Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Freckles - Ok you miserable old fart! (don't believe a word of it) hopefully see you there hun. I'm 5'6, dark curly hair and may well have a dark-ish green coat on.

Garry - Thanks hun, I still have a long way to go, slow and steady. I hear what you are saying about the Soup. After the op I wasn't hungry at all, probably because of the swelling, and could only manage HALF a tin of soup!! I'm guessing that's what restriction feels like?

Wannabe - Just to clarify, when are you planning on setting off home? You are in hospital the night of the operation and until early afternoon the day after, then they like to see you the following day just to check everything is ok. Are you sayig you want to leave Brussels the day after your op? I'd personally say that's too soon (and people reckoned I handled it better than most), but everyone is different. I'd advise going getting the strongest dissolvable co-codamol you can get or equivalent. The paracetamol they give you at the hospital is ok, but I found my co-codamol to be better.

Kerry - somehow I managed to forget you were going this week!! Good luck honey, though I'm positive you won't need it. x

Paul - Update please!! I'm bursting to know how you got on hun. Hope you aren't too sore. x

hi jo jo no i was thinking of doing the 3 day thing the night before the hos,then the hos day then the next day in hotel and then going home does that make sense ? lol:unsure:

Well its official - I am a nervous wreck !!

Finished work today so I can have a nice relaxing day tomorrow before I fly out on Thursday for my operation - just want it over and done with now

Not heard from Paul yet but I am sure he is fine and is well on his way to recovery.

Good luck to everyone going for the op over the coming weeks and I look forward to sharing our experiences over the coming weeks and months

Kerry

Lucky you Kerry being off today, I am in work and my stomach won't stop churning.

Will meet you in the hotel tomorrow night, before you know it this will be a distant memory too.

I wonder how Paul is as well, hopefully we will hear from him soon.

Thanks to everyone for their support on this journey and I hope our experiences will help everyone else in this.

Susan:smile:

Good luck Kerry and Susan, though you wont need it, you will be well cared for.

Jojo, I'll watch out for you, usually when you go to the reception desk and tell her you're there to see frederik she tells you which room to go to, where you wait till freddyboy calls you in. Its never very long, I'm usually in and out in less than 30 minutes, depending on how many patients are there.

I'm not miserable I just have one of those faces where people always say 'cheer up it might never happen' which infuriates me cos i HAVE A NORMALLY MISERABLE FACE LOL, sorry for the caps. Anyway will hang on for you if I dont see you, I'll have to drink the Water anyway before he'll let me go home.

Only 2 more sleeps now until I start the journey to the new me

winkwiggletrish.gif

I WISH

Thanks to everyone for their kinds messages and support - I really appreciate it and will be back on line soon to let you all know how it has gone.

Paul by the time you read this you will have made your journey home and I hope this message finds you fit and well

Take Care

Kerry xx

Good luck Kerry and Susan, though you wont need it, you will be well cared for.

Jojo, I'll watch out for you, usually when you go to the reception desk and tell her you're there to see frederik she tells you which room to go to, where you wait till freddyboy calls you in. Its never very long, I'm usually in and out in less than 30 minutes, depending on how many patients are there.

I'm not miserable I just have one of those faces where people always say 'cheer up it might never happen' which infuriates me cos i HAVE A NORMALLY MISERABLE FACE LOL, sorry for the caps. Anyway will hang on for you if I dont see you, I'll have to drink the Water anyway before he'll let me go home.

Quick question how do I get my ticker onto my messages and why is it if I post a graphic it shows on preview but then disappears??

Just to wish Splatt and Scooby Doo best of luck for there op. I will look forward to hearing all about it on your return.

Looking forward to hearing how Paul got on too.

I'll be following you soon on Monday WOO HOO.

Hi, im booked into having my surgery done with Dr Chris Bruyne on the 6th April. Im little confused about the diet before, should i go on liquid only diet or just low calories diet. If any one can help me I will be grateful.

Hi, im booked into having my surgery done with Dr Chris Bruyne on the 6th April. Im little confused about the diet before, should i go on liquid only diet or just low calories diet. If any one can help me I will be grateful.

Hi

I am going to be using protien shakes for Breakfast and lunch and a small dinner of chicken and green veg. I am starting on that this weekend ready for my op on 26th March.

C x

hi jo jo no i was thinking of doing the 3 day thing the night before the hos,then the hos day then the next day in hotel and then going home does that make sense ? lol:unsure:

Hi guys,sorry about leaving you all wondering. It's official now am a fully qualified

approved bandster. But one thing that made me wonder. Is why didnt anyone warn

me that it was going to feel like I had been kicked in the midriff by a darn mule?

My goodness it's tender. Just on eurostar on uk side so I thought you better know

that I am alive n kicking. Met threes girls there, which was nice to know we were

all in the same boat! Loom forward to lunch of hmmm let me guess ..... Oh yes Soup yippee

hope the girls are all ok. Paul

goodluck to all you lot going to get your bands,and well done to paul,glad your not in too much pain lol:thumbup:

wls do a package now including surgery but they dont use dr debruyne they say he is too expensive the use dr marc focquet at az sint elisabeth hospital have any of you heard of this surgeon ? i still think i will pay for dr debruyne then get aftercare package off them:blink:

Hi guys,sorry about leaving you all wondering. It's official now am a fully qualified

approved bandster. But one thing that made me wonder. Is why didnt anyone warn

me that it was going to feel like I had been kicked in the midriff by a darn mule?

My goodness it's tender. Just on eurostar on uk side so I thought you better know

that I am alive n kicking. Met threes girls there, which was nice to know we were

all in the same boat! Loom forward to lunch of hmmm let me guess ..... Oh yes Soup yippee

hope the girls are all ok. Paul

Hi Paul, Glad to hear it went well and you are now on your way home,and on the way too the new you! How horrendous is the pain? That is what I am dreading the most as I am a wimp. Does the pain control they give you help at all?

Hope you feel better soon.

C x

Morning All, nice to hear from everyone, off soon for my flight and meet with Scoobydoo also. Feeling like I am in a dream at the mo, will feel better once I get to the hotel and meet a few people.

Nice to hear your OK Paul, I was thinking about you. Look forward to that Mule then!

Thank you for your support on this forum and will let you know how I have gone on. Susan

Morning All, nice to hear from everyone, off soon for my flight and meet with Scoobydoo also. Feeling like I am in a dream at the mo, will feel better once I get to the hotel and meet a few people.

Nice to hear your OK Paul, I was thinking about you. Look forward to that Mule then!

Thank you for your support on this forum and will let you know how I have gone on. Susan

Good Luck Susan, and to Kerry too! Will be thinking of you tomorrow, that will be me in 2 weeks! Cant wait to hear all about it.

C x

Glad you're on your way home Paul, and glad its all over for you.

Ya big wimp lol, I think the discomfort must differ from person to person, cos I had the second band implanted which was much the same as the first, another 5 incisions, but some pain in the port area due to my surgeon having to cut the old band out cos it had attatched itself to my muscles....It wasnt so much bad pain as a burning sensation, they gave me Kalpol and it worked ok, I was just so delighted to have had it done, I didnt care what I went through.

I think the rest whilst in hospital is very important, I was operated on at 11am, out of the theatre by 12:30 and stayed in the hospital until lunchtime the next day.

Then as I said we drove from Southampton back to Runcorn.

The journey didnt trouble me at all. Maybe it was the morphene still in my system???