Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting to worry

I was sleeved jan. 25. Everthing seemed ok. Id get this odd pain in my back right side like maybe my kidney. Well its getting worse instead of better. N it radiates thru my side n to my incision site.... Should i be concerned or will it eventually fix its self??

Sent from my 5056N using BariatricPal mobile app

Put a call in and describe what you are experiencing. In general, when things get worse instead of better, you'll want to be checked out.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

If you have insurance that would cover an ER visit, go ahead there. If you don't, then maybe find a clinic?

Call your surgeon's office during hours. Don't waste time and money going to someone who doesn't deal with this type of surgery.

Health problems can often crop up post surgery that do need emergency evaluation and intervention. Because the pain starts in her back and not just around the incision, and it is getting worse (after 18 days), it is worthwhile to play it safe. Kidney infections are no joke, in case that is what it is...

Snugelkin.. how are you feeling?

This is no way constitutes medical advice however I would tell you that if the pain is in your back it's very possible that without nausea and vomiting,fever or shaking chills the pain may be more related to your GU system instead of GI.

You can go to urgent care first and explain your symptoms - they would likely run a urinalysis which could rule in or out things like UTI or bladder infections or kidney stones. (Which given the sleeve and the decreased ability to take in fluids wouldn't be unheard of)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Health problems can often crop up post surgery that do need emergency evaluation and intervention. Because the pain starts in her back and not just around the incision, and it is getting worse (after 18 days), it is worthwhile to play it safe. Kidney infections are no joke, in case that is what it is...

Snugelkin.. how are you feeling?

I got a kidney infection :-(

Thanks everyone i found out it is indeed a kidney infection n since i dont have a car im waitn on my daughter to get off work to pick up my medication.

Put a call in and describe what you are experiencing. In general, when things get worse instead of better, you'll want to be checked out.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

I sent in a email n they had me do blood work n a P test.

So happy you got an answer. Sorry you are sick :( Hope you feel better real soon! (Drink drink drink, try to flush those suckers out!).

So happy you got an answer. Sorry you are sick [emoji20] Hope you feel better real soon! (Drink drink drink, try to flush those suckers out!).

Thank u im doing my best