Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi JoJo

Thanks for replying, booked in for 1pm, and you? Just wondered what the office is called, I know it is the Regus business Centre but what is the business I ask for? As my swelling has been going down I have found eating isn't a problem, virtually eat anything as long as it is chewed well, I haven't tried spicy food though, didn't want to push it.

I have read all the advice and following it, now being careful at how many calories I am eating. I know I have to work with this band. Wish they would put a little more in the first fill to get you to your sweet spot, have a feeling mine will be way down the line.

Kerry - glad to see you have done so well on the weight loss - keep going.

I haven't booked yet, I'm going to see what my finances are like closer to the time. The actual office building is called Regus and you just go to the reception and tell them you are there to see Frederik. They know who he is and tell you where to go. I'm guessing he doesn't get the same rooms each time or I would give you directions to the room he was in last time. He seems to do most of his appointments in the early to mid afternoon so I may well see you there. :o

Thanks for replying back. I may sound silly but is it a standard procedures that every one has to have injection after the surgery, or for people who may have problems with blood clotting. Im hoping i can get out of it

lol.

Sorry Jasmine, everybody has to do the injections, but really don't worry, they are painless and easy to do. One of the nurses in the hospital will show you how when she does your first one for you.

hi im new to this site just noticed you comented roll on thursday are you getting bannded on friday by dr chris if so i am to and im craping myself regards garry

Hi Gaz

Just wanted to wish you luck for Thursday - you will be fine

Everyone on here has gone through all the same turmoil you are facing just now but everyone will tell you the same thing - you have nothing to worry about and it will be the best decision you have ever made

Good luck and if you have any questions then please ask

Kerry

Hi everyone.. Just a question...someone here had been in Belgium alone for the surgery?? I just want to do it but anyone in here agree with that and i will need to go alone if i decide to do it.. Just want to know if someone had that experience and if i will be able to manage come back to Ireland alone..My hubby just dont agree with that and either his family and all my family is in Brasil(i am brasilian) so hard to me but i really need do that surgery because i am feel horrible and i have back problem so that is one more reason foor lost weight.. Hope someone give me a tip about that..

very happy for see the jorney of a lot of people in here and i hope i will be one of yours here soon.(sorry about my english isnt so good)take care everyone and thanks for everything!!!

Hi July

Personally I would not have managed on my own - I think you need a companion to keep your spirits high, take your mind off things and also help carry the bags and stuff

Remember you are going to be away 4 days which is a long time to be on your own - having someone to keep you company will help

Kerry x

Hi July

Personally I would not have managed on my own - I think you need a companion to keep your spirits high, take your mind off things and also help carry the bags and stuff

Remember you are going to be away 4 days which is a long time to be on your own - having someone to keep you company will help

Kerry x

Hi scooby doo... yes i think you are right..But the situation in here isnt so good.. everyone who knows about my idea to make that surgery just start look for me with different eyes...Like i am some mental person and the only way i see for me now is go alone.wish i have the same lucky a lot of people in this site had to have someone to help in that jorney but isnt my case, i am completely alone in here and now more then ever. Need to find a way to do it..

Thanks for your help and i am with my fingers cross for you in this new jorney...take care God bless you..Juliana :confused:

Good luck Gaz and anyone else making the journey this week.

Well done to all of you who have had the surgery you all sound like your doing great which is such encouragement to us non bandsters.

Transferred my deposit today so hopefully get confirmation of surgery date real soon. :confused:

hi im new to this site just noticed you comented roll on thursday are you getting bannded on friday by dr chris if so i am to and im craping myself regards garry

Hi Gaz

Yes indeedy on Friday I will be a fully qualified bandster! Feeling excited today, but was quite nervous and emotional yesterday, but I am told this is normal! :confused:

Is there anyone else out there being banded on Friday?

Good luck to anyone else being done this week.

C x

HELP

Today I had some potato and 2/3 of a fishcake all mashed down and eaten very slowly however have now got chronic indigestion - have I had too much? All the experienced bandsters say stop when you are full and listen to your band - I thought I had but obviously got something wrong

Also I am taken Lansoprazole daily for Acid but I am still in a lot of pain - and every day I feel like I have a lump at the back of my throat - anyone else have this>

Thanks

Kerry

Hi Scooby doo, I had this feeling in my throat at the being still get it from time to time this is an indication that you have eating to much or to quickly you might feel that you can eat a bit more but be very carefull not to over do it some people say stop when you start to feel full but with me i got an uncomfortable feeling in my throat not a full feeling, if you push it to much you will gt stuck its all a learning curve im still learning a year down the line just have to listen to your band,I was with Dr Chris 2weeks ago for my yearly check up he was very pleased and asked me if i needed another fill i should have listened to my own instincts i was fine had good restriction at 6mils OMG i couldn't eat anything could barley drink Water the pain in my chest i thought i was having a heart attack very scary never want that to happen again to cut a long story short i had to get an emergency defil from a nurse in Dublin she was great i felt much better as soon as she took some out so just a word to the wise you have to really listen to what your band is telling you hope this is of some help :confused::smile:

well done shoes how much weight have you lost in the last year are you nearly at your target thanks mandy:thumbup:

Hi all just wondered is any one getting banded on Tuesday 30th March with Dr Chris in Belgium would be nice to know someone else will be there going through the same.

well done shoes how much weight have you lost in the last year are you nearly at your target thanks mandy:thumbup:

Hi Wannabe Slinky,

thank you i have lost 8 stone just over a year very happy i would like to get down to 10 stone i am 10.10 at the mo size 14 to 16 im addicted to Penny's also known as primark clothes so cheap, i have no regrets only my own stupidity about getting another fill when i didn't need it i was fine the way i was but never mind its all a learning curve its just frustrating i have to wait for a another month not to mention the money before i can get a fill, i can eat a lot more now then i was able to eat and starting to get hungry so have to rely on the old will power its through what they say about getting the fills a little at a time because its not very nice getting over fill,i know i would never of got this far without the band a lesson to be told when you have good restriction enough that you can eat small portions of healthy food and be carefully with the goody's they go down so easy even with good restriction, the band is not much good if its so tight you can only eat soft food like choc ice cream & puddings you need to have good nutrition to give you energy, i was at this point that i could eat small amounts of good food until i got another fill was only able to have ice cream not good, have you booked your surgery with Dr Chris :confused:

Hi to all the oldies and newbies and to all who have booked surgery sorry to be so frank but i think its best to be truthful and this is just my experience i have had know complications up to now and the over fill was my mistake put down to experience it might stop someone out there making the same mistake :redface:

Sorry Jasmine, everybody has to do the injections, but really don't worry, they are painless and easy to do. One of the nurses in the hospital will show you how when she does your first one for you.

hi Jo

long time no speak i came back on gettin nervous about op now lol only just over 3 weeks too go so gotta start pre op diet soon, and as i said nerves are kicking in, well done so far ur doing great, hope alls well with u and all the new bandsters i'll be joining u all soon unless i chicken out before then lol

Julie x

thanx for all your words of encouragment from all of you

Hi Scooby doo, I had this feeling in my throat at the being still get it from time to time this is an indication that you have eating to much or to quickly you might feel that you can eat a bit more but be very carefull not to over do it some people say stop when you start to feel full but with me i got an uncomfortable feeling in my throat not a full feeling, if you push it to much you will gt stuck its all a learning curve im still learning a year down the line just have to listen to your band,I was with Dr Chris 2weeks ago for my yearly check up he was very pleased and asked me if i needed another fill i should have listened to my own instincts i was fine had good restriction at 6mils OMG i couldn't eat anything could barley drink Water the pain in my chest i thought i was having a heart attack very scary never want that to happen again to cut a long story short i had to get an emergency defil from a nurse in Dublin she was great i felt much better as soon as she took some out so just a word to the wise you have to really listen to what your band is telling you hope this is of some help :smile::smile:

Hi Shoes

Thanks for getting in touch, I have still got the pain and the strange lump even though I m taking my medication. Today only had a small pot of custard, cup a Soup and bowl of mince in gravy with potato, carrot and turnip so have not ate loads and loads

Tomorrow I am going to try and have a day of liquids only and try and get rid of this horrible feeling in my throat.

I am planning on going for my first fill at end of April and will heed you advice carefully.

Can I ask how did your weight loss work - was it a slow start and then more rapid once you started to get fills or what?

Struggling with the eating slowly too I think - so used to eating on the go but I suppose I will need to make a real effort on this front

Thanks

Kerry

Hi Wannabe Slinky,

thank you i have lost 8 stone just over a year very happy i would like to get down to 10 stone i am 10.10 at the mo size 14 to 16 im addicted to Penny's also known as primark clothes so cheap, i have no regrets only my own stupidity about getting another fill when i didn't need it i was fine the way i was but never mind its all a learning curve its just frustrating i have to wait for a another month not to mention the money before i can get a fill, i can eat a lot more now then i was able to eat and starting to get hungry so have to rely on the old will power its through what they say about getting the fills a little at a time because its not very nice getting over fill,i know i would never of got this far without the band a lesson to be told when you have good restriction enough that you can eat small portions of healthy food and be carefully with the goody's they go down so easy even with good restriction, the band is not much good if its so tight you can only eat soft food like choc ice cream & puddings you need to have good nutrition to give you energy, i was at this point that i could eat small amounts of good food until i got another fill was only able to have ice cream not good, have you booked your surgery with Dr Chris :smile:

Hi to all the oldies and newbies and to all who have booked surgery sorry to be so frank but i think its best to be truthful and this is just my experience i have had know complications up to now and the over fill was my mistake put down to experience it might stop someone out there making the same mistake :thumbup:

shoes that is fantastic well done,i not getting banded till july cause im on holiday in holland so im gonna pop across to belgium that way no one will know in the family what i have done cause they would talk me out of it and prob want to buy a cow or sheep lol,cant wait my weight is going up week by week im so fed up of being overweight i wont go out without a coat on so looking forward to it:blush: