Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

hi Geri

I know the feeling its hard but i have cut down a little lol, my nerves come and go but dont they say nurses make the worst patients, but then im excited as well so far i ve got my loose trousers dressings, painkillers, Vitamins, cup a Soups bovril etc, can anyone tell me if we need to take our jim jams or do we just stay in a gown lol any other advice about what to take greatly accepted i cant believe its so close now seem like forever away when i first joined this site lol

Julie x

Hi Julie, I was the only fella when I got promoted to a bandster, but the 4 girls with me did wear their own PJ's, I looked great in the backless number the hospital donated for my stay, mind you the white stockings didn't do anything for me, may be wise to take your slippers too seriously!

I didn't take dressings as the ones they put on stay put till a day atleast after you get home.

Have a good time and I am sure you'll wonder what on earth all the should I shouldn't I thougths were all about! Like me I think you'll not regret the decision you've made to have a band.

Regards Paul

hi julie im not booked till july,cause were in holland and belgium on hols so going at the end of my holiday lol cant wait and poor july u go for it baby get it done and tell your hubby to stop embarrasing you by telling everyone you will be the town clown i would kill my trevor if he told anyone,have to say im dreading the warm weather comming and having to take my coat off but i have a cardi on standby to take its place i actually put my weight on after showing off to all the kids i could do a sommersault on the trampoline not realising it's not as bouncy as the old school ones and broke my ankle and had to get metal pins in it so was off my feet for months so i ate all the pies and hardley moved and the weight piled on,and every time i tried to loose it i would gain more so band here i come i wanted early july but dr chris is away from the 4th till 26th july so im booked for the 27th yay im doing a jig here lol:tt2:

hi Geri

I know the feeling its hard but i have cut down a little lol, my nerves come and go but dont they say nurses make the worst patients, but then im excited as well so far i ve got my loose trousers dressings, painkillers, Vitamins, cup a Soups bovril etc, can anyone tell me if we need to take our jim jams or do we just stay in a gown lol any other advice about what to take greatly accepted i cant believe its so close now seem like forever away when i first joined this site lol

Julie x

the girls i spoke to just stayed in hos gown thats wat im gonna do and they took loose clothing slip on shoes hand towel and wash bag for hos and for hotel take motilum fot nausea,windeeze,chew vitamins,nurofen melts,cup a Soup, bottle Water, take your own cups as they only have plastic cups in the hotel and extra tea and coffee, im gonna take some of them slimfast type of milkshakes as well from tesco or asda good luck hun cant wait till ya go and we get all the goss lol ps they told me to ask for a pre med before op cause sometimes they forget but i wont lol i hate hospitals and needles so i will be terriefied:wink2:

Hi Julie, I was the only fella when I got promoted to a bandster, but the 4 girls with me did wear their own PJ's, I looked great in the backless number the hospital donated for my stay, mind you the white stockings didn't do anything for me, may be wise to take your slippers too seriously!

I didn't take dressings as the ones they put on stay put till a day atleast after you get home.

Have a good time and I am sure you'll wonder what on earth all the should I shouldn't I thougths were all about! Like me I think you'll not regret the decision you've made to have a band.

Regards Paul

hi paul how are your pains now,how many days post op are you now glad to see you seem to be doing well:thumbup:

Hi wannabe and July

My hubbys pretty good thankfully i normally get my own way lol, July stand up for what u believe is best for u if ur hubby cant or wont support u more fool him something so important to u should be encouraged, but if not be strong and go for it alone, book for the 20th with me hun i'll make sure ur ok, :smile2: although i dont have as much as some to loose i feel this is my only option now i ve tried everything else, and if my hubby hadn't supported me id have gone alone although tough its what i need to do, i told one person at work who decided to tell evryone else and all i ve had today from them is just diet u dont need the op how i ve kept my mouth shut i dont know, i wish i had nt told anyone now:mad2:.

so just do it girl u know how u feel and what u want if u dont do it now u'll regret it later and then feel resentment towards the people thta have discouraged u, and slinky what date have u booked for the op? i dont think theres anyone else going same date as me:sad: would have been nice to have someone there going through the same thing but never mind it will soon be done and over

Julie x

Hi Julie..

Thank you very much for such nice msg.. Make me really happy see i have that support..Pitty you will go for this surgery in few days and not time enough to me do it together you if i had some more time i would be so glad to enjoy you in the big day.(well sad for me but i am sure you look forward to do it) .I dont know what is wrong with me but i start eat a lot and get so nervous in the night time i guess i am ready nervous about that surgery.I never had any surgery in my life before i am very scared.Will be little hard be in Belgium with not perfect english and not lot of french too but i know i can do it and i will do it..

Ooh i know exactaly what you talk about people bring diet to you and says you dont need that.. that start happens with me everyday and drive me crazy..

So are you ready for your big day?? what the diet you are in at the moment???

Take care and talk with you soon.

Juli

hi julie im not booked till july,cause were in holland and belgium on hols so going at the end of my holiday lol cant wait and poor july u go for it baby get it done and tell your hubby to stop embarrasing you by telling everyone you will be the town clown i would kill my trevor if he told anyone,have to say im dreading the warm weather comming and having to take my coat off but i have a cardi on standby to take its place i actually put my weight on after showing off to all the kids i could do a sommersault on the trampoline not realising it's not as bouncy as the old school ones and broke my ankle and had to get metal pins in it so was off my feet for months so i ate all the pies and hardley moved and the weight piled on,and every time i tried to loose it i would gain more so band here i come i wanted early july but dr chris is away from the 4th till 26th july so im booked for the 27th yay im doing a jig here lol:tt2:

Hi wannabe,

thanks for your msg and sorry to heard about you had broke your ankle that sound very painfull. so same happens with me after the back problem not lot of moviments and start get more weight and cant take that out anymore.. really scared about the surgery too because i know my gained of weight isnt just because i eat a lot but is because i cant movimet a lot anymore and i tried to many different diets and no sucess so i am little without hope if any other thing would help me.even the surgery but i need to take that idea out my mind and believe i will be fine and a health person again..lot of sucess history in here and i hope will not be different with me.So i think i will make a date for the midle of may.. not sure yet what day.

you will do your fills in Dublin?? Dublin is far from where do you live? do you know how much for have a fill??

Take care and talk with you soon..Juli

hi Geri

Julie x

hi julie, i know the whole thing is really scary isnt it?i think do take your jim jams to hospital with a tootbrush and hair brush. dont forget a cup for the hotel cause they only have plastic one there i am told and if you can get your hands on some diclofenac for the first few days that might be useful.

geri

:smile2:

Lovely to meet up with Jojo again and Puddlejumper.

Paul your wife is a sweetheart, how she puts up with you I dont know lol.

Kissing all the ladies goodbye, wot are you like!!! Flirt comes to mind.

Well the ole acid reflux was back last night, had to sleep sitting upright until 5am, then could lie down.

I tried the cider vinegar and God, its horrific, made it worse, so dont try peoples!!!

I ended up chewing a remegel, which worked, eased it off a lot.

Anyway this is what I wanted, so am gonna suffer as long as the weight drops off I can put up with it.

Maybe by June I will be at target, fingers crossed.

Well done all you new bandsters, dont ever think you've wasted your money I had mine done twice, cos my first one developed a leak.

I love my band, its a real life-changer, even if sometimes you get a bit miserable, cos you cant eat like you used to do, but look to the future, cos its gonna be great!!

Well the ole acid reflux was back last night, had to sleep sitting upright until 5am, then could lie down.

I tried the cider vinegar and God, its horrific, made it worse, so dont try peoples!!!

Anyway this is what I wanted, so am gonna suffer as long as the weight drops off I can put up with it.

Well done all you new bandsters, dont ever think you've wasted your money I had mine done twice, cos my first one developed a leak.

I love my band, its a real life-changer, even if sometimes you get a bit miserable, cos you cant eat like you used to do, but look to the future, cos its gonna be great!!

Hi Freckles & everyone. Just wanted to let everyone know what has been happening with me lately just in case anyone else were to have the misfortune to be in the same position. I have been suffering with pain around the stomach area since last summer and it was put down to being over production of stomach acid & I was prescribed Omeprazole. After having a couple of severe attacks, I went back to the GP last week where I was advised to double up on the tablets and go back if not any better. I ended up in hospital in early hours of last Sunday morning after being in agony for hours and 4 days & an ultrasound scan later, gallstones were diagnosed & I am now on the waiting list for my gall bladder removed. Apparently this is not an uncommon problem for weight loss surgery patients or when weight has been lost very quickly and so if you get pain in the central area around the bottom of your ribcage (can be slightly to the right hand side) and can also go into your back, bear it in mind & don't necessarily assume it is excess acid. I had also been worrying it was something wrong with the band like slippage or erosion. Hope none of you do get this as it is truly horrible and you probably won't but wish I had been aware of the symptoms & could have gone to the drs sooner & told them the full list of problems which I now know are typical of the problem but hadn't mentioned cos thought weren't connected at the time.

Any fairly new bandsters who are feeling a bit disheartened/experiencing problems, don't worry, you will learn about living/eating with your band. Everybodys band is different and it is a learning curve you need to go through and be patient about even though we all want to be at our targets as soon as possible, a steady loss is best overall.

Hello to all my old bandster friends - mmm, freckles, bobo, garry, carriejess (big congrats by the way!) etc (sorry if I've missed anyone out - its been a while).

Freckles - your Gabrielle is just so gorgeous!

Take care everyone, Bigsister xx

(sorry, not meaning to scare anyone about this - just sharing info just in case!)

hi paul how are your pains now,how many days post op are you now glad to see you seem to be doing well:thumbup:

Hi gonnabeslinky! Lol

Doing ok so far thanks. The weight reduction is doing ok but I know I have to patient.

had my first fill yesterday but I had to have some of the antiseptic removed from my port

side, it should have been absorbed into my body by now but there was a small amount in

a pocket, no wonder it was still tender!!

Today i just had some Soup and by heaven I can feel it! Gotta be working.

Let's hope it continues

good luck to all those about to get banded.

Regards Paul

hi freckles,

what kind of a man would I be if I never kissed all those lovely ladies?

Yes, Angie is an angel I do often tell her that she deserves a medal for putting

up with me!! Anyway it was great meeting you all yesterday , look forward to our

next meeting x Paul

get_well_soon_12.gif

BIG SIS xxxxxx

Lovely to hear from you and I am so sorry that you have suffered so badly, you poor thing.

We do tend to blame our bands for a lot of things, I think most of us would have done the same. I'm just glad that the real problem has been diagnosed for you.

Thank you for the nice words about Gabrielle.

Take care of you and stay in touch babe xxxx

Love to Gillian too.

Forgot to say hunny, dont you have the Benenedin cover, so you wouldnt have to wait for your op?

I know that you're a civil servant and is it available.

I use mine if ever there's anything rerally wrong with me.

Edited by Freckles

Yes Paul, Angie is an angel, but I think you make her laugh, so that compensates.

Pretty ladies or not, you're still a bad flirt

bgcwi.gif

Regards Paul

Hi Puddlejumper

I know the stockings are so fetching lol ok pj s and slippers it is, I know i wont regret it but still havin a wobble every now and then and its amazin how many people are against it but there all skinny lol so cant understand what it feels like, my hubby s come round to the idea now he knows how much it means to me and the kids are really supportive although my daughter s worried i'll start nicking her clothes lol i assured her i have a long way to go before hers will fit me. Im so glad i took the plunge tho and look forward to the new life ahead, u've done so well as has everyone else on here and no one regrets having it done so thats all the encouragement i need lol

Julie x

Hey Guys

Need some help - now 4 weeks post op and for last 2-3 days I have had pain port side - it feels swollen and hard and very uncomfortable - any ideas??

Weight loss has completely stopped - no more off but on the plus side none on either - fill booked for 22nd so hoping to see a difference then

Thanks

Kerry