Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Busy days question

Hi guys...

First im new and not scheduled for surgery till March. However, I've been trying to change my habits now and have been doing good with Protein etc... until those busy days hit... then my old habits come back with out even realizing it. So I'm wondering how did you all deal with busy schedules and food preparation or anything really when your days are non stop.

TIA!

Sent from my SM-G925P using the BariatricPal App

I'm still struggling with that. I'm 8 weeks today and I hate cooking but have no choice. I work from home and find it hard to get off the phone some days. I do try hard to keep some food that I can eat regularly available. Good thing I don't eat lots so when I cook something it lasts for days and days lol

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by smyleetn

I bought wonton Soup last week and froze 8 little ones for lunches, that worked well. I've also been trying to cook double the meat, so the next night you just add veggies and dinner is done. I've been trying to think of something to keep in the car as well. I would also love some more ideas on prep too.

I only cook on Sundays and Wednesdays. I cook for the whole family, then I portion out my meals in these Sistema containers that stack very nicely. It makes it easy to grab my lunch before work and to grab something when I get home from work.

I'm scheduled for surgery in March also. I have a wicked busy schedule but force myself to prep. If it is a truly busy day I'll make sure I have a Protein shake with me and some good high-protein Snacks (greek yogurt, sargento balanced breaks, cold cuts, or a Protein Bar as a last resort). If I need to stop out and about I love the new egg white bites from Starbucks, or I'll grab some cheese and nuts from 7-11. I also make sure I drink a boatload (3500 mL) of Water during the day.

Weekly food planning seems to be the new (ish) hot thing right now. Pinterest has lots of info about how to easily achieve this although I prefer to plan daily rather than weekly (Only because hubby can never make his mind up as to what he want for the main meal of the day!!)

I always plan my meals the night before, for the next day. Hubby collects what we are having for dinner, in his lunch hour and I sort out my other meals and Snacks. I keep things like Protein bars, baby bel, yogurts, nuts and Jerky at work in case I have to go out of the office at meal/snack times. If I don't eat enough I find I can stall or even put on weight. I don't want to lose anymore but maintainence isnt easy, I am working harder now than I did in the honeymoon period.

When you have a good, solid plan, the distractions are not as distracting. When you are following your plan, you can more quickly recover from the setbacks. Your plan keeps you focused and connected with your purpose. Having a plan enables you to build powerful, positive momentum in your efforts. Anything that’s worth doing is also worth the time and effort spent to establish a workable plan. Plan to succeed, and you will.

© 2012 Ralph S. Marston, Jr. (allowed to share)

Best of Luck !

Meal planning is great, but it is important not to skip your meals or small snack. If you do, you may rend to binge.

I had this problem and decided to set alarms on my Fitbit to go off 15 minutes before my "planned" time for meal or snack. This has worked pretty well as it lets me know it's almost time and make sure not to skip. Even if I am busy with work, I can still work in time to eat.

After about a month, I found it become a habit.

Sent from my XT1254 using the BariatricPal App

These are great! MowryRocks I need to find those containers!

These are great! MowryRocks I need to find those containers!

I found my first set at Sam's, but I buy them individually at Bed Bath and Beyond

post-311266-14861353091003_thumb.jpg

I got into a habit of packing my food for the day even if I am not going to work. This lunch tote is great with the portioned containers.

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

post-311266-14861353091003_thumb.jpg

I got into a habit of packing my food for the day even if I am not going to work. This lunch tote is great with the portioned containers.

attachicon.gif 61YHxhE1zNL._SL256_.jpg

attachicon.gif 61YHxhE1zNL._SL256_.jpg

Great idea! Do you recall what that lunch set is called?

@[mention=311266]bchbumette[/mention] what have you packed in those cute little boxes.

I pack hard boiled eggs, egg salad, tuna salad, steamed shrimp, crab meat and cottage cheese. Just recently started adding celery and lettuce so I usually pack celery sticks and Peanut Butter. My Protein Shake is prepared every morning.