that you aren't that hungry. However, the appetite does eventually return as you get further out. Personally, my appetite was back by 9 months post-op.

• Jeffrey Stern

One thing I do as well is drink green tea... it really is a must. It is proven in weight loss and is necessary to stay hydrated. I drink at least 3-4 cups a day ...as well other fluids. Drink, drink, drink... and I don't mean alcohol. LOL  
      · 1 reply
      1. mikala3672

its okay to drink green tea? My doctor told me no caffeine so I give up the green tea.

• Jeffrey Stern

This is all new to me and still learning as I go along. I have been very successful with my surgery and post surgery. Had no complications and eating while sticking to the "diet" has been challenging. I'm on my last few days of the pureed or "baby food" as I like to call it. As for exercise I walk for now and plan to ride my bike and do some workouts with an exercise ball I've had sitting in a box in my closet for 15 yrs. LOL. One thing is that I haven't had any carbs or sugar for over two months my body has gone through a detox if you will. I feel this has given me a lot more energy and plan to stay away from carbs and sugar once I start to eat solid foods. Even though I love chocolate.
      · 2 replies
      1. talkingmountain

Yay! Definitely stay away from sugar AND artificial sweeteners. Otherwise you will quickly reawaken the sweet tooth monster!

2. Jeffrey Stern

I know...and what a struggle. However it gets a bit better with time. But I still would love to have a good chocolate bar like a Hershey's. LOL

• Trending Topics

• Magazine Articles

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs