Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery in 6 days. Nervous. Needs advice

My surgery is scheduled for 1/30. I am on my liquid diet for past 5 days and by now used to it. Lost 11 lbs. I have a lot of doubts about surgery. Keep telling myself that I can do this on my own. Although. I've done it before but always came back to same weight later. Did you have doubts before your surgery? Does anyone here regret having it?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

It's common to feel this way. My surgery was done on Jan 20th and I had those kind of thoughts as well... but I would not entertain them. I have failed in one too many diets and I was ready for this. Keep busy and think about something else. YOU CAN DO THIS! Sending positive thoughts your way! Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was have the same feeling and my surgery on 1/31 but always remind my self that I tried many many years and always gain weight in the last so be calm God will do the best .just think positive ????????

Sent from my GT-N7105 using the BariatricPal App

Been doing the same thing, but as another member pointed out to me we made this decision when we were rational and clear headed. I think it's natural to be nervous. Heck, my doc even said he doesn't like it when his patients aren't a little bit nervous...lol. I go in tomorrow for my surgery. Was stressing a bit last night, but doing better today.

Like the others have said I've been back and forth my entire life and I'm tired of it. Got up to nearly 400 lbs, lived at the gym and got down to 265. Quit smoking, change of jobs (desk work), and slowly worked myself back up to almost 350. I've been overweight probably 35 years out of my 40. I'm still nervous about things on the other side, but I know what this side has been like and I'm ready to leave it behind.

I had my sleeve surgery on 11/14/16.

I remember the week before surgery struggling with thoughts of maybe I can lose this weight on my own. I kept going back and forth between maybe I can do it on my own to no I can't, I need and want this surgery. I kept reminding myself of how I have struggled for years and years with being overweight, trying dieting throughout those years and not being able to lose the weight or keep off what little I would lose. Then a few days before surgery, it was all positive thoughts about my surgery and how much I wanted to make a change and lose this weight and keep it off. There was no turning back at that point.

I remember the day of surgery I was so excited to get it done! I was a little nervous, but mostly just excited and looking forward to my new life.

I only have one regret, and that's that I didn't do this sooner!

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery.... I wish you the best and a speedy recovery. The same to all the others who replied and are having surgery soon!

It's important to remind yourself that you made the decision to have surgery when you were in a logical/rational state of mind. Last-minute jitters are common, but they are emotional and irrational. Don't let them deter you from following through on a decision that you made after a LONG period of research and reflection.

I found it helped to think of weight loss surgery as weight MAINTENANCE surgery instead. I was always great at losing weight. I lost 20-90 pounds many times over. What I was terrible at was keeping it off. WLS has allowed me to do that. The weight LOSS is only a tiny fraction of your journey. Most people lose all of their excess weight within a year or two. Weight MAINTENANCE is the true test. That's for the rest of your life! And WLS is a tool to make that happen.

you can do this! I've had 7 surgeries and VSG was the easiest one I had! prayers!