Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Blender Recommendations?

I need to buy a blender before surgery. Do you have a blender that you really like? If so, what one do you recommend? Thanks!

A cheap one. I got a Ninja, but only used it like 10 times. I had a short period before soft foods were allowed, and really just made sure to chew everything really really well.

About 4 years ago I read in Consumer Reports to only consider those with more than 1000 watts. I bought a Ninja Professional that includes a large 9 cup capacity jar and a 16 oz single serving. The base accommodates both. It is still working well. I make a smoothie base once a week of liquids and solids in the 9 cup. Refrigerate it in a tall skinny tupperware.
Every day I take one cup of that BA se and add one cup of fresh ingredients like kale and milk, and frozen fruit like 1/2 a banana, blueberries etc and process in the 2 cup single serve. It's 400 calories so more like a maintenance food. I'm hoping post-sleeve it will keep me full all Morning (in batches).

I have both a Ninja and a Vitamix (the VM was a wedding present). Honestly, they are both great, but if you can get a good deal on a Vitamix, you should go for it. The uses for it are endless - the best of which is the ability to make (hot!) Soup right in the blender! I just put some steamed broccoli, broth, and a little cheese in, flip the switch. 10 minutes later, I have piping hot , smooth and creamy broccoli cheese soup! smoothies are super fast and easy, and you can even make your own fresh [insert type of nut] butter!

I know I sound like a commercial, so I'll stop. But seriously, they're great.

My husband and I just discussed this as I thought perhaps it might be a good purchase since I'll be having VSG. He said he'd heard a lot of good things about the Vitamix and thought we should look into that one as it gives us the ability to use it for more than just smoothies. He loves smoothies and wants to make more, and we want our little daughter to eat better and smoothies are a great way to slip fruit and veg into pre-teens! lol

1 hour ago, TracyBar said:

My husband and I just discussed this as I thought perhaps it might be a good purchase since I'll be having VSG. He said he'd heard a lot of good things about the Vitamix and thought we should look into that one as it gives us the ability to use it for more than just smoothies. He loves smoothies and wants to make more, and we want our little daughter to eat better and smoothies are a great way to slip fruit and veg into pre-teens! lol

I do that with my husband! He's been drinking spinach in his smoothies for months now, and he has absolutely NO idea.

The Vitamix is pricey, but worth it. I usually see them at costco for a decent price. A friend of ours got a really good deal on a factory refurbished one from the Vitamix website, and she said it looks/works like brand new.

24 minutes ago, MeltsIntoWonder said:

I do that with my husband! He's been drinking spinach in his smoothies for months now, and he has absolutely NO idea.

The Vitamix is pricey, but worth it. I usually see them at costco for a decent price. A friend of ours got a really good deal on a factory refurbished one from the Vitamix website, and she said it looks/works like brand new.

Haha! Well, it's just my daughter I need to fool - and honestly, my husband is a far better eater than I am - thus me being overweight! I was thinking costco or Amazon - but I'll look at the website too for refurbished as well. thanks!