Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Which state would you choose?

NW Mama

My wife and I have lived in a lot of states since being married.

Ohio, Missouri, PA, Florida, CO, Texas, Al, and In. Out of all besides being a true buckeye I would want to live in Co during the summer Gunnison, Grand Junction and then in Fl or AL along the ocean. We lived in Lake Mary just north east of Orlando and I loved it. I have missed it since moving back to Mo. My wife missed the change of seasons. She is from Missouri For me I did not mind missing them. Enjoyed the nice weather in the fall and winter and spring.

Chris

I grew up in Santa Monica and Venice in Southern California and it was a great place to live, but to me now the crowds and traffic are just too much to bear. Same with San Francisco. A glorious place but suffocating in some ways now.

I lived for many years on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington. Very beautiful and not too crowded, I loved it there. Too rainy for my wife so its off the list, which makes me a little sad.

Maine and Massachusetts are spectacular. Just a little too cold to live all year round. But great places to visit.

Florida has its good points, indeed. I lived there for a few years. But the summer heat is too much for me.

Lately I've really been enjoying the Delaware beach areas. There are some parts that are not too crowded at all, and there are still a lot of unspoiled nature preserves, etc. It's not too expensive. My wife loves it as much as I do. I just hope not too many people discover what an awesome place it is there. Kinda thinking that it might be the place we'll end up some day, hopefully soon.

I grew up in Boston & New Hampshire, but now live in Texas. I miss the fall but, not the winters (snow in April is dirty and "cabin fever" is enough to make you crazy!). Summers in Texas last 6 months (100 degree temps are hard to take!). I guess my ideal place would be 4 seasons, without the extremes. A little bit of snow is ok, and a little bit of hot weather is ok - but, not to much of either. Does a place like that exist?

Oh yeah, throw in a beach and a million palm trees too .. that would be HEAVEN!;)

Hey, I live in eastern Oklahoma and we have all four seasons, Currently the leaves are red and gold and beautiful, and the high temps are in the 60s. It's November and everything is beautiful. Don't believe those travel photos. Oklahoma and Arkansas are just as beautiful as other parts of the country in the fall and, while we have snow, it doesn't last forever. New England does not have a lock on beautiful fall trees. But it's colder there.