Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

wannabe slinky

thats nice of you to say. If I hadnt had a de-fill in October to go on holiday for 3 weeks, I feel I would now be at my target weight. But the holiday was fantastic so I wouldnt have missed it for the world.

I went for a fill in December and Freddyboy said he couldnt put it all back in, so I have been able to eat pretty much what I wanted, so havent lost anything.

I'll have to insist he puts enough in this time to get me back to where I was before October, though not quite as much cos I was over filled. The thing is I have paid all that money for fills and now I want the band to work properly again, so here's hoping he can get it all back in minus .5mls.

Only a couple of days to go.

Good luck to all the newbies you wont ever regret the choice you have made, it certainly will change your life.

Garry and Bobo you are brilliant you have done so well!!!!

Carrie, I agree we do get carried away with wanting to be slimmer, when sometimes a certain weight is just right for our bodies. You have done so well xxx

I would have to say being at sweetspot is great but i now understand what dr chris said about it helping with your hunger, i could never get my head round this but i am sitting with a mug of Tomato Soup, thats all just a std tin, i am half way through it and having to force myself to eat it as i really am not hungry at all.

G

hi all was looking wee bit of advice we are taking are caravan over to holland in july,boat from belfast to stranraer driving to hull then getting overnight boat to holland for 10 days in duinrell but hubby says if i want we could then go to a site an hour away from hospital and i could go for the last three days and stay in hos get my band done then travel home do u think i would be fit for trip back after days rest in hos im excited cause its closer than waiting for oct lol:thumbup:

wannabe slinky

thats nice of you to say. If I hadnt had a de-fill in October to go on holiday for 3 weeks, I feel I would now be at my target weight. But the holiday was fantastic so I wouldnt have missed it for the world.

I went for a fill in December and Freddyboy said he couldnt put it all back in, so I have been able to eat pretty much what I wanted, so havent lost anything.

I'll have to insist he puts enough in this time to get me back to where I was before October, though not quite as much cos I was over filled. The thing is I have paid all that money for fills and now I want the band to work properly again, so here's hoping he can get it all back in minus .5mls.

Only a couple of days to go.

Good luck to all the newbies you wont ever regret the choice you have made, it certainly will change your life.

Garry and Bobo you are brilliant you have done so well!!!!

Carrie, I agree we do get carried away with wanting to be slimmer, when sometimes a certain weight is just right for our bodies. You have done so well xxx

Hi Freckles, Bobo,Garry thankyou for your kind words your all doing really well, dont worry freckles you soon be back on track make sure you get a good fill all tho be carefull you dont want to be to tight, i had a great little trip to Brussells to see Dr Chris he was very pleased had a check up Xray and a fill 0.5mil all for only €50,it was very easy to get to hes house, my appointment was'nt till 5pm we arrived in Brussels at 9.30am we went to the information desk ladie was very helpfull she told us to go down stairs to the train station so we could get train into city center only took about 20 mins, when we where coming back we got the train to vilverdee train station then got a taxi to Dr Chris €15 Dr Chris rang a taxi for us it was €20 to the airport, the City was lovely not to metion Belgium choc shops & bakery's shopping was very good, i feel very tight at the mo so should kick start weight again, i know how you feel Garry about the Soup had mushroom soup for lunch had to leave half of it its mad what half a mil can do :thumbup::smile:

hi all was looking wee bit of advice we are taking are caravan over to holland in july,boat from belfast to stranraer driving to hull then getting overnight boat to holland for 10 days in duinrell but hubby says if i want we could then go to a site an hour away from hospital and i could go for the last three days and stay in hos get my band done then travel home do u think i would be fit for trip back after days rest in hos im excited cause its closer than waiting for oct lol:thumbup:

Hi Slinky, all i can say to you i was very weak and a bit sore even going through airport and security was hard, i managed it but could'nt wait till i got home to my own bed,i would'nt if i was you but we are all differant :thumbup::smile:

Thanx Shoes for your kind words xx

Slinky, like Shoes says we are all different. I was re-banded in Southampton and after a day in hospital we drove home to the North West, it took about 4 to 5 hours, and I felt good, I think maybe standing around in airports is not ideal after surgery but sitting in your own car being driven home may be easier. You could always stop and have a nap in the caravan if you need it. I think its sounds like a good idea.

see what others think, but then it will depend on how long the drive will be, would you be able to lie down in the back of the car if need be?

best of luck to all you guys going this week, you will be fine, one piece of advise is be patient and you will get there, everyone who had done fantastic with there band has taken them time so stick with it and before long you wil be looking back on this week with a smile on your face and a fr smaller tummy.

I love my band right now, i have my perfect sweetspot, i can eat things but a tiny ammount, and have lost nearly a stone in 10 days wooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooo.

g

Well done!!! You and others on here have been such an inspiration Garry. It has been very interesting reading through hundreds of pages of updates and picking up all the tips and advise when making the decision to start my journey.

My Deposit has been paid, my flights are booked, had my last steak dinner tonight as pre op diet starts on Thursday, I'm counting down the days.

Anyone heard from Paul - PuddleJumper?

C x

Well its official - I am a nervous wreck !!

Finished work today so I can have a nice relaxing day tomorrow before I fly out on Thursday for my operation - just want it over and done with now

Not heard from Paul yet but I am sure he is fine and is well on his way to recovery.

Good luck to everyone going for the op over the coming weeks and I look forward to sharing our experiences over the coming weeks and months

Kerry

Well its official - I am a nervous wreck !!

Finished work today so I can have a nice relaxing day tomorrow before I fly out on Thursday for my operation - just want it over and done with now

Not heard from Paul yet but I am sure he is fine and is well on his way to recovery.

Good luck to everyone going for the op over the coming weeks and I look forward to sharing our experiences over the coming weeks and months

Kerry

Good Luck Kerry, safe journey and hope all goes well! Can't wait to see your's and Paul's updates.

Best Wishes

Chrissie x

mmmm hard one, id say its a bit much going by the length of time itl take but it would mean u get it quicker.

Go for it.

g

thanks for all your kind words,the only good thing is were driving for about 3 hours then getting overnight boat to hull so i can sleep on it too then next day driving from hull to stranraer for boat to belfast, i will just have to drug myself lots lol,its just a nice though i will have lost weight by christmas this year rather than next xx:wink2:

the only prob is im real phobic of needles do ya think if i pay extra they will give me gas and air to calm me down lol it's the only thing that works on me,the last time i had surgery the doc looked at me shaking on the bed and gave it too me he he:huh2:

Freckles - Ok you miserable old fart! (don't believe a word of it) hopefully see you there hun. I'm 5'6, dark curly hair and may well have a dark-ish green coat on.

Garry - Thanks hun, I still have a long way to go, slow and steady. I hear what you are saying about the Soup. After the op I wasn't hungry at all, probably because of the swelling, and could only manage HALF a tin of soup!! I'm guessing that's what restriction feels like?

Wannabe - Just to clarify, when are you planning on setting off home? You are in hospital the night of the operation and until early afternoon the day after, then they like to see you the following day just to check everything is ok. Are you sayig you want to leave Brussels the day after your op? I'd personally say that's too soon (and people reckoned I handled it better than most), but everyone is different. I'd advise going getting the strongest dissolvable co-codamol you can get or equivalent. The paracetamol they give you at the hospital is ok, but I found my co-codamol to be better.

Kerry - somehow I managed to forget you were going this week!! Good luck honey, though I'm positive you won't need it. x

Paul - Update please!! I'm bursting to know how you got on hun. Hope you aren't too sore. x

Hi everyone...still very curious to know about Paul... wish all the best an good lucky for the ones will be in the surgery this next days.cant wait to hear about the news when they are back.I am very happy today because my Hubby just decide to start look about the surgery and before he really didnt want me to do it..so that mean i am more close to have my surgery because he will pay for it.just need a yes and will put a day to go to belgium.

Ahh another question someone in here knows what the kind of tests they do on us in the hospital in the day of the surgery?? I mean is quiet danger have a anestesy without lots of tests before.. Just start be scared of the surgery ready... Thanks

Juliana