Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Wannabe Slinky,

thank you i have lost 8 stone just over a year very happy i would like to get down to 10 stone i am 10.10 at the mo size 14 to 16 im addicted to Penny's also known as primark clothes so cheap, i have no regrets only my own stupidity about getting another fill when i didn't need it i was fine the way i was but never mind its all a learning curve its just frustrating i have to wait for a another month not to mention the money before i can get a fill, i can eat a lot more now then i was able to eat and starting to get hungry so have to rely on the old will power its through what they say about getting the fills a little at a time because its not very nice getting over fill,i know i would never of got this far without the band a lesson to be told when you have good restriction enough that you can eat small portions of healthy food and be carefully with the goody's they go down so easy even with good restriction, the band is not much good if its so tight you can only eat soft food like choc ice cream & puddings you need to have good nutrition to give you energy, i was at this point that i could eat small amounts of good food until i got another fill was only able to have ice cream not good, have you booked your surgery with Dr Chris :smile:

Hi to all the oldies and newbies and to all who have booked surgery sorry to be so frank but i think its best to be truthful and this is just my experience i have had know complications up to now and the over fill was my mistake put down to experience it might stop someone out there making the same mistake :thumbup:

hi shoes

thts fantstic well done on your weightloss.

gx

Hi Wannabe Slinky,

thank you i have lost 8 stone just over a year very happy i would like to get down to 10 stone i am 10.10 at the mo size 14 to 16 im addicted to Penny's also known as primark clothes so cheap, i have no regrets only my own stupidity about getting another fill when i didn't need it i was fine the way i was but never mind its all a learning curve its just frustrating i have to wait for a another month not to mention the money before i can get a fill, i can eat a lot more now then i was able to eat and starting to get hungry so have to rely on the old will power its through what they say about getting the fills a little at a time because its not very nice getting over fill,i know i would never of got this far without the band a lesson to be told when you have good restriction enough that you can eat small portions of healthy food and be carefully with the goody's they go down so easy even with good restriction, the band is not much good if its so tight you can only eat soft food like choc ice cream & puddings you need to have good nutrition to give you energy, i was at this point that i could eat small amounts of good food until i got another fill was only able to have ice cream not good, have you booked your surgery with Dr Chris :smile:

Hi to all the oldies and newbies and to all who have booked surgery sorry to be so frank but i think its best to be truthful and this is just my experience i have had know complications up to now and the over fill was my mistake put down to experience it might stop someone out there making the same mistake :thumbup:

soz for all the questions who do you get your fills with,dr chris or did you go for the wls package and how many fills have you had altogether thanks:smile2:

hi shoes

thts fantstic well done on your weightloss.

gx

wow garry you have also lost alot of weight,considering the messing you had is it working good now can you feel the difference ?:smile:

Sorry Jasmine, everybody has to do the injections, but really don't worry, they are painless and easy to do. One of the nurses in the hospital will show you how when she does your first one for you.

Hi everyone,

Nice to see others embarking on this trip of a life time! Good luck to you all. Here I am now 2 weeks post op and finally doing ok, after a longer than expected recovery period, (it's a man thing apparently), however I am on the up and up again now, and doing well.

I have just booked my first fill for 08/04/10 in Manchester, so another exciting episode is to begin.

Just updated my ticker and all is going in the right direction finally!

Has my first meal out today with my wife and grand daughter, tret myself to a whole baked potatoe, just managed the flesh but not any skin, went down ok though.

Banded on 9th March 2010

weight.png

Julie,

Great to see you back on the site hun, I wondered where you'd got to. Try not to be too nervous, you'll be fine! Has the time dragged waiting? And don't you dare chicken out on me!! But do try to stick to the pre-op diet hun, it makes the surgery a lot easier for them if you don't have a fatty liver when they do it (just think of it as getting a head-start on your weight loss) :smile:

Paul - I'm hoping to be in manchester on 8 April too so I may see you there. What time are you booked in for?

Julie,

Great to see you back on the site hun, I wondered where you'd got to. Try not to be too nervous, you'll be fine! Has the time dragged waiting? And don't you dare chicken out on me!! But do try to stick to the pre-op diet hun, it makes the surgery a lot easier for them if you don't have a fatty liver when they do it (just think of it as getting a head-start on your weight loss) :smile:

Paul - I'm hoping to be in manchester on 8 April too so I may see you there. What time are you booked in for?

hi Hun, I am there at 130pm, gives me chance to get there from home! Be great to meet u also

Morning all

How much did everyone lose on the pre op diet? Ive only managed 4lbs which is probably not good enough.

Thanks

C x:sad:

Hi Shoes

Thanks for getting in touch, I have still got the pain and the strange lump even though I m taking my medication. Today only had a small pot of custard, cup a Soup and bowl of mince in gravy with potato, carrot and turnip so have not ate loads and loads

Tomorrow I am going to try and have a day of liquids only and try and get rid of this horrible feeling in my throat.

I am planning on going for my first fill at end of April and will heed you advice carefully.

Can I ask how did your weight loss work - was it a slow start and then more rapid once you started to get fills or what?

Struggling with the eating slowly too I think - so used to eating on the go but I suppose I will need to make a real effort on this front

Thanks

Kerry

Hi Kerry, Its hard getting your head around eating slowly even now i still forget until i get a reminder from the band i think your right to go back on liquids for a day or two this happened to me in the early stage's i emailed Fred he told me to go back on liquids for two days i couldn't eat mince some peeps can, its all trial and error i think you have to eat slowly and chew really well i find chicken very hard to eat unless i chew it down to nothing you kind of learn as you go along says she eating a spring roll to quick lol:wub: if your throat doesn't settle after the liquids i would email Fred or Dr Chris, my throat did settle after going back on liquids for a few days i know its very frightening all these strange feelings it will settle down, i lost a lot of weight in the beginning because of liquids and the mushes stages even after that when you are all healed up an start to get your appetite back i was very streaked with myself i keeped saying to myself i didn't put myself through all of this to mess it up all tho it is very frustrating and hard waiting on the fills with me they came a long when my will power started to fad i had to have 3 fills before i started to feel restriction so for me came along when i really needed it its amazing the difference but you still have to watch those Cal's and stay away from the goody's dame choc goes down so easy:cursing: the band works if you work a long with it if that makes any sense good luck :thumbup:

Hi everyone,

Nice to see others embarking on this trip of a life time! Good luck to you all. Here I am now 2 weeks post op and finally doing ok, after a longer than expected recovery period, (it's a man thing apparently), however I am on the up and up again now, and doing well.

I have just booked my first fill for 08/04/10 in Manchester, so another exciting episode is to begin.

Just updated my ticker and all is going in the right direction finally!

Has my first meal out today with my wife and grand daughter, tret myself to a whole baked potatoe, just managed the flesh but not any skin, went down ok though.

Banded on 9th March 2010

weight.png

Hi Paul, I am in Manchester also on 8th at 1pm so may see you there. I am doing well with my eating, unfortunately, but not being silly just trying to county calories as well.

soz for all the questions who do you get your fills with,Dr Chris or did you go for the wls package and how many fills have you had altogether thanks:smile2:

Hi Slinky, I have had 5 fills with Dr Chris and 1 with WLS found out about WLS to late as i say ed i was fine with the 5 fills 6.5 mils in total now im back to 5.5mils after the defill i can eat a lot more its amazing what .5 to 1mil can do just have to be very care full not to over do it i have to wait at least another month before i can get a fill i am going on hols in May might wait till i come back if the will power lasts that long should have stayed at 6 mils but never mind these things happen a long the way, Fred comes to Dublin 1 a month and Wendy from WLS comes to Swords 1 a month i think the package works out cheaper with Wendy shes lovely person really takes time to talk to you :thumbup:

Hi Garry,thanks you have done really well cant believe its a year a go how time flys hows your restriction going is it still very tight :)

Morning all

How much did everyone lose on the pre op diet? Ive only managed 4lbs which is probably not good enough.

Thanks

C x:sad:

Hi fattypatty, the pre op diet is not to lose weight its to shrink your liver so its easier for the surgeon i wouldn't worry about it to much by the way you have to change your name to fabpatty you wont have that fat to worry about any more :thumbup:

Hi Slinky, I have had 5 fills with Dr Chris and 1 with WLS found out about WLS to late as i say ed i was fine with the 5 fills 6.5 mils in total now im back to 5.5mils after the defill i can eat a lot more its amazing what .5 to 1mil can do just have to be very care full not to over do it i have to wait at least another month before i can get a fill i am going on hols in May might wait till i come back if the will power lasts that long should have stayed at 6 mils but never mind these things happen a long the way, Fred comes to Dublin 1 a month and Wendy from WLS comes to Swords 1 a month i think the package works out cheaper with Wendy shes lovely person really takes time to talk to you :thumbup:

Hi Garry,thanks you have done really well cant believe its a year a go how time flys hows your restriction going is it still very tight :)

hi shoes

yeh am good, got a fill 4 weeks ago and was meg tight, i tend to find that i have to just stick with it for 3-4 weeks allbeit i am eating nothing, but then it relaxes enought for me to eat a little.

The thing i really notice now is that i just dont feel hungry and have to force myself to eat, especially for the ammount of training that i do, i was getting really tired t night last week but that coz i was lucky if i was eating a tin of Soup and a couple of spoons of rice, not too good, but relaxed a bit now, so it 2 tins of soup and 3 spoons of rice now, oh and the mandatory daily intake of chocolte ot cake.

My weight is now at 8.5 lost so really pleased, i am only 6 pound off the magic 20 stone mark, my target is 17.5 as with my build i dont think i will get down any more or infact want to, my waist has went from a 58 to a 42 whereas my chest was 58 and has only dropped to 52, but i guess my training has a lot to do with that.

gx

gx

Julie,

Great to see you back on the site hun, I wondered where you'd got to. Try not to be too nervous, you'll be fine! Has the time dragged waiting? And don't you dare chicken out on me!! But do try to stick to the pre-op diet hun, it makes the surgery a lot easier for them if you don't have a fatty liver when they do it (just think of it as getting a head-start on your weight loss) :thumbup:

Hi jo

Not really dragged been so busy at work, but now im startin to think about it again, i wont chicken out i hope lol it s something i ve thought about for a long time so i'll kick myself if i do suppose its the nurse in me and workin with other nurses doesn't help tellin me all their horror stories but im blankin that out i think their just jel lol cause ill be skinny and they'll still have their weight. what did u do for the pre op ? i m def gonna stick to it the easier the op the better for me i ve only booked a week off so hope thats gonna be enough time for recovery, have u had ur first fill yet?

love

julie

PS anyone else booked in for the 20th april?

hi shoes

yeh am good, got a fill 4 weeks ago and was meg tight, i tend to find that i have to just stick with it for 3-4 weeks allbeit i am eating nothing, but then it relaxes enought for me to eat a little.

The thing i really notice now is that i just dont feel hungry and have to force myself to eat, especially for the ammount of training that i do, i was getting really tired t night last week but that coz i was lucky if i was eating a tin of Soup and a couple of spoons of rice, not too good, but relaxed a bit now, so it 2 tins of soup and 3 spoons of rice now, oh and the mandatory daily intake of chocolte ot cake.

My weight is now at 8.5 lost so really pleased, i am only 6 pound off the magic 20 stone mark, my target is 17.5 as with my build i dont think i will get down any more or infact want to, my waist has went from a 58 to a 42 whereas my chest was 58 and has only dropped to 52, but i guess my training has a lot to do with that.

gx

gx

wow Gary your doing really well. I had to have a defil last month as I was going on holiday. I didnt lose anything but hey I didnt put it on either. I got 0.75 taken out and this month only got 0.3 put in as i felt over filled with the whole lot put in. Ive got 11lbs to lose to get me to my goal but hey its taking its time!!!

Bobo when are you getting spliced now? Im sure I read a while ago roughly when you were around the 15stone mark!!

I dont come on here as often as I should but I was really glad when I read shoes had lost eight stone isnt that terrific well done shoes. Also to all apprentice bandsters and bandsters to be it must be so inspirational reading of these threes weight loss. Once again well done guys and good luck to all

wow Gary your doing really well. I had to have a defil last month as I was going on holiday. I didnt lose anything but hey I didnt put it on either. I got 0.75 taken out and this month only got 0.3 put in as i felt over filled with the whole lot put in. Ive got 11lbs to lose to get me to my goal but hey its taking its time!!!

Bobo when are you getting spliced now? Im sure I read a while ago roughly when you were around the 15stone mark!!

I dont come on here as often as I should but I was really glad when I read shoes had lost eight stone isnt that terrific well done shoes. Also to all apprentice bandsters and bandsters to be it must be so inspirational reading of these threes weight loss. Once again well done guys and good luck to all

homecare

thats great news well done you must be chuffed, it doesnt seem that long as u were after me but suppose ive had my issues:blushing:.

Its amazing the difference 0.3ml can make, its a tiny ammount as well.