Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

upset and feeling disappointed

18 hours ago, Mandybb said:

I'm 7 weeks post op and I've not lost a single ounce in 14 days! Nothing! It says 225.0 every stinkin day and it is frustrating. This is my longest stall.
My first stall was at 2-3 weeks. That lasted about 10 days. I know it will eventually come off but it can be so frustrating. I have been losing inches though! My clothes are fitting looser so maybe search for non-scale victories! Hang in there though and don't lose hope, we will get through this!

In my personal opinion, inches are better than numbers on the scale. Are you currently working out too?

Have a calendar, take note of your weight on a monthly basis. Ur weight changes on a daily basis due to your hydration level. Needless to day, your pureed food must be free of fat, oil and butter. Drink lots of Water. Dont be concerned. As i told u, weigh urself only once a month.

Sent from my SM-N920C using the BariatricPal App

I have noticed that lots of those people that lost significantly more than 10lbs a month also went through complications. BAD complications.

Slow and steady wins the race!

2.5 months out and down 64 lbs so far with a Duodenal Switch and no complications!

This is very common in the beginning. Here is what is likely happening...
1) your body lost pounds immediately because it was a new change, but now it has had time to adjust.
2) in the first weeks, the body is being starved of nutrition & calories. After a week or two of this your body starts saying, "Hey! This is bullshit! Give me some damn food!" When you continue to not feed it, it then goes into starvation mode.
3) you would think starvation mode would drop pounds, but the opposite happens because your body now has no idea when or if you will ever feed it again, so it is saving all the fat it possibly can.

Sooo, what can you do about it? As backward as it sounds...start consuming more calories! Once you get up between 800-1000 calories per day, your body will say, "Oh! I don't have to hoard these old fat cells anymore." And you will begin losing weight.

How do you consume that many calories this early? Protein shakes! Find one you can tolerate, and drink up! Once you are on solid foods, eat healthy fats, like avocados. Even a few tablespoons of natural peanutbutter that is low in sugar. Keep the carbs & sugar at a minimum, and protein at a high. And remember, healthy fats act as a lubricant. I won't paint that picture as I think you can figure it out.

Dont wish for rapid weight loss, just steady...ive lost 63lbs in 2 1/2 months which is too much too fast. Day before yesterday i passed out whenever i stood up. I ended up back in the hospital for the 6th stay since 11/29/16 surgery...many severe complications, this is just the latest one. So...slow and steady is much safer!!

Sent from my SM-J320V using the BariatricPal App

When I had mine, my doctor told me that I had to excise! Going hard! His exact words! I hit the gym! I can only eat 4oz of food per meal, and I'm 2years post op. I lost 140lbs it's still off. You might have to reset your pouch by doing liquids the first week n soft foods the second week. Stay way from high carbs!! Don't go over 10 per food. Good luck!!!