Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi every1, Can any 1 help with a bit of info, I am hopeing to book my op over the weekend, Has any of you flown from manchester, which airline did you book with, did any1 book over the weekend, and does any1 know who flys bk on sunday x:thumbup:

Hi Mandy. Me, gillian and wishfull all went with Ryanair from Manchester - flying out on the Thursday, op on Friday and flying back early on Sunday morning. Although it was cheap flights, you fly into Charleroi airport which is about an hour away from the hotel/hospital which isn't too bad on the flight out but was hard on the return journey when you're not particularly feeling your best and it's a very early start from the hotel for the flight at about 7am (check in around 5am). On reflection, unless money is really an issue, I would have rather paid more with another airline and gone to Brussells airport which is only 10 mins away. Hope this helps, bigsister x

Thanks mooster, just booked my flights, pre booked my op. Am now really excited. I am really haveing the op, cant believe it is all happening, you all now that i am now going to mither every1 even more xx

:scared2::blush:

Hi Wishful, I was booked in for 11am, but then again so was the girl sat next to me! I got in about 11:15 and out for 11:30.It was quite busy when I came out with 4 or 5 people waiting including a woman who was so slender she looked like a model! She said she had a band and had lost 3 stone, but she can't have been very big before-hand as she was really slim!!! Not sure if I'm going next month or not as Frederick said that 7ml might be enough but I can't see it some-how! Up to now, I've been going every 2 months, to give it time to settle between fills......Anyway, I will see how much restriction I have over the week-end, and then decide.

Take care, Kath.x.:crying:

I will be going again next month cos i cant go in may, i feel hungry this time after my fill, last month i didnt so for this reason i think he has taken my fill out not put some in lol x

:scared2: Hopefully booked for Friday 8th May, that was the first friday that was avaibale, Booked the flights so hopefully will get the op on the friday. 8 weeks 2day x:biggrin:

Hi Mandy, I'm really excited for you, it wont be long now, once you,ve sent off your deposit and sorted your flights it will be on top of you in no time. I take it you've choosen the direct booking option, all you need to do is inform Fred of your flight numbers and times. I did it when I sent my deposit off. Are you taking anyone with you to help on the return journey?

Hi mandy glad to hear you have booked a date, it will be here before you know it, and it gives you chance to buy everything you are going to need for your journey x

Hi fatpants In case i dont get chance to post before you go i hope everything goes well for you next week, we will all be thinking of you and sending best wishes.. make sure you get plenty of rest after your op as it will help you with your recovery x GOODLUCK X

GoodMorningFlower.gif

Good luck Fatpants, though I know you'll be fine hunny, will be thinking of you.

Mandy great news chick, the time will fly by, once its booked that always happens.

Big sis please make sure there's plenty of madras, pappadoms and mango chutney and I'll be sorted...tell you what I wish I was coming and could shovel that lot down, I would be in heaven.

No wait...thats why I had to have the band in the first place... duh!!!

Next saturday is the surprise party for my baby daughter who goes to Australia for 12 months with her young man.

God I am going to miss her so much, she's my best friend.

She has changed roles with my eldest daughter who now has a life after losing 8 stone, going to uni and meeting a new man, and is now pregnant.

She still has her band, but has a lot of acid reflux (since before the pregnancy) and she seems to still be losing weight.

Hello Ladies,

hope you are all well.....my op is booked for the 21st April.........anyone going out around that time? x

Hi all,

Hope everyone,s well. Good luck fatpants for next week, thinking of you, MMM, yes booked direct, felt happer doing it that way, Booked the wrong airport though, lol, think me and hubby got over excited last nite with the thought of having the op, lol, will be taking hubby with me, he says he needs a weekend away !!! with all the stress I have been giving to him. He has been a star and has really suported me through all this. He is the best.

I will now be mithering and going on about what I have to do to get ready for my op, there is no let down for you guys.

Thanks again to all of you for your help and advise

hi guys how you all doing? god you lot can talk not logged on for about 2 weeks and you have gone about 35 pages lol. Anyway gillian, big sister how you doing with your weight loss??? have you had any fills yet? love to you all tanya

Hi everyone,

I am now preparing for my trip. Went to town to get my Euro's, what a crap rate, I should have got them 6 weeks ago when I booked my op, I thought I'd be clever and wait for a better rate, it cost me £200 more by waiting!

This morning I had a cookathon! I made loads of food for my husband and the 5 kids, 2 lamb balti, 3 mince and tatties, 2 fish pies, sweet & sour chicken, chicken tonight thing (homemade though), I printed up labels with contents defrosting instructions, cooking instructions, and what he needs or can cook to go with it. who thinks I,m on a guilt trip? Tomorrow I just need to pack my bag and chill out with the family! My 10 yo daughter asked me if I was getting nervous, today I am not, but yeasterday counting out the money before going to change it in to euros I suddenly had a panic attack and had to get my husband to sit with me and discuss everything! I don't think I am nervous about the operation, I think I am nervous about spending all that money .........what if it doesn't work, or the band gets a hole..... does it cost the same to get it sorted? That is my panick, that's what makes me nervous!

Take care all of you and thanks for all your wishes and thoughts.

Fatpants