Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Acid Reflux/Heartburn...Too little stomach acid

If you didn't know.....Acid reflux/ heartburn/GERD is due to too little stomach acid. I agree with these articles about how it all works. apparently hydrochloric acid supplements are real cheap might be worth a try! Knowledge is Power ya'll.😊

"clinicians have found that giving hydrochloric acid supplements to patients with heartburn and GERD often cures their problem:" Vitamin D level is about 60 ng/ml, and I strongly recommend you use LabCorp, which is a high quality testing facility.

As I’ve discussed in many previous articles, you can increase your Vitamin D levels through food triggers -- Food allergies can be a problem, so you’ll want to completely eliminate items such as caffeine, alcohol, and all nicotine products.

• Increasing your body’s natural production of stomach acid -- Like I said earlier, acid reflux is not caused by too much acid in your stomach -- it’s usually a problem with too little acid. One of the simplest strategies to encourage your body to make sufficient amounts of hydrochloric acid (stomach acid) is to consume enough of the raw material.

One of the simplest, most basic food items that many people neglect is a high quality sea salt (unprocessed salt).

I recommend eliminating processed, regular table salt for a lot of different reasons, all of which I’ve reviewed before. But an unprocessed salt like Himalayan salt -- one of the best salts on the planet – will not only provide you with the chloride your body needs to make hydrochloric acid, it also contains over 80 trace minerals your body needs to perform optimally, biochemically.

• Taking a hydrochloric acid supplement – Another option is to take a betaine hydrochloric supplement, which is available in health food stores without prescription. You’ll want to take as many as you need to get the slightest burning sensation and then decrease by one capsule. This will help your body to better digest your food, and will also help kill the helicobacter and normalize your symptoms.
  • Modifying your diet – Eating large amounts of processed foods and sugars is a surefire way to exacerbate acid reflux as it will upset the bacterial balance in your stomach and intestine.

Instead, you’ll want to eat a lot of vegetables, and high quality, organic, biodynamic, and locally grown foods. You can also supplement with a high quality probiotic or make sure you include fermented foods in your diet. This will help balance your bowel flora, which can help eliminate helicobacter naturally.
  • Optimizing your Vitamin D levels -- As I’ve mentioned many times in the past, vitamin D is essential, and it’s essential for this condition as well because there’s likely an infectious component causing the problem. Once your vitamin D levels are optimized, you’re also going to optimize your production of 200 antimicrobial peptides that will help your body eradicate anyinfections that shouldn’t be there.
  • Implementing an exercise routine – Exercise is yet another way to improve your body’s immune system, which is imperative to fight off all kinds of infections.http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/04/25/news-flash-acid-reflux-caused-by-too-little-acid-not-too-much.aspx

Definitely buying the hydrochloric acid supplements and trying them out. I love to read reviews on Amazon and this one is uplifting.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/review/B000M4CD2C/RECVRWNH5N9CL/ref=cm_cr_dp_mb_rvw_1?ie=UTF8&cursor=1

My Dr specifically told me the reason Sleevers have GERD is our bodies are still producing acid for a full sized stomach. not the size we have now and it takes it months to catch up.

@OutsideMatchInside that is what my surgeon said as well. I've suffered lately at midnight. It seems my pantorprazole wears off after 16 hours. They said I could double up but they gave me some other ideas as well. Such as sleeping on a wedge, and stopping eating/drinking at 8 am (a few hours before bed). I'm going to try these suggestions first.

On ‎03‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 9:25 PM, OutsideMatchInside said:

My Dr specifically told me the reason Sleevers have GERD is our bodies are still producing acid for a full sized stomach. not the size we have now and it takes it months to catch up.

I'm going to very well look in to that. I've been taking the supplements and haven't had any heartburn at all! I even at two HOT FRIES (I know I know, I shouldn't have) but I wanted to test it out. LOL It works now (before sleeve) so I'll have to do some more digging to see if it'll work out afterwards. I'd rather take a natural supplement than the PPI's anytime.

On 3/8/2017 at 10:25 PM, OutsideMatchInside said:

My surgeon told me the same thing, I have horrible GERD now and he said it may get worst. He also said that you never know because everyone is different.