Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Everything tastes yucky

Has anyone else hit a point where they are feeling hungry but everything tastes disgusting and feels uncomfortable in their pouch?

I don't even want to eat.

YES!!!!

Yes That happens to be. food I loved before the surgery either tastes horrible or makes me vomit.

Yes, very much so. I got to the point that i vomited EVERY time i tried to eat or drink ANYTHING for the first 2 and a 1/2 months. So i just didnt eat anything. I have been hospitalized 6 times over the past 2 months, too. I spent about 45 days in the hospital during thoae 6 visits...in fact, i just got out of the hospital about 2 hours ago!! I had to be put on TPN at night (nutrition that goes in via a port into my jugular vein) and i have to wear a patch for my nausea behind my ear, i have to take 8mg of zofran to help with it too. I have to take a dose of magic mouth wash (yes, thats really what it is called-it has lidocaine and other stuff in it that numbs my eusopogist because i now have eusopogitis from all the vomiting. And i that reglan afyer every meal...all this kust so i can eat without vomiting after the 1st bite :o ( but i had other complications: the surgeon cut my spleen during my bypass, my spleen died and was falling apart in my left abdomen which caused abscesses to form there. I had to have a spleenectomy afyer almost 2 months of battling ingection. They had to put drains in 4 times to drain the ingected Fluid out of me. Then my plural cavity around my left lung filled up with 1800 units of Fluid in it which caused my left lung to collapse so they put in a chest tube to drain it off...to put it very mildly i have a VERY rougj time since my November 29th gastric bypass surgery. I am sorry to hear thay you are having trouble with food too. I promise the taste of your food Will get better. Have a blessed day...... Michelle

Michelle...I'm so sorry to hear of all the complications you've had. That surgeon should be held responsible for his error. That's just horrible. I will keep you in my prayers.

That is a nightmare, Michelle. You should sue the crap out of your surgeon. I'm a nurse and I review hospital stays for an insurance company. The insurance company should also be going after the hospital because the hospital needs to be paying for all of this mess and you deserve millions in pain and suffering. There is no good excuse for things getting that bad or starting to begin with (the original error). You should be a multi millionaire some day. I'm so sorry to hear all that you've been through.

Thanks so much. I contactedvan attorney but was told my problems are all "risks of the surgery" so he wouldnt take my case. Since i posted last i spent an additional night in the hospital (stay #6) because ive lost too much too fast and was passing out whenever i stood up...i hope things are improving for you

Sent from my SM-J320V using the BariatricPal App

That is a nightmare, Michelle. You should sue the crap out of your surgeon. I'm a nurse and I review hospital stays for an insurance company. The insurance company should also be going after the hospital because the hospital needs to be paying for all of this mess and you deserve millions in pain and suffering. There is no good excuse for things getting that bad or starting to begin with (the original error). You should be a multi millionaire some day. I'm so sorry to hear all that you've been through.

Thanks for the advice. I called a personal injury lawyer and he insisted my problems were just "risks of the surgery" so he refused to take my case. Since my post ive spent an additional night in the hospital. I lost too much too fast and was passing out whenever i stood up...i feel like i will never be well again. I am so weak i cant even climb the 4 steps into my house. My husband has to push me up from behind while i try to step up...this is just crazy. I feel like i have even lessvof a life than i did before the surgery

Sent from my SM-J320V using the BariatricPal App

I am not able to eat or drink enough I stay dehydrated Just 2 days ago I had to get IV fluids was told I have burning mouth syndrome, blood sugar was 67, waiting on labs. I posted a question before I read this. SEVERE constipation!!! Awful. Surgery was on 11/23/16. I gag on everything I can only sip Water. Having a hard time hope this will get better before I starve to death. Lost 83 lbs total.

any advise?

Edited by catgina688
adding info

Sorry to hear this. I'd have to defer to your surgeon and nutritionist. Hope you're feeling better soon.

talk to your surgeon about the possibility of being put on TPN (nutrition via a growshong port. That is what mine did for me and i am a lot better now, i can eat most of the time without getting sick and i can drink better too. Just a thought...

Michelle darling I really feel your pain in some way and it sucks this has happened to you, I am in Australia and I know a lady that had surgery go very wrong, she can't eat via mouth at all she is tube fed to her stomach, very sad she has had 45 ops to keep her alive, well what can I say sweety bless your strength and I really hope you find the relief you deserve lots of love your way x