Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Yeeha

I am absolutely delighted - I went to Boots yesterday with my other half and weighed myself and I have lost 13lbs already.

I know this will slow down considerably but what a great start - still on liquids only for another week and then will move onto baby food - can't wait

Banded 12th March 2010

weight.png

Thanks Paul, glad you are starting to feel better. Will try to regain my PMA today. Chrissie x

Yeeha

I am absolutely delighted - I went to Boots yesterday with my other half and weighed myself and I have lost 13lbs already.

I know this will slow down considerably but what a great start - still on liquids only for another week and then will move onto baby food - can't wait

Banded 12th March 2010

weight.png

Great news well done x

Hi Fatty Patty

Like you I have over 100 lbs to lose and my recovery has been excellent - day after operation I was able to drink unlimited fluids. Flight home was a bit uncomfortable mainly due to the gas pains and to be honest they are the only thing that has caused me any discomfort.

I have been off work all week but to be honest could easily have gone back to work as not been in any real pain - even my wound sites and port are fine - I have even managed to sleep on my tummy which has amazed me

I am sure you will be absolutely fine and nothing to worry about

Best Wishes

Kerry

Cheers Kerry, hoping I will be like you afterwards. Roll on Thursday. Chrissie x

hi, just wonder what injection you guys are talking about. I have not been told anything about it. plz plz reply back im panicing now!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi, just wonder what injection you guys are talking about. I have not been told anything about it. plz plz reply back I'm panicing now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi jasmine the injections you have to give yourself is for five days after the surgery.They are so your blood dose not clot.They are painless you just have to grab a bit of fat on your belly and stick the needle in.I got my partner to do mine.I think if you asked most people on here they were horrified at the thought of giving them self injections but if you had to asked them if it was painfull or hard to do most folk would say it was not.Don't worry about it.

Hi jasmine the injections you have to give yourself is for five days after the surgery.They are so your blood dose not clot.They are painless you just have to grab a bit of fat on your belly and stick the needle in.I got my partner to do mine.I think if you asked most people on here they were horrified at the thought of giving them self injections but if you had to asked them if it was painfull or hard to do most folk would say it was not.Don't worry about it.

Don't panic it's painless honestly the needle is so fine and not very long which helps

I did mine myself and never felt a thing ok?

Paul

Morning All

Day 10 now and feeling great - was on the beach this morning with my 2 dogs at 8am - had a lovely walk although did feel it pulling slightly around port site

Managed some scrambled eggs this morning - only a small amount but they were delicious - not sure if I should be having these yet though - have read lots of conflicting information on different sites - some say liquids for 1 week, others 2 and some 4 - totally confused. Is it safe to progress to soft foods now such as mashed potato/veg etc - one site (NHS one) said allowed soft foods such as macaroni, mince and potato and also fish in sauce at this stage but really not sure

Thanks

Kerry :)

Jasmine,

Seriously don't worry about the injections, I didn't know about them before I went and the first time I did my own I was a bit nervous but it honestly didn't hurt at all.

Kerry, I know what you mean about the pulling sensation around the port scar, I felt like that for a couple of weeks afterwards, like I might do some damage if I moved a bit too quickly etc. What really helps is if you know you are going to be moving around a lot, just stick a strip of plaster over the wound, but make sure to remove it once you've done whatever physical stuff you were doing, the more air that can get to your wounds the better. I felt the plaster made me feel far more "secure".

I didn't know what advice to follow regarding coming off liquids, but started on mushies around 10 days post op. I think so long as you eat VERY slowly and chew really well you'll be fine. Your body will tell you if you've over-done it, the food starts to back up into your throat.

Thanks for replying back. I may sound silly but is it a standard procedures that every one has to have injection after the surgery, or for people who may have problems with blood clotting. Im hoping i can get out of it

lol.

Hi Jasmine,

I feel awfull now worrying other people about having this injection. When i found out about it like you i panicked because in my mind the needle was going to be at least 10cm long when in reality (my GP nurse got one out and showed me) is actually tiny and so fine that i felt and still do feel silly for worrying so much about it. Please try not to worry as i have did you will be fine.

Sussie.

Susan,

I went for my first fill in manchester 3 weeks and 6 days post op. Frederik said this was fine but because of the scar tissue that was still a bit swollen he had to prod and poke around a bit to locate the top of the port which was quite uncomfortable. That was just over a week ago and I feel no restriction at all, I'm probably eating more than I did before the fill!! I know I've got two or three more to go before I feel any real restriction so I'm hopefully going for my next fill same day as you (finances allowing).

Manchester is really easy to find, right next to the airport. If you have a satnav it's even easier putting the postcode in. What time are you booked in for?

Hi JoJo

Thanks for replying, booked in for 1pm, and you? Just wondered what the office is called, I know it is the Regus business Centre but what is the business I ask for? As my swelling has been going down I have found eating isn't a problem, virtually eat anything as long as it is chewed well, I haven't tried spicy food though, didn't want to push it.

I have read all the advice and following it, now being careful at how many calories I am eating. I know I have to work with this band. Wish they would put a little more in the first fill to get you to your sweet spot, have a feeling mine will be way down the line.

Kerry - glad to see you have done so well on the weight loss - keep going.

HELP

Today I had some potato and 2/3 of a fishcake all mashed down and eaten very slowly however have now got chronic indigestion - have I had too much? All the experienced bandsters say stop when you are full and listen to your band - I thought I had but obviously got something wrong

Also I am taken Lansoprazole daily for Acid but I am still in a lot of pain - and every day I feel like I have a lump at the back of my throat - anyone else have this>

Thanks

Kerry

hi im new to this site just noticed you comented roll on thursday are you getting bannded on friday by dr chris if so i am to and im craping myself regards garry

Hi everyone.. Just a question...someone here had been in Belgium alone for the surgery?? I just want to do it but anyone in here agree with that and i will need to go alone if i decide to do it.. Just want to know if someone had that experience and if i will be able to manage come back to Ireland alone..My hubby just dont agree with that and either his family and all my family is in Brasil(i am brasilian) so hard to me but i really need do that surgery because i am feel horrible and i have back problem so that is one more reason foor lost weight.. Hope someone give me a tip about that..

very happy for see the jorney of a lot of people in here and i hope i will be one of yours here soon.(sorry about my english isnt so good)take care everyone and thanks for everything!!!