Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Thanks wishfull, hope you are doing well too. Seems like ages since we were in Belgium doesn't it? Can't be sure yet but have just had a bit of Soup after getting home from fill and just the bit I had seemed to fill me up, might just be a bit of swelling tho? Going to try and make some time for some regular walking like you. I fancy going up to Scotland bit later in the year and visiting Edinburgh cos it looks a really interesting place and then go on somewhere after that which has some nice walks - not as long and professional as you do tho. Bigsister x

It does seem a lot longer than what it is, I dont feel any different after this fill, it does make me wonder if i did get the 2ml like he said!!! i still cant eat bread at all. Im walking a lot quicker than what i was, dave has to keep asking me to slow down lol. We are going the lakes in may for a week of walking and we will be going to scotland later in the year.. it is really lovely up there, we went in may last year.

Thanks guys for your messages!

I know this is gonna be a long struggle but the battle has commenced!!

I think I will get some Nurofen melts, I was thinking we had to have paracetamol. I may try and go for a little walk later. My husband doesn't go back to work until 2 weeks on Friday so he is doing pretty much everything! Yay!! I will phone him if I get stuck in the village and can't make it home!! :wub:

I think one of the most uncomfortable things about the surgery was when they took the drain out - didn't like that!! :lunch:

Well I have done my on line shop consisting of lots of juices, smoothies, Soups etc and I have told my hubby I am not cooking for a week as I will probably forget and have a little taste!

Flirtylass - I looked at you photos on FB - they are lovely. You should be vvvvvvvvery pleased!

Wishful - I will be hoping I don't get the trapped wind! I am windy enough as it is!! :w00t:

Bigsis - have a nice night. A liquid supper of White Russians sounds just the job :lol: !

Ah bigsister i cant believe no one turned up... We should seriously try to meet up be a laugh... Well i have 6.75mls in the band i cant get a straight answer but i think the max is between 7and 9 mls so im hoping the next fill does something for me il be goin for my fill first thursday in april... but god its mad that ur banded 8wks it doesnt seem that long ago and well done on ur loss so far im going up and down like a yoyo at the min im really struggling at the min

Hi again Flirty. Yes, me and gillian were told the bands we had in had a capacity of 7-9mls max. Wendy at WLS reckons we will probably have the restriction when we get to 4.5 mls (got 4 in now) but will have to wait and see, you have got 50% more than that and not feeling it! Hope you get some help with it soon so that it's not so hard work for you. Are you still going on the treadmill at home? Anyway, what you doing sat at the pc - shouldn't you be out drinking gallons of Guinness on St Patricks day? My best friend is originally from Galway and she will be out doing her bit, so don't let the side down! Bigsister x

I dont know what to believe about my band.. my 1st fill i was told i had a 7ml band, my 2nd fill i was told i had a 9ml band.. next month i'll probably be told iv got something like a 14ml (thats if they do them) lol. Sammy im 8 wks post op and i get more wind now iv got the band than iv ever had.. its either because of all the veg i eat or because im eating to quick, i havnt decided which yet lol x

Hi mmm!..not been on for few days, had technical probs!..your right about the blue stitch holding drain in, and i think if its tight they may have to just snip it out to get drain out, so maybe thats why some didnt have them to be removed..it was nothing anyway..didnt feel a thing shoes. also, shoes, look at my turkey dinosaur incident prob around 23rd jan?!..i thought i was dying!.mmm when i went for my first fill she only put me 2ml in as i had a bit of restriction and couldnt tolerate bread, rice,potatoes..but after my post fill liquid diet...i could eat anything everything and lots of it!..it shoed that i had now totally healed from the op, so it must show that you are a good healer!..i had another fill few hours ago, and she put me another 2ml in..but obviously i wont know if or how much restriction i will have till im back on solids (liquid 3 days and mushy 3 days) i did manage to lose 4lb they said tho, but i think there scales were weighing light at this venue cos i reckon i have only lost 2lb since i went 2 weeks ago. anyway, im having another fill 2 weeks today, and she says what she puts me in then should take me to about the right restriction i will need .then just go once a month for weighing,advice and fine tuning fills. so lets hope! x

I dont know what to believe about my band.. my 1st fill i was told i had a 7ml band, my 2nd fill i was told i had a 9ml band.. next month i'll probably be told iv got something like a 14ml (thats if they do them) lol. Sammy im 8 wks post op and i get more wind now iv got the band than iv ever had.. its either because of all the veg i eat or because im eating to quick, i havnt decided which yet lol x

Hi wishful, we were told we had a 10 ml band in which had a capacity of 7-9 mls so think it's highly likely you have got the same as us - a Heliogast Hage (evolution). Bigsister x

Hi wishful, we were told we had a 10 ml band in which had a capacity of 7-9 mls so think it's highly likely you have got the same as us - a Heliogast Hage (evolution). Bigsister x

when i said this to frederik at the time of my 1st fill he said it was a 7ml band and i should get good restriction around 5 1/2ml.. i dont think he know's himself 1/2 the time. I'll just plod along till i get to a good restriction.. but i do feel more hungry and feel i could eat a scabby cat, i'll try and carry on the way i have an be good and try not to cheat.. i'll only be cheating myself if i do x

Thanks guys for your messages!

I know this is gonna be a long struggle but the battle has commenced!!

I think I will get some Nurofen melts, I was thinking we had to have paracetamol. I may try and go for a little walk later. My husband doesn't go back to work until 2 weeks on Friday so he is doing pretty much everything! Yay!! I will phone him if I get stuck in the village and can't make it home!! :wub:

I think one of the most uncomfortable things about the surgery was when they took the drain out - didn't like that!! :lunch:

Well I have done my on line shop consisting of lots of juices, smoothies, Soups etc and I have told my hubby I am not cooking for a week as I will probably forget and have a little taste!

Flirtylass - I looked at you photos on FB - they are lovely. You should be vvvvvvvvery pleased!

Wishful - I will be hoping I don't get the trapped wind! I am windy enough as it is!! :w00t:

Bigsis - have a nice night. A liquid supper of White Russians sounds just the job :lol: !

sammy,sorry i havent welcomed you back yet, not been on forum for a few days..glad everything went well and i have dropped all my baby boys from heights like that(not on purpose..honestly!) you feel so bad, but they are all ok! they certainly forget it before you do! like you i thought the drain removal was not nice, its not so much the pain but the wierd sort of sensation that goes with it..I screamed! the others say theres was fine, so maybe ours were in tight? well, after todays fill im joining you back on liquids and Soups for few days!..hopefully it will kickstart me again!.x

FATPANTS!...youll be done by now!!..sorry i didnt get back on forum in time to wish you well..but thinking of you and hoping you have a good experience..i know your in good hands..and i know youll be back on here in next couple of days to tell us all about it!..welcome to us losers now!:smile2:x

wishfull and flirtylass...hope your both doing great?! this might help you with your band size...on your band "instruction booklet" (the white one with heliogast on it) there is a sticker with a barcode on it...if it says HAGA..you have the large heliogast advance band in that is a 15ml band which takes a fill of 12-14ml i believe.. or if it says HAGE it is a heliogast evolution band which is a 10ml band which takes 7-9ml max. me and bigsister have the HAGE one, i was told by my fill nurse they are excellent bands, so pleased about that.. and although my fill nurse is independent, she has yet to meet chris she says, but seems to be very happy with chris's surgery, which is nice to know..as we are also! PS, i was playing with a heliogast evolution band in wendys room today, its smaller than i thought! x

when i said this to frederik at the time of my 1st fill he said it was a 7ml band and i should get good restriction around 5 1/2ml.. i dont think he know's himself 1/2 the time. I'll just plod along till i get to a good restriction.. but i do feel more hungry and feel i could eat a scabby cat, i'll try and carry on the way i have an be good and try not to cheat.. i'll only be cheating myself if i do x

hey wishfull!...you must have got good restriction then, cos i could eat a scabby donkey, then go back for his dad! let alone a cat (might have that for a snack at supper!)and i felt same as you after fill, like i could eat more..hope i get there soon..we have got to!

Hi gillian my booklet says heliogast ref hage if that helps. Hope your fill does some good for you.. mine doesnt seem to of made any difference this time,it just feels like it was before i went for my 2nd fill, yet after my 1st fill i felt i had a lot of restriction x

Hi vanessa, next fill appointment in manchester is the 6th april, im booked in 4 2.30 so if u book in around the same time we can meet up. I just tried a piece of bread an it nearly killed me lol x

hi.. well, its official..i can eat fresh bread, walnut bread and granary bread..it all goes down really well!!!!..

I'll book my place for the sixth.. will let you know if i get in...:lunch:

sammy,sorry i havent welcomed you back yet, not been on forum for a few days..glad everything went well and i have dropped all my baby boys from heights like that(not on purpose..honestly!) you feel so bad, but they are all ok! they certainly forget it before you do! like you i thought the drain removal was not nice, its not so much the pain but the wierd sort of sensation that goes with it..I screamed! the others say theres was fine, so maybe ours were in tight? well, after todays fill im joining you back on liquids and Soups for few days!..hopefully it will kickstart me again!.x

I am glad it wasn't me who dropped the baby anyway!! Maybe it was a sneaky plan by my husband for me not to trust him alone with the baby again!! :lunch:

I've just been laughing at your turkey dinosaur incident again and it hurts to laugh! Ouccccccccccchhh! My husband was trying to make me laugh before the rotter!!

Glad you are getting your fills sorted. How often can you have them done with WLS? Is it as hard to get an appointment? Sounds like they are very good anyway.