Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im 7 das out from surgery. Been cleared for pureed foods. shakes make me ill. Ive tryed several and mixing fruit n ice still makes me sick. My problem is im not loosing. Im walking as much as i can n still nothing... I feel like a failure.

Sent from my 5056N using the BariatricPal App

You may not lose until 2-3 weeks out. You just had a major surgery even if it doesn't feel like it. Your stomach is swollen. It can take time. Some have even gained a bit after surgery but in a couple of weeks it starts coming off. You have to just take a deep breath and trust in the process. Also try to stay off the scale. I know it's hard when you just want to see it go down, but the stress can also add to it not moving.

Im 7 das out from surgery. Been cleared for pureed foods. shakes make me ill. Ive tryed several and mixing fruit n ice still makes me sick. My problem is im not loosing. Im walking as much as i can n still nothing... I feel like a failure.

I would recommend staying off of the scale for the first month. Your body is recovering from major surgery, and nothing is likely accurate regarding your weight. Also, at this point, you probably haven't normalized from all of the gas and fluids they pumped into you during surgery.

The best advice is to stick to your plan. This isn't a race; you should be making positive changes for the long-term. The weight loss will come if you stick to your plan and make good decisions.

Good luck!

It's too early for the scale!! Give yourself time to recuperate. I didn't lose anything the first week either.

I for one do not own a scale! And I have no intention of buying one either. For myself, and only for myself, I don't feel it's mentaly healthy for me to own a scale. I'd be weighing every 15 minutes! I would remove the scale from the house for the time being. And you are losing! Your calorie intake is tiny and you're walking so You Are Totally Losing Weight! Be patient and just follow the steps we've been given. The weight is going to come off! I'm 16 #s at my 10 post op check on the 24th of January. ;) :D

Thank u everyone i think maybe i need to stay off support group pages too ... Everyone loosing is depressing me

Let it inspire you so you have something to look forward to!! Attitude is everything...this is the rest of your life...not a short sprint for bikini season!!!! ????

Sent from my XT1650 using the BariatricPal App

Ok, so this is good to talk about.

First, did your doctor explain to you about how swollen your abdomen is going to be? The body is healing, you are only 7 days post op. Right now your stomach and body are still in shock, in the early stages of healing. Your body doesn't want to drop weight right now, it wants to heal. So give yourself time. Most of us didn't lose in that first week or two post surgery and then it drops like a stone.

Second, vomiting what you eat. If it's just a one time thing that's ok but if it's happening a lot you need to call your surgeon's office. But what my doctor said is this: Try the pureed (or whatever stage I'm moving to) food, if you get sick, if you have discomfort swallowing or in your new tummy, just go back to liquid (or the previous stage you are moving on from) for a day or two and then try again.

Our stomachs are brand new now, neither your body or it knows whats happening. This is a learning time for you and for your body.

Third, depression. One of the most interesting things I learned here is that with rapid weight loss comes a flood of hormones for women. Add into that the life changing body alteration we made to ourselves, the fact we can't use food to soothe our emotions and we have totally changed the fundamental way we live, it's no surprise some of us experience bouts of depression in the first 1-8 weeks post op. Personally? I cried from week 4 to week 5, pretty much straight through except when I was at work trying to keep myself together. lol!

Fourth, feeling like a failure. OMG NO!! We are rockstars!! Someone said the other day they were told that each incision point is like getting stabbed. Most of us come out with 5-6 so not only are we freaking bad asses for being willing to remove 80% of our stomachs but we also got shiv'ed half a dozen times in the process! lol! You are only 7 days into an entirely new way of living, you are not a failure, you are a beginner. Your tummy is still a newborn. It's pretty much impossible for you to fail right now except to eat things that aren't on your list but we know you aren't doing that cause you'd be in the hospital. lol! No, you are not a failure, you are amazing and brave and strong, you took this incredible step. Now is when you need to be so loving and kind to yourself. If your BFF said to you she was a failure after you watched her go through this you'd pretend slap her, give her a hug and tell her a hilarious joke to try and get her to feel better. So love yourself that much and give yourself a break. :)

We was allowed liquid only for two weeks. Try what helps you. If your dehydrated you won't loose and try get your Protein. I know you've been sick. But maybe don't take it all in at one time just gradually thru the day. You have done the hard part the surgery. Your body will adjust. Just don't stress out this early. Good luck to you. It will get better.

My weight came off slow as well. If your looking for a quick or drastic change quickly it will not happen. I was discouraged at first, but a friend told me it's better ur loosing the way you so that u don't have loose skin. I'm in a phase now I can work out so it helps.

You mentioned FRUIT are you mixing fruit in your clear liquid stage?

I was on clear liquid 1st week, full liquid 2 week, and puréed by the 3rd. Everyone is different, so u want to follow the instructions of ur NUT and Dr. But if ur mixing fruit that has sugar which could be a culprit. Try powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein powder...omg it's soooo good with no after taste. chocolate and strawberry is my fav. You Can purchase from Amazon, the actual Unjury site. Also check with ur local hospital wellness center.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I'm feeling depressed because I can't eat food and I really want to I know it's head hunger. How do you manage that

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm feeling depressed because I can't eat food and I really want to I know it's head hunger. How do you manage that

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Are you on a anti-acid/ProtoPump inhibitor? I found my hunger was really acid reflux. I didn't believe the doc but I took the meds and YUP! That's what it was!!

In the grand scheme of things this is a very small amount of time, you will soon be moving to pureed foods and then to softs. Each new step is fun and difficult all at the same time. Try to distract yourself, walk and drink your Protein shakes. This will be over soon!!