Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

delish protein shake!!!

I just tried a new shake its so good!!!

6oz soy milk

1/3 frozen banana

2 scoops chocolate Protein

2 tablespoons Peanut Butter

i also threw in a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt b/c i like ita little thicker.

its sooooo good and i dont even like peanut butter! haha. something different than the plain ones ive been having. also u should peel the banana before u freeze it. its kinda hard to peel when its frozen

Welcome to the forums Bert :)

If you look through the food forum, there's a lot of threads about Protein powders/shakes/bars/everything else.

For lack of wanting to start a new thread.

I ordered 'sample sizes' of different stuff, and for 9 dollars worth of samples, it was $9 of shipping-that I wasn't told till AFTER payment.

Anyway, strike 1.

I just received them.. They're all in zip-lock bags with a little piece of tape labeling them.

I've never had samples come like this, and I'm leary to even try them now.

?!

For lack of wanting to start a new thread.

I ordered 'sample sizes' of different stuff, and for 9 dollars worth of samples, it was $9 of shipping-that I wasn't told till AFTER payment.

Anyway, strike 1.

I just received them.. They're all in zip-lock bags with a little piece of tape labeling them.

I've never had samples come like this, and I'm leary to even try them now.

?!

Where did you buy them from?

www.enjoyhealth.com

And after re-evaluating, I think they must be an out-of-home business. So someone buying the actual products, then pouring them in zip-loc bags and re-selling.

$18 lesson there.. I'm normally good at picking out places, I guess I was too excited to find I could pick just a few different things in SMALL sizes to try them...I find this unbelievably hard to do.

What I would really like to do is get a group together and everyone share samples of their Protein stuff. Each person buys one or two containers of protein and sends everyone a sample or two. Hunting down samples of stuff is a pain in the ass. By the time you buy a bunch of samples, you might as well have bought an entire container.

Exactly.

And the 2 times I blindly bought off of recommendations (the bulk 5lb jugs or whatever), they were horrible and in the trash they went.

When I hear people mention something good, I go to google and look for samples. 90% of the time I can't find any, and I'm not willing to pay for the big jugs again.

But that website, like I said.. had samples of nectar and Elite (I think thats the name), so I got a few of both to try. I thought from the picture (silly me) it was going to be 1 serving size in a little sample size jug.

We should get that organized!

I use slimscript (SlimScript Soy Protein shake | Whey Protein powder Meal Replacement: A Heart-Healthy Low Glycemic Index food) and have found them to be much tastier and higher in Protein than just about anything else I have come across.

If I remember correctly, they gave me not only free samples...but a shaker, too. If not free -- the samples didn't cost much. I have been using them for over a year and love them.

Exactly.

And the 2 times I blindly bought off of recommendations (the bulk 5lb jugs or whatever), they were horrible and in the trash they went.

When I hear people mention something good, I go to google and look for samples. 90% of the time I can't find any, and I'm not willing to pay for the big jugs again.

But that website, like I said.. had samples of nectar and Elite (I think thats the name), so I got a few of both to try. I thought from the picture (silly me) it was going to be 1 serving size in a little sample size jug.

We should get that organized!

Which ones have you tried? I've bought Matrix chocolate (not wonderful, but edible), Whey Gourmet Chocolate Peanut Butter (extremely good, IMO), IDS Multi-pro vanilla Cinnamon (very good, also), and Nectar Fuzzy Navel (pretty decent).

One thing you should remember about the nectar products is that you shouldn't shake them. They foam up really badly. They don't mix as well without shaking them, but it can be hard to drink if you do.

I tried Elite Butter Toffee.. It was very foamy from shaking (maybe that was my problem).. it was horrible. It was like drinking baby formula.

I've had Matrix Cookie & Cream... tried to force myself to finish the cup, but I couldn't.

Slim Fast chocolate aren't too bad to me, if I can drink it before it unchills.

A girl at work does Carnation Instant Breakfast, so I've tried those, not a fan. I don't like the overly creamy sweet taste in all of these things. It doesn't seem natural and it sets off my gagging reflexes.

I wanted to try some Nectars, they're on my list of things to do.

Oh and right before surgery I got some Whey Protein powders from GNC.. One was suppose to be tasteless.. but it clumped and made my Soups nasty.. the other was vanilla egg protein or something.. and I mixed small amounts with expresso and ice in a blender. It was 'tolerable', but I definitely didn't want to drink it all the time.

EAS Myoplex comes in pre-measured liquid 4-pack containers. It is expensive, but is supposed to be very high quality. I drank them Pre-Op and they kept me full for 4 hours. I drank a lot of Water after drinking them too. the chocolate is superior to the vanilla in the taste department.

The taller containers have 43 grams of Protein, but the smaller ones are 25. I suspect this would be a perfect "instant breakfast" type drink without all the sugar.

Store: Product Details

These are about $2.90 each from this store and I have an athlete friend who swears by them. If you drank one each morning, this would last over 3 weeks.