Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've hit a stall. Trying not to panic.

I've read several posts that say don't weigh and stalls are normal...Now that I'm at a stall, I'm worried. How do you not worry? This journey is so delicate.

I've hit a few stalls, some lasting over a week. I'm 9 weeks post op.

Like you, I've read that stalls are perfectly normal.

I got through my stalls just fine, it helped to read what others had to say about them. All I can say is that you just try to keep your eyes on the prize and know that the stalls will pass. Be encouraged that you are past surgery and on the road to a healthier you. Try to look to the future and know that the good choices you are making right now will help get you there.

I finally made it past over a month of on and off stalls and lost 4 pounds this past week (this morning was my weigh in day).

Be encouraged! :)

Once you've gotten through a couple of stalls it will not feel as scary. I had a 7 day stall that ended just last week and resulted in my losing 3lbs in 3 days. Just do what your supposed to do and your body will follow suit. Worrying just makes you feel powerless and miserable. Enjoy how far you've come already and rejoice when the weight starts falling off again.

How early on can a stall happen?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Weeks 2-5 is usually your fist one.

I never understood the panic about stalls. As someone who dieted regularly my entire life, I knew stalls or plateaus were just part of the process. You can't consistently lose weight every day, all day. It's unhealthy.

How early on can a stall happen?

I'd say about 95% of WLS patients experience the "Dreaded Week 3 Stall" right around 3 weeks post-op. For some people it's a little sooner, for others it's a little later, but we ALL go through it!

I'm on week 12 and I'll tell you, it doesn't feel good to be doing everything you're supposed to and not move. It's very discouraging.

I'm on week 12 and I'll tell you, it doesn't feel good to be doing everything you're supposed to and not move. It's very discouraging.

Is this your first stall? I'm almost at 14 weeks and I have to tell you that this last long one was my third. I had one that lasted almost 12 days. I called my nutritionist and they told me I was getting too few calories. If you're concerned, follow up with your team.

It certainly can be discouraging!! I'm in a stall and trying to shift my focus. Instead of the scale I'm focusing on my number of active minutes and being consistent with my workouts. Also focusing on my Protein and calories.

Making consistency in eating and exercise is something I can control, even if it is hard and that scale isn't moving.

Good luck and remember that this won't last.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the BariatricPal App

I'm almost at 3 years and have been the same weight give or take a few lbs for about 2 years :-( I'm trying to kick start my weight loss back but nothing is working and I still have about 50lbs to go ... grrrrrrr

Naeema W.

Here is the deeply honest truth, if you follow the guidelines and the process you will lose weight in a ferociously short period of time. I've lost 50 lbs in 3 months. That's miraculous IMO! Sometimes it's gonna feel slow. Sometimes it's gonna feel like you drop 3 sizes in one week. It's gonna be up and down. It's not a smooth process.

You are going to be up and down emotionally too. This is a wondrous journey and the roughest, hardest part is the very beginning. It's the part that is the most painful, the most slow and the most important. Emotionally we are all over the place, just breath, trust the process, drink some Water and go for a walk. :)

Don't worry, this stall will end, you will drop a ton more weight and you will have more stalls. And it's wonderful.

I just had my surgery on 1/24 so no WLS yet but my surgeon and dietician said if I ever stall I can always drop back down to the previous phase for a couple days.