Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please help by replying with the best question(s) to ask the VSG surgeon (my appt. is this Friday!)

Hi all!

Appointment with surgeon is coming fast! This Friday morning (Feb23). I have some idea for questions but feel I'll miss some good ones if I don't get ideas from all of you. What were some of the best questions you asked and were the answers as you expected?

Thank you!

How many has he done and any mortalitys ? First thing I asked ?. Could not asked for a better surgeon to be fair . Glad iv done it really am I'm not massively overweight but I'm up and down faster than a yoyo . When I booked in was 16st9 now 14st4 now so happy just did it to keep me steady and off my cpap ? No good .

9 hours ago, shadowmountain said:

Length of surgery, length of hospital stay, will you have a drain.....

Thank you, great questions - I asked about the drain and sadly, yes, they must use drains in my city. Other cities in my province don't; apparently it's individual to the clinic/city. Strange....

2 hours ago, joycey100 said:

How many has he done and any mortalitys ? First thing I asked ?. Could not asked for a better surgeon to be fair . Glad iv done it really am I'm not massively overweight but I'm up and down faster than a yoyo . When I booked in was 16st9 now 14st4 now so happy just did it to keep me steady and off my cpap ? No good .

Yes, I suppose I must ask that question! Slightly awkward but necessary :-) I don't have a CPAP, and in fact don't have pre-existing conditions other than slightly elevated cholesterol which was treated with 5mg of Lipitor, and now not on that but will need to go back on (long story). Probably the hardest decision I've made is to do this - I wish I could feel like so many others seem to - and feel committed to the fact it's the right thing to do. I just make the cut for this surgery to be paid for on provincial plan, so I'm definitely big enough to need to lose weight! Thanks for you input :-)

Ur welcome but I'm sure you will be fine and also get your health back on track it's normal to feel worried I also was ? Myself but to be fair probably best money iv spent just need to get head around new beginnings in my journey . I'm now 8 days out and every day I'm feeling better I hope this helps . All the best good luck with your journey also .