Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hello everyone,

Check out my ticker, 7, yes 7 stone gone Yahoooooooooooo!!! Thats like a whole person, gone!

I cannot tell you how absolutely delighted I am, and the absolute bestest feeling I have had in a long time was slipping into a stunning Karen Millen dress on Saturday that I am wearing to a Wedding this weekend. I cried in the fitting room, and the look on hubbies face when I stepped out in it was amazing!

I proudly walked around clutching that bag with pride and beaming from ear to ear all day, and finally for the first time in 16 years felt like a normal person able to go into so many shops and buy anything I wanted knowing it was gonna fit.

I had a right old spend up with my first bumper pay packet since getting my promotion, and got 14's & 16's rather than the 24's I was in this time last year.

Also my friend had her band fitted today, not by Dr Chris but in a hospital here after being inspired by my progress, and I cannot wait to see the difference this is going to make to her life as well.

Lots of people back on the boards, good to see how everyone is doing, and welcome newbies.

Claire, your progress photos are fab, well done you! I might get brave and post some soon, if I can figure out how!

Slinx, hello, I am confused as when I get updates for this thread on my phone your pic is a dark haired lady? Is that you? and freckles has a different pic too?

Take care all xxx

oh patty your amazing well done hun and yes its me i change my hair with the seasons lol im going light again at tha min and had my hair cut short lol i love change so pleased for you bet you look gorge xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello all

Wow Fattypatty wonderful weightloss, come on post a picture of the Karen Millen dress! Want to see - I have a very glam Monsoon dress so if you do then so will I! Dare you!

It's always good to see how you have done and photographic evidence is usually the only way we start to acknowledge and see that we have changed.

Nat 1977 - when wouldyou like to meet up? Where? Let me know...

Laila160 - well done on your loss keep going as it will come off and it isn't a race but what is right for you. Such wonderful progress.

Well I set myself a new target today as I had a GP appointment yesterday and in order to have the breast reduction I have to have a BMI of 25 or less. That equals 10 stone 7 lbs so I have the extra challenge of another 6.5 pounds. So 25.5 pounds to go. Only then will the GP put the application in. He thinks it will be accepted but they say that you have to have lost the weight for a year. As he said with the band they will probably see that as a positive. So hoping to go back nearer to July and have another chat. My fingers are crossed and I now face South instead of South West and West hasn't featured in a very long time!

Anyway have a good week everyone and look after yourselves.

All for now

Claire

x

Hello everyone,

Check out my ticker, 7, yes 7 stone gone Yahoooooooooooo!!! Thats like a whole person, gone!

I cannot tell you how absolutely delighted I am, and the absolute bestest feeling I have had in a long time was slipping into a stunning Karen Millen dress on Saturday that I am wearing to a Wedding this weekend. I cried in the fitting room, and the look on hubbies face when I stepped out in it was amazing!

I proudly walked around clutching that bag with pride and beaming from ear to ear all day, and finally for the first time in 16 years felt like a normal person able to go into so many shops and buy anything I wanted knowing it was gonna fit.

I had a right old spend up with my first bumper pay packet since getting my promotion, and got 14's & 16's rather than the 24's I was in this time last year.

Also my friend had her band fitted today, not by Dr Chris but in a hospital here after being inspired by my progress, and I cannot wait to see the difference this is going to make to her life as well.

Lots of people back on the boards, good to see how everyone is doing, and welcome newbies.

Claire, your progress photos are fab, well done you! I might get brave and post some soon, if I can figure out how!

Slinx, hello, I am confused as when I get updates for this thread on my phone your pic is a dark haired lady? Is that you? and freckles has a different pic too?

Take care all xxx

Well done you have done great with the weight loss.Seven stone is amazing.If you feel confident enough you should post your pictures as im sure your weight loss and your pictures will give others the insperation to do what you have done.I know it did with me .I subscribed to the before and after pictures on this site and that gave me the motivation to go for it.xx

Hi all,

Hi Slinky I cant remember exactly what time is my appointment but must be around noon time.Hopefuly I will meet you there.

Sorry I havent been here for a day or two but as you know still straggeling at work. I eventually got a temporary post until they find permanent post for me but had to change already. so it is constant stress big unknown,dealing with new people every so often.once I settled get to routine have to be moved again pure madness.but I am not going to give up without fight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fighting for my rights thats my nature.

I was surprised after my first fill I was pretty restricted maybe not from the very beginning but its been 6 weeks since my first fill I I have to eat slowly, I can only dream about bread.But I think I am ready for another little fill.

worring me. at the port side just under the skin I can feel quite large lump.I started to feel it shortly after surgery. at first I thought that was a port but when I went for my first fill Chris Deprez told me that this is scars wherever the muscles were stiched but that 'thing' is getting slightly bigger and uncomfortable when I sit its located just below ribs but when I sit ribs are pressing on it making me feel uncomfortable.any one experience anything like that before...

any idea who is comming to belfast on 21 April?will it be possible to find out.

Slinky have you by any chance confirmed that clinic, just in case of cancelation.let me know please.

nice to hear from you all

blondynurse

Hi all,

Hi Slinky I cant remember exactly what time is my appointment but must be around noon time.Hopefuly I will meet you there.

Sorry I havent been here for a day or two but as you know still straggeling at work. I eventually got a temporary post until they find permanent post for me but had to change already. so it is constant stress big unknown,dealing with new people every so often.once I settled get to routine have to be moved again pure madness.but I am not going to give up without fight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fighting for my rights thats my nature.

I was surprised after my first fill I was pretty restricted maybe not from the very beginning but its been 6 weeks since my first fill I I have to eat slowly, I can only dream about bread.But I think I am ready for another little fill.

worring me. at the port side just under the skin I can feel quite large lump.I started to feel it shortly after surgery. at first I thought that was a port but when I went for my first fill Chris Deprez told me that this is scars wherever the muscles were stiched but that 'thing' is getting slightly bigger and uncomfortable when I sit its located just below ribs but when I sit ribs are pressing on it making me feel uncomfortable.any one experience anything like that before...

any idea who is comming to belfast on 21 April?will it be possible to find out.

Slinky have you by any chance confirmed that clinic, just in case of cancelation.let me know please.

nice to hear from you all

blondynurse

hi blondy poor you will all the messing around with work hope you get sorted out soon and you keep on fighting lol,yes i phoned julie and clinic is on not sure who is doing it though,your lucky you had restriction with your first fill i never until my second i will prob see you there mine is around 12.30,i had a bit of a lump after surgery but it went away on its own,but i think it is scar tissue if garry still watches this site maybe he can tell you he had a similar experience i think xxx

Wow!!!! Skinny or what !!!!! 7 stone, is amazing, I'm amazed at how much energy I have now, so I'm sure you are too.

I went to manchester for a tiny defill yesterday 0.25 out, as the old acid was constant, and Constipation too (sorry to share that)

Still feel tight but the acid has gone yipee!!!! I hope I continue to lose, cos I still have that flaming stone to lose :(

I wanted it gone by the summer.

freckles has a different pic too?

What piccy do I have hun?

Here's one taken at Xmas, I'm much the same now....only my face has filled out a little more, cos it went to look drawn when this was taken.

IMAG0002.jpg

Hope everyone is feeling good about themselves, carry on with all the good work, xxxx

Hi Freckles, just saw there that you had to get re-banded after your op with Dr De Bruyne? What happend? You are the first person I have read of who had complications with him!! I was banded on Feb 15th this year and I had a really good recovery, everything went great, but I have NO restriction at ALL and even though I have lost a couple of lb's I havent really lost anything significant.. it goes up and down. And I can eat as much if not more than I could before the op.. beginning to wonder if I have made the right decision :( I have had one fill, got three mils in. I have the heliogast evolution, and when I went for my fill i asked him how many cc's it was and he told me that he had worked in the place that made them and that they were tested up til 20cc's (WTF??!) so it was just a case of how much I needed rather than how big my band was. He was one of Dr Chris's aids, so he would have known what he was talking about.. I thought! But a girl who got banded on the same day as me got her fill the same day as well and she was told they are only 7cc bands.. which I think is VERY small... and im a bit panicked about it now. I am hoping my second fill will make a difference, I know I could be putting in more effort with my diet and excercise so I am not blaming my band completely but I am beginning to lose hope!! Any advice?

Have I scared everyone away with my ugly mug? Sorry :(

Well troops thats me arrived back from Honeymoon. I am totally exhausted but had a ball, Singapore and Australia were far better than I even dreamt it could be.

Need to get back on track and quick. I had 2 ml taken out before flying so that I would be safe while away but during the last 4 weeks I have now gained 6 lbs aarrgghhh, going to see Dr Chris on Thursday and hoping to get restriction back and get the weight loss going again.

Glad to see everyone is doing well, been nice to read everyones updates and to those who have decided to take the plunge - well done and enjoy the journey to the new you

Take care

Kerry xx

Have I scared everyone away with my ugly mug? Sorry :(

Fabulous photo you are lovely and have lost loads. Well done beautiful lady!

Have a good weekend.

Cx

Wow!!!! Skinny or what !!!!! 7 stone, is amazing, I'm amazed at how much energy I have now, so I'm sure you are too.

I went to manchester for a tiny defill yesterday 0.25 out, as the old acid was constant, and Constipation too (sorry to share that)

Still feel tight but the acid has gone yipee!!!! I hope I continue to lose, cos I still have that flaming stone to lose :(

I wanted it gone by the summer.

What piccy do I have hun?

Here's one taken at Xmas, I'm much the same now....only my face has filled out a little more, cos it went to look drawn when this was taken.

IMAG0002.jpg

Hope everyone is feeling good about themselves, carry on with all the good work, xxxx

freckles you look fab surley you dont need to lose much more hunny,what size are you ,you only look like a 10 i think you have done fab xxx

Hi everybody,

Finally I can rest for the next two weeks and enjoy the lovely weather. Had a bad toothache last week had to seek dental emergency was in so much pain but the dentist sorted it out the same day as I was unable to eat my band got tighter and yes I lost an extra 4llbs and I am still feeling tight I had to cancel my fill !! I am at the gym 4 times a week and can feel my body toning, haven't got any loose skin or saggy breast the exercise are really helping to tone up! Well I have now lost a total of 38llbs since my surgery last August I hope to lose at least another 25llbs by this August. It is a slow journey but I am going in the right direction.

Good luck everyone .

wow laila how cool are you going the gym and all lol,that;s great your toning up hun and your weight loss is great too,the toning up is a great thing,im too lazy for the gym but find walking is toning upmy legs at least lol,it make them look a bit thinner well donex x

Hi Freckles, just saw there that you had to get re-banded after your op with Dr De Bruyne? What happend? You are the first person I have read of who had complications with him!! I was banded on Feb 15th this year and I had a really good recovery, everything went great, but I have NO restriction at ALL and even though I have lost a couple of lb's I havent really lost anything significant.. it goes up and down. And I can eat as much if not more than I could before the op.. beginning to wonder if I have made the right decision :( I have had one fill, got three mils in. I have the heliogast evolution, and when I went for my fill i asked him how many cc's it was and he told me that he had worked in the place that made them and that they were tested up til 20cc's (WTF??!) so it was just a case of how much I needed rather than how big my band was. He was one of Dr Chris's aids, so he would have known what he was talking about.. I thought! But a girl who got banded on the same day as me got her fill the same day as well and she was told they are only 7cc bands.. which I think is VERY small... and im a bit panicked about it now. I am hoping my second fill will make a difference, I know I could be putting in more effort with my diet and excercise so I am not blaming my band completely but I am beginning to lose hope!! Any advice?

congrats and welcome back kerry,glad you had a great time and dont worry about them 6lb they will soon come off lol.

Hi irishlapband girl,freckles didnt have surgery with dr chris,it was another surgeon in england,i think her's was band erosion wich was the makers of the particular band that was at fault not the surgeon im sure when she gets a chance she will answer that herself xx,and dont worry your first fill and sometimes your second fill dosnt do much at all,the first couple of fill are only filling up the circumference of the band inside you then as you get more fill it tightens it so it does :Dwork hun just be patient,and dont worry about the size he puts in what he think you need judging on the size of your stomach in surgery,mine is only 7cc but the can put more in it any more questions just ask and dont worry xx

Wannabe slinky thank you, your a super star!! I was so worried that my band was so small it wouldn't work, and then I thought "well i bet I have stretched my pouch already anyways" and I have been kind of giving up to be honest.. I'm so ashamed, I thought that by going to the extremes of having surgery and everything that I would just cop on to what I was doing to my body and stop eating crap!! But that hasn't happen'd and I am starting to feel like a failure again, even my Mum (who btw is still a size 10-12 after 7 kids, and age 75) has been asking me "how come you haven't lost anything yet??" I thought this was going to work etc.." its just nice to talk to people who have been through the same thing and KNOW what you are going through!! Do you feel amazing having lost the weight pet? I'm dying to feel good about myself again, at the moment I feel so unattractive its horrible.. any ideas on what I should be eating until I get some restriction? because at the moment I am just eating the way I was before the op!

Wannabe slinky thank you, your a super star!! I was so worried that my band was so small it wouldn't work, and then I thought "well i bet I have stretched my pouch already anyways" and I have been kind of giving up to be honest.. I'm so ashamed, I thought that by going to the extremes of having surgery and everything that I would just cop on to what I was doing to my body and stop eating crap!! But that hasn't happen'd and I am starting to feel like a failure again, even my Mum (who btw is still a size 10-12 after 7 kids, and age 75) has been asking me "how come you haven't lost anything yet??" I thought this was going to work etc.." its just nice to talk to people who have been through the same thing and KNOW what you are going through!! Do you feel amazing having lost the weight pet? I'm dying to feel good about myself again, at the moment I feel so unattractive its horrible.. any ideas on what I should be eating until I get some restriction? because at the moment I am just eating the way I was before the op!

Please be gentle on yourself. Firstly don't compare yourself to others on here as you have read you will see we all react very diferently to the band and have restriction at different points. You will lose weight and just need to be aware of what you are eating. I know I am not really in the position to tell people what they should or shouldn't be doing.

I found (please remember I had restriction from the 2nd fill which is unusual from what I have ascertained and been told by Chris Duprez) that I could no longer eat somehting just for the sake of it. It had to be nutritious as I was probably going to get one chance at eating something at that point in the day and couldn't afford to mess it up, otherwise I would have my head down the toilet. Sorry if too much information but sometimes we need to know what the worst case scenario could be.

Perhaps try a smaller plate size and split the plate up into Protein (important!) then the vegetables and a little potato. Make a healthy chunky Soup and food process it down and store in the fridge or freezer (in portions). Have the dessert if you fancy a treat but just don't go overboard.

You will get there and when you have restriction you will definately know about it and the pounds will start to fall off. As for the others around you just say time will tell and say positive don't let them goad you into hitting the biscuit box or whatever your achilles heel is.

What is your achilles heel?

I had a photo of myself that I placed near the fridge when I was losing weight to get married (14 years ago) and I found that did wonders for me. I lost a lot of weight and my dressmaker was always having to take the frame of the dress in until she said enough I have now got to cut the real thing and need you to stop losing weight or you will be walking down the aisle in this. I lost quite a lot and my wedding dress definately doesn't fit me anymore - it's far too big!!! So I must have been bigger than I thought!

Stay positive and look after yourself.

Take care

Cx