Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

hiya... how are you??.. well, I seem to have a little more restriction but I can still eat bread... did you get that Frederick??... I can still eat bread... any idea when clinic is next month??

Hi vanessa, next fill appointment in manchester is the 6th april, im booked in 4 2.30 so if u book in around the same time we can meet up. I just tried a piece of bread an it nearly killed me lol x

Hi all, hope everyone is fine and well,

Only 8 weeks to go for me, am all excited.

Only 6 weeks before my pre op diet.

Hopefully will be slimmer for exmas. :)

So how was the curry in gillians sat nite hope i didnt miss a good party and garry hope they didnt take advantage of u lol

Hi there peeps - I'm home!!

We got back late this afternoon, I feel asleep on the sofa and have just woken up!

Well, I am OK, far better than I thought actually but feeling a bit stiff after being in the car for 6 hours.

I had my op about 1145am on Friday. I still have some pain in my upper abdomen but it's not awful. I do have the diarrhea still from the barium meal!! A windy girl!! I didn't have any of the shoulder pain or anything which was good. The area on my arm just past my wrist is sore and has a lump where the central line was located.

I found the whole procedure very slick. Everything was done in the timescales they said, the nurses were VERY helpful (especially Annelais and Ellen) and Dr Chris/Frederik were very charming/helpful. If I had to pick at anything I felt the late afternoon and evening after the op to be a bit oppressive as the room had not TV and there was just 1 other Flemish lady in there who'd had another kind of op. I would recommend taking an ipod or something - I just didn't think to take mine! My husband and baby did pop by a couple of times for an hour but I was too sedated to chat much but couldn't sleep!

Talknig of husbands and babies - they ended up in A&E Saturday afternoon! Hubby was changing the babies nappy in the maternity ward, bent down to get a nappy and he fell off the table (baby not husband!!). I don't know who was more upset - my husband or the baby! Anyway both are OK now, no lasting damage!! But my husband is on baby duty for the next 2 weeks so I had better keep my eye on him!

We had a lovely time in Bruges/Brussels beforehand but god lord it was hard to stay away from the chocolate and waffles! I did have one waffle with cream and ice cream and OMG it was to die for!! I had a last supper - a double McDonald's meal in the centre of Brussels! (It was 3pm had I hadn't eaten a scrap all day so please forgive me!)

Did anyone find any decent tasting painkillers to take? Been using Calpol 6+ but heaving as so sickly!

Anyway - how is everyone else? Will try and read some of the threads but just in case pls update me!

I will write some more tomorrow when I will hopefully be less windy!! LOL!!

Hi sammy, im glad everything went well for you and your safe and sound.. i didnt get the trapped wind in my shoulder for nearly a week after my op so theres still time lol (sorry). for the pain i took nurofen melts and i still use them if i need a painkiller for anything, they taste ok and do help with the pain so i would definitely get some to try. Poor baby, i hope he is better and poor hubby, bet he felt really bad.. but we all learn from our mistakes and im sure he wont be doing that again. Ur now on the losers side of the band and im sure it wont be long and you will be posting good weight loss news x

Ah thanks wishfull i have alot more to go up but as u prob guessed i didnt meet the man i was ment too i got drunk and forgot lol my face looks so chubby in the pics not impressed haha but had a ball headin down the country now soon to drown my shamrock lol

Hey sammy great to hear ur back and everything went ok bet ur so glad to have it over u the good times are just about to start now wait till u start losing you'l be thrilled... Sorry to hear bout the wee mishap with the baby but glad to hear he's ok ur poor hubby must of got a awful fright...

So how was the curry in gillians sat nite hope i didnt miss a good party and garry hope they didnt take advantage of u lol

Hi Flirtylass. Can you believe, no-one turned up on Saturday? How rude! We had to eat all the curries ourselves, we were gutted! Glad you enjoyed your weekend.

Been for another fill this morning. Had lost 5lbs since first fill 2 weeks ago, so well pleased with that, 1st 9lbs total now lost since surgery 8 weeks ago. Have had another 2 mls put in and Wendy reckons it may just need a further 0.5 ml to get to 'a good place' with restriction and can have that done in either another 2 weeks in Leeds or 4 weeks in Sheffield. You going for another fill any time soon - are you anywhere near the maximum allowed in your band yet? Bigsister x

Hi there peeps - I'm home!!

We got back late this afternoon, I feel asleep on the sofa and have just woken up!

Well, I am OK, far better than I thought actually but feeling a bit stiff after being in the car for 6 hours.

I had my op about 1145am on Friday. I still have some pain in my upper abdomen but it's not awful. I do have the diarrhea still from the barium meal!! A windy girl!! I didn't have any of the shoulder pain or anything which was good. The area on my arm just past my wrist is sore and has a lump where the central line was located.

I found the whole procedure very slick. Everything was done in the timescales they said, the nurses were VERY helpful (especially Annelais and Ellen) and Dr Chris/Frederik were very charming/helpful. If I had to pick at anything I felt the late afternoon and evening after the op to be a bit oppressive as the room had not TV and there was just 1 other Flemish lady in there who'd had another kind of op. I would recommend taking an ipod or something - I just didn't think to take mine! My husband and baby did pop by a couple of times for an hour but I was too sedated to chat much but couldn't sleep!

Talknig of husbands and babies - they ended up in A&E Saturday afternoon! Hubby was changing the babies nappy in the maternity ward, bent down to get a nappy and he fell off the table (baby not husband!!). I don't know who was more upset - my husband or the baby! Anyway both are OK now, no lasting damage!! But my husband is on baby duty for the next 2 weeks so I had better keep my eye on him!

We had a lovely time in Bruges/Brussels beforehand but god lord it was hard to stay away from the chocolate and waffles! I did have one waffle with cream and ice cream and OMG it was to die for!! I had a last supper - a double McDonald's meal in the centre of Brussels! (It was 3pm had I hadn't eaten a scrap all day so please forgive me!)

Did anyone find any decent tasting painkillers to take? Been using Calpol 6+ but heaving as so sickly!

Anyway - how is everyone else? Will try and read some of the threads but just in case pls update me!

I will write some more tomorrow when I will hopefully be less windy!! LOL!!

Hi Sammy/Windygirl! Pleased to have you back with us and that you seem to have done well with your recovery so far. I can't really advise on painkillers cos I didn't really have any once I got home, only 1 lot of Nurofen Melts I think just after leaving hospital but didn't need any after that. Glad you had your Macdonalds meal and waffles etc before your surgery, I indulged myself with what I wanted before but didn't go mad and did make low fat choices so don't feel guilty about it. Make sure you rest as much as possible for about a week as you will feel the benefit and recover better and quicker - if you can stop yourself hovering over the baby dropper!

Going out with friends from work tonight, don't know how I'm going to avoid going for something to eat - need to be on fluids only for 3 days after the fill today so guess I will just have to have my fill of 'essential fluids' (White Russians) at the cocktail bar beforehand and then excuse myself before they go for the usual curry. Take care, bigsister x

Ah bigsister i cant believe no one turned up... We should seriously try to meet up be a laugh... Well i have 6.75mls in the band i cant get a straight answer but i think the max is between 7and 9 mls so im hoping the next fill does something for me il be goin for my fill first thursday in april... but god its mad that ur banded 8wks it doesnt seem that long ago and well done on ur loss so far im going up and down like a yoyo at the min im really struggling at the min

Hi bigsister well done on your weight loss, you are doing well x

Thanks wishfull, hope you are doing well too. Seems like ages since we were in Belgium doesn't it? Can't be sure yet but have just had a bit of Soup after getting home from fill and just the bit I had seemed to fill me up, might just be a bit of swelling tho? Going to try and make some time for some regular walking like you. I fancy going up to Scotland bit later in the year and visiting Edinburgh cos it looks a really interesting place and then go on somewhere after that which has some nice walks - not as long and professional as you do tho. Bigsister x