Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Thank you :puke: I have been booked in for 17th December eek no christmas dinner for me then huh lol! I finish up for xmas holiday on the 16th and dont go back til 10th January so thought that would be the best time for it! I will have to ask for more xmas prezzies to compensate the food! Does anyone know which airport in Brussels I should be flying to? I was looking at ryan air but they dont go to the international airport and was just wondering because of the taxi trips being in the package deal would I have to fly to a specific airport? x

I flew in to charleroi with ryan air bcause it was much cheaper(over £100 each) and we hired a car for 3 days which cost £60. It is too far for a taxi to be included in the package offered by Frederik but only about 50 minutes in the car and a straight road

Lol, if only it were that easy, because with each fill it changes, and sometimes with each day it changes too.

Just had to tell you that guys.

And there was me trying to put on a positive spin!!!

If you make a mistake, your band lets you know and you learn really quickly not to try that food again for a while! LOL:smile2:

I am going for my first fill next Thursday so I'll let you know how it goes.

Sorry.jpg

Shaz, but we cant have people thinking its a breeze, cos we both know its not dont we, unless you are one of the really lucky ones.

You do learn that each day its different on what your band will tolerate though.

I still make mistakes and I'm 20 months out. :puke:

Wishing you all the best, my op on the 25 x

thanks you too xxx

thanks for all the advice ladies, keep it coming I am learning sooo much. Its great to get all this before I go, it's so much better going with all the knowledge as I feel I will be better prepared. I am flying with Ryanair so the airport is a bit far away, I think we are just getting the train, the only thing is the flight home is really early in morning so think I will more than likely be extremely tired and irritated.. (nothing new then!!). xx

Hello All

I haven't had a good day. The stress is mounting as I am trying to finish my diploma coursework, have a new job with so much school preparation etc and a 10 year old that is behaving like a teenager! Bl***y hormones!

Stress really made my band very reactive today at lunch time and it wasn't pleasant believe me! I had to come home from school as I couldn't stop heaving. Finally, after about an hour I lost my boots and am now feeling a little better. But it was awful.

I agree that it some days one thing will go down really well and other days it may be quite the opposite! Just a complete nightmare. Wish I hadn't got out of bed!!

Anyway, upward and onward - come on Marine don't let the side down.

Have a good evening all.

Sorry Slinx, meant to reply and got side-tracked, yes its the same Garry who had to have further surgery, he's from Scotland, if that helps you remember him?

Poor you Claire, I often feel that way, the food lays so heavily in my little tum, you feel so sick and eventually you have to be. I tell myself the reason for this is....cos I ate too much at one sitting.

Its so hard to get used to only a morsel of food, as we all know it takes the brain longer to register we are full than our mouths, so we keep trying to shovel it in lol.

Isnt anyone going on the 28th Oct and having the op on 29th?

Seems like my daughter is the only one from here :puke:

Poor you Claire, I often feel that way, the food lays so heavily in my little tum, you feel so sick and eventually you have to be. I tell myself the reason for this is....cos I ate too much at one sitting.

Its so hard to get used to only a morsel of food, as we all know it takes the brain longer to register we are full than our mouths, so we keep trying to shovel it in lol.

Isnt anyone going on the 28th Oct and having the op on 29th?

Seems like my daughter is the only one from here :puke:

cant believe poor garry has had so much messing around is he just gonna get it fixed again,hope he is ok i would go bloody mad lol:huh2:

QUOTE]

If only it had been like that!

I'd only had a small spoonful and as soon I ate it I knew it wasn't going to even make my stomach. It just felt very tight. It's not very pleasant when you have it sitting in the passageway and (to be blunt) just pours out of you. So definately no chance that it even made it to my tummy! Anyway, feeling a bit better.

Yoghurt I find is very soothing afterwards. I have heard that ice cream can do the same but again have tried to avoid it like the plague. Strict? Definately, not one ounce or morsel of banned food passes these lips and I am determined to keep losing!

Oh God, thats awful Claire, have you been over-filled or has it just happened the once?

Slinx Garry has had it fixed, he had to have more surgery, poor lad never seems to be out of hospital :laugh:

Sheree are u stopping at camponile?? I'm two weeks Wednesday. Is anyone going with you.

Jude xx

im staying there getting banded on 24th x

Sheree are u stopping at camponile?? I'm two weeks Wednesday. Is anyone going with you.

Jude xx

Hi Jude... Yeah I am staying at the camponile, my mum is coming with me so she will be at the hotel on the night of my op too... Ive decided to leave the husband at home coz he will be a worrier and cant be bothered with that!lol

Is your op on the wed or the thurs? We get there thurs afternoon and I;m being done on Friday morning... Will hopefully see you there

I am having a nightmare with the pre op diet,.,. I just cant stop thinking that this is the last time I am gonna be able to enjoy my food! - How did everyone else find this? If I do badly on it will I not be able to have the band fitted?

Sheree xx

Hi before my opp i eat everything thinking it was going to be my last i had so many mc dolands and chinises and pizzas before my opp lol. I was fine the doc dident say anything

Hi Jude... Yeah I am staying at the camponile, my mum is coming with me so she will be at the hotel on the night of my op too... Ive decided to leave the husband at home coz he will be a worrier and cant be bothered with that!lol

Is your op on the wed or the thurs? We get there thurs afternoon and I;m being done on Friday morning... Will hopefully see you there

I am having a nightmare with the pre op diet,.,. I just cant stop thinking that this is the last time I am gonna be able to enjoy my food! - How did everyone else find this? If I do badly on it will I not be able to have the band fitted?

Sheree xx

they will still do your band hun,they want you to diet and eat good to shrink your liver to make op easy,i found it hard and didnt do much of a diet and i still got mine good luck hun.Freckles did he have to pay again or dont you know,he must be strong dont think i could cope lol:thumbup:

:laugh: ..,.