Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

you are getting me thinking on what to take with me!! maybe something like windeze is a good idea...i have heard you get loads of trapped wind afterwards. does anyone know are you meant to take stuff like that to help afterwards

I've heard it mentioned by other people... I'll definitely be taking it... or I wont be too popular on the plane back to southampton! Just need to pluck up the courage to ask for it at the chemist now! haha.

Apart from those medical bits I'm taking soft baggy clothes, loose pyjamas and a soft bra. Also my laptop so I can amuse myself by watching dvds when stuck in the hotel for 2 days (I have to stay an extra night due to flights).

Has anyone seen the gastric band video diary by missflump on Youtube? She took videos of the hotel, hospital room etc in belgium so might be useful to anyone being done by dr chris soon.

Hi everyone,

I have been lurking around this forum for ages now but never really plucked up the courage to post.

Anyway, I am someone who has been thinking about this for quite a while ...met Fred last year but chickened out.

Anyway, after a lot of soul searching have decided to go for it - your stories have been so inspiring and I think you are all a credit.

I have one question - if i arrive in belgium on a mon, have op tues, released weds - can i go home thurs. i know chris or fred come to see you in the hotel to see you but is it thurs am - just trying to organise flights and need to sort timings. would be great if someone could advise...

Good luck everyone and love to all....Rosie x:redface:

Hi Rosie glad you plucked up and posted. Like you I'm flying out on Monday and have booked return flight for Thurs morn - so I'm sure it's fine.

Anita I can feel the exceitment andcant wait to feel like you. size 12 is my goal but need to lose about 5 stone to get there. well done keep posting

Hi Rosie glad you plucked up and posted. Like you I'm flying out on Monday and have booked return flight for Thurs morn - so I'm sure it's fine.

thanks Sher, I hope everything goes well for you next week - mines not til Dec - have af fried going with me - we have to plan around work but gives us time to get ready. Good luck and look forward to hearing how u get on.

Rosie x:thumbup:

Emsey thanks for that I watched the video's and thought it was really informative.

Nearly time to go

I've heard it mentioned by other people... I'll definitely be taking it... or I wont be too popular on the plane back to southampton! Just need to pluck up the courage to ask for it at the chemist now! haha.

Apart from those medical bits I'm taking soft baggy clothes, loose pyjamas and a soft bra. Also my laptop so I can amuse myself by watching dvds when stuck in the hotel for 2 days (I have to stay an extra night due to flights).

Has anyone seen the gastric band video diary by missflump on Youtube? She took videos of the hotel, hospital room etc in belgium so might be useful to anyone being done by dr chris soon.

I have just watched the utube information, its really good isn't it. so far i only watchd the one with the hotel room but at least it gives you a feel for going and what to expect when you get there!!

I have just watched the utube information, its really good isn't it. so far i only watchd the one with the hotel room but at least it gives you a feel for going and what to expect when you get there!!

i like the utube video thats really great!! its good to see whats going to happen before you get there!! i don't like the sound of all the trapped wind..but i guess its only a few days and you just have to grin and bear it :biggrin:. its all for agood reason. i really can't do this with out the band to help.

Thanks Freckles

Your reply is very supportive and positive but I suppose the anxiety and fear of failure are feelings that all of us must have felt at some point and so what I am going through is some what normal i suppose....

I am travelling by Eurostar and reach Brussells at 8.30 pm, could someone please tell me how to continue the journey from there?

Also, If I reach that late, will I be able to see Frederik or someone for a consult before the band next morning?

I could not get an earlier train, as am working till afternoon(boss won't give me time off) and this was the only available one left....please advise. Have any of you reached late at night and stilll be seen?

Apologies for so many questions.

Thanks in advance for the replies that I am sure someone will give me. MD xx

hi MD75 i am having mine on the 13th with Dr De Bruyne Chris!! where r u having yours?

Hi Laila

I am having it with CBD on the 12th....I will probably be zonked out when u r having yours....good luck and hope it goes well.....I am glad to have found someone who'll be around on the same date as me.....as we can panic together (sometimes) and be supportive at others....

Also, It would be great to have a buddy who is at exactly the the same stage of their band journey as me.

MD

Yeah she was really brave to put her videos up on Youtube, I've only told 2 people I'm having it done!

Best thing is seeing her get thinner and thinner and thinking (hopefully) this will be me soon!

xx

I am now on countdown and have been a busy bee today especially as the children were in school and I wasn't. I have started to sort out all the rubbish/clutter in the conservatory so I can start to work from home again on my days not at school and it was really rewarding to see some space finally today. I feel like I am clearing the cobwebs in preparation. Feels great!

Started my pre-op and so far have lost 2.5 pounds and 4.5 inches. Didn't have time this morning to weight and measure but will tomorrow.

Looking forward to next Friday and just can't wait to have to done and just get on with life.

Good luck to everyone going over on the next few weeks. Keep us posted on how you are doing and I will also pop in and keep you updated.

Hi Sher, I couldn't have lost it without the band, it's still a very surreal feeling, I can't believe that I actually did it. BUT am so proud of myself, after years of yoyo dieting... I'm well chuffed with results.

I left Belfast Sunday for Dublin, arrived in Brussels Mon, op Tues out of hosp Wed flew home early Thurs morning - hope this helps those that were querying dates.

any one got any tips on what have to eat after op, a few people have recommend those shakes , any one else recommend anything , ( im a bit limited i only like strawberry ,,,, ha ha

Ps my wife wants to go for a meal night before op , did any one else have a last treat the night before ???

any tips on what have to eat after op

... my wife wants to go for a meal night before op , did any one else have a last treat the night before ???

I personally am going to use Herbalife once I am able to but there are others on here who have used other things etc I have packed Soup and found som dutch crispbreads which I will take with me plus some juice. There is a supermarket close to the hotel so your wife may be able to get some bits there.

There are lots of posts where people have said that they have gone for a meal in the evening, even been encouraged too. :)

HTH