Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi again everyone just wondered what hotels you all stayed in. if i book my flights before sunday then i can get them for £20.02 so looking for good cheap hotel now can anyone recommend any x x

Hi fatpants, I will be the same as you when my turn comes around. The problem with us women, is that we feel realy guilty that we are doing something for ourselfs, we are so use to looking after every1 around us, If we have a spare couple of quid, we think what we can get the kids, does anyone need anything, should I get the hubby a new jumper, we women always come last. I have decided that I have looked after the kids and hubby, my youngest is 14, and now it it me time. I want something for me and this time I am going to get it and that is what I keep thiniking. Yes I still feel guilty, but I am not going to let it pass me again, I am going for it this time. Hopeing all is well for you next week Mandy x

hi guys how you all doing? god you lot can talk not logged on for about 2 weeks and you have gone about 35 pages lol. Anyway gillian, big sister how you doing with your weight loss??? have you had any fills yet? love to you all tanya

Hi Tanyac, yes, that is what happens if you don't keep your finger on the pulse on this forum!

Me and gillian had first fill Tuesday before last and going for the next this coming Tuesday. Not sure about little sister but I got weighed in Boots today and have lost another 3lbs taking the total since surgery (which was 8 weeks ago) to 1st 7lbs. Not earth shattering but for someone who was beginning to think she couldn't lose weight any more, I am pleased. Was particularly delighted to buy a pair of size 14 jeans in M&S today as well - I know Marks are well known for their generous sizes but it still made me feel good and a bit normal!

How you doing anyway? Take care, bigsister x

Hi everyone,

I am now preparing for my trip. Went to town to get my Euro's, what a crap rate, I should have got them 6 weeks ago when I booked my op, I thought I'd be clever and wait for a better rate, it cost me £200 more by waiting!

This morning I had a cookathon! I made loads of food for my husband and the 5 kids, 2 lamb balti, 3 mince and tatties, 2 fish pies, sweet & sour chicken, chicken tonight thing (homemade though), I printed up labels with contents defrosting instructions, cooking instructions, and what he needs or can cook to go with it. who thinks I,m on a guilt trip? Tomorrow I just need to pack my bag and chill out with the family! My 10 yo daughter asked me if I was getting nervous, today I am not, but yeasterday counting out the money before going to change it in to euros I suddenly had a panic attack and had to get my husband to sit with me and discuss everything! I don't think I am nervous about the operation, I think I am nervous about spending all that money .........what if it doesn't work, or the band gets a hole..... does it cost the same to get it sorted? That is my panick, that's what makes me nervous!

Take care all of you and thanks for all your wishes and thoughts.

Fatpants

Hi fatpants, I really do need some new glasses (they are on order actually) cos was reading your post and thought you said you had had a 'cockathon' this morning! Ooerr missis! Too much info!

In case you won't be on again before you go, I will be thinking of you next week, sending best wishes and hope to see you posting again very soon.

Mandyf and Mand - glad you've both got your dates confirmed and it really will be here so soon, you won't believe it.

Take care everyone and enjoy the rest of the weekend, bigsister x

Hi Guy'& Dolls,

Feeling a lot better cant believe its over a week now how time fly's,well done Kakasdaughter 9lbs fantastic i say you feel great your going to be twiggy for your 21st,how are you feeling now, im a bit sore around the port getting stitches out on Monday,:w00t:

Have a ? for all you experience badsters have a strange feeling in my throat when i swallow it doesn't hurt it just feels a bit strange when i swallow, also what where you eating second week :thumbup:

The best of luck Fatpants for next week you be fine :tt2:

good luck fatpants, I'm sure all will turn out fine for you, it is a big step, but you must give yourself the opportunity of living in a healthy, fit body, its the only one we've been given and no matter was it cost if you can find the money you must give yourself and your family the opportunity to live in a good one.

Its a big commitment financially, but like me try to cut back on all other luxurys until the money is all replaced, I stopped buying clothes, cos I'm not buying anthing til I'm sized 14 or lower, and stopped buying new make up and am using everything else I've bought and never used, there are no more impulse buying, if I dont absolutly have to have it then I can do without for a short while.

I was frittering away over £100 per week thats 400 a month and in 10 months all the money spent on the op will be repaid. Have a good trip

Hi again everyone just wondered what hotels you all stayed in. if i book my flights before sunday then i can get them for £20.02 so looking for good cheap hotel now can anyone recommend any x x

Hi Tanyac, Fredrick booked me into the campanile in Vilvoorde, which is within walking distance, or a very short taxi ride it was clean and had good beds, everyone in Belgium speaks English even the chambermaids, although I spoke in French for the first two days before I realised.

Hi Tanyac, yes, that is what happens if you don't keep your finger on the pulse on this forum!

Me and gillian had first fill Tuesday before last and going for the next this coming Tuesday. Not sure about little sister but I got weighed in Boots today and have lost another 3lbs taking the total since surgery (which was 8 weeks ago) to 1st 7lbs. Not earth shattering but for someone who was beginning to think she couldn't lose weight any more, I am pleased. Was particularly delighted to buy a pair of size 14 jeans in M&S today as well - I know Marks are well known for their generous sizes but it still made me feel good and a bit normal!

How you doing anyway? Take care, bigsister x

Wow big sister your doing fab thats an average of 2.6 lbs per week if you keep that up for 1 years that will be close to 10stone, and if your already into size 14 jeans well that would make you around sized aged 4/5 by this time next year. woop woop.

Wow big sister your doing fab thats an average of 2.6 lbs per week if you keep that up for 1 years that will be close to 10stone, and if your already into size 14 jeans well that would make you around sized aged 4/5 by this time next year. woop woop.

Thanks mmm for working that out for me, I just need to lose a little over 2 more stones to be considered within normal weight range for my height, don't think even I can afford to lose 10 stones! To be fair, I think I dropped most of what I've lost already in the 2-3 weeks following surgery and probably only about 1lb a week since but that's fine by me, I can wait, particularly as I haven't got any restriction yet. Size 14 M&S jeans are equivalent to at least a size bigger at any other shop but even knowing that doesn't dampen my satisfaction at having at normal label. Noticed they had some very nice, trendy aged 4-5 kids clothes as well, so roll on next year when I can wear them, according to your calculations!

How is your loss going? Are you finding it hard going at the moment? I have found it quite hard but have been spurred on by my modest loss and new clothes so far! Little sister gillian is finding it harder than I am I think, she is missing things like cream eggs and wispas - well, no actually, she's not missing them at all - she's having them! Take care, bigsister x

Hi fatpants, I really do need some new glasses (they are on order actually) cos was reading your post and thought you said you had had a 'cockathon' this morning! Ooerr missis! Too much info!

In case you won't be on again before you go, I will be thinking of you next week, sending best wishes and hope to see you posting again very soon.

Mandyf and Mand - glad you've both got your dates confirmed and it really will be here so soon, you won't believe it.

Take care everyone and enjoy the rest of the weekend, bigsister x

Well between you and me bigsister, I had one of them aswell, I thought I better sort him out as he's getting a bit uptight! The kids are on edge as he won't let them rest until their rooms are immaculate! He's driving me mad!

Fatpants

Hi everyone!

Well I'm just packing, but I can't think as my husband has got the kids running around, their having a cleaningathon!

God sake, he really picks his moments, I just wanted a calm day with the kids!

Anyway have I forgotten anything?

flight tickets

passport

E111 (NHS health thing, just incase!)

Hotel reservation

Money

cupasoup

teabags

a mug

milk portions

lucozade sweets

nurofen melts

nurofen tablets

lipsalve

arnica

I figured the dressings, bio oil and senokot wouldn't be needed until my return, so am leaving them behind.

I've got joggy bottoms for after the op and the return journey, I'm wearing slip on shoes to minimise bending down, I'm bring disposable slippers, nighty, change of undies (several obviously) and toiletteries. I have missed anything or do you recommend anything else?

Having a hectic Sunday, but we are going out for a nice walk later.

Fatpants

Hi everyone!

Well I'm just packing, but I can't think as my husband has got the kids running around, their having a cleaningathon!

God sake, he really picks his moments, I just wanted a calm day with the kids!

Anyway have I forgotten anything?

flight tickets

passport

E111 (NHS health thing, just incase!)

Hotel reservation

Money

cupasoup

teabags

a mug

milk portions

lucozade sweets

nurofen melts

nurofen tablets

lipsalve

arnica

I figured the dressings, bio oil and senokot wouldn't be needed until my return, so am leaving them behind.

I've got joggy bottoms for after the op and the return journey, I'm wearing slip on shoes to minimise bending down, I'm bring disposable slippers, nighty, change of undies (several obviously) and toiletteries. I have missed anything or do you recommend anything else?

Having a hectic Sunday, but we are going out for a nice walk later.

Fatpants

Hi fatpants - have you got a book or magazines packed? Bigsister x

fatpants, you sound like you all sorted, try and chill with the kids and your hubby for the rest of the day. Have you got some reading material, some one mentioned that you may have some spare time but not beable to move about to much. x Hope all is well for your op, look forward to hearing from you as soon as you are well enought to post your mess on here x tc x

Hi Guy's & Dolls, can any one tell me about the stitches, i trim-ed off the fishing line and i dont seem to have the blue stitches Frederick said only the blue one has to be removed but i only have the clear like fishing line so does that mean i just leave well enough a lone:confused: at what stage can you start having mushes sorry for all the ? Well done Bigsister your weight loss it must feel great getting into those jeans cant weight to start going down in sizes not have to go to the one shop:smile:

Hi Fatpants, looks like you have everything under control, try and relax if you can i was like a mad women trying to organize the house before i went i had to just stop i was given myself a lovely tension headache,felt a lot better when i calm myself down, hopefully you will meet somebody at the hotel like me, if you don't don't worry your in good hands with Dr Chris and hes team i now you cant help but worry i was the same you be fine im 9 days post op feel great today best of luck look forward to hearing from you when you get back lolx:smile:

Wellcone Maryfielding congrat's on booking your surgery

Edited by shoes

Hi shoes, the blue stitch is where the drain was and if you have one its quite noticeable. The nurse at the hospital told me that not everyone has one because sometimes it comes out when they remove the drain, someone else on here did'nt have one aswell, possibly one of the sisters or wishfull.

I was eating normal food within a few days of the op just chewed thoughly, and slowely, I have felt no pain not even been uncomfortable with what ever I've eaten. But we all have had different experiences, possibly Gillian I think had trouble with a dinasaur (she'll tell you all about it its in a past post and had me giggling to myself for days) some cannot tolerate bread, or chips, but I can eat everything and no side effects, so its a bit of trial and error.