Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Everyone,

Hope all are doing well on the weight loss journey....

Well done for the new banders and for the ones will do it soon.Cant wait to my turn..I still with problem with hubby for accept the surgery the only reason i didnt have a day yet.looking for someone go to Belgium with me because hubby dont want to go.

One question,someone know the name of Vitamins good for hair and nails??? I want to start take that before the surgery for in case i will loose some hair(some people have that problem )and i want to be preper for that in case will happen with me..So some tips about that???

Take care all of you and thank you very much for posts in here.Here is the place i get all the suport i dont have at home.

Thanks guys....

Hi July

Sorry to hear your Hubby isn't supporting your decision to have this done, such a shame. Hopefully he will come round and do some research himself to understand it and the benefits it will have for you. If not hopefully a friend will be happy to accompany you, I do think you need someone to go there with you, but saying that we met a lovely bunch of pre bandsters and their partners when we went out there and all sat drinking together the night before, and were pretty much together for the rest of the weekend.

Good luck with Hubby and hope you get your date confirmed soon x

Evening all,

Was my first day back at work today and my boss took me off for a chat as soon as I got in, (he knows what I have had done), and he say's "ooh you've lost weight on your shoulders"!

Of all the places to notice, but yes in a way I have got a weight off my shoulders in that I am well on my way to changing my life forever, as I'll be losing a lot of weight which will hopefully improve the fertility situation and result in me becoming a mummy.

I haven't felt this positive about that prospect for years, and I haven't cried or been depressed about it since my op date was confirmed, and I pretty much had been daily for the last 3 months. Even Hubby has commented on the change in me despite all the pain of last week.

I sooooooooooooo made the right decision to have this band and can't wait for the months ahead :thumbup: x

Hi patty

u should take the fatty off now lol, well done on ur amazin weight loss so far, i'll be joining u all very soon cant wait now wobbles and excitement all at the same time but know its going to be worth it in the end, just hearin how well everyone is doin is such a motivation for me keep up the good work

Julie xx

Hi July

Sorry to hear your Hubby isn't supporting your decision to have this done, such a shame. Hopefully he will come round and do some research himself to understand it and the benefits it will have for you. If not hopefully a friend will be happy to accompany you, I do think you need someone to go there with you, but saying that we met a lovely bunch of pre bandsters and their partners when we went out there and all sat drinking together the night before, and were pretty much together for the rest of the weekend.

Good luck with Hubby and hope you get your date confirmed soon x

Thank you very much for your kind msg fatty pat..well i guess you will need to change that nickname very soon..Lol..

So about hubby i just start to give up of him be by my side in that ,he is so old fashion and thinking i want to do this surgery just for vanity (VERY SILLY).:thumbup:

Thank you very much for your kind msg fatty pat..well i guess you will need to change that nickname very soon..Lol..

So about hubby i just start to give up of him be by my side in that ,he is so old fashion and thinking i want to do this surgery just for vanity (VERY SILLY).:thumbup:

july have you really talked and explained everything to your hubby about how you feel my fella is irish too and didnt agree with me getting one so i explained to him how i felt and that it was ruining our relationship in everyway,and it was also wrecking our sex life and i was so upset i think he finally came round and he is paying for it and taking me on a family holiday in holland then belgium for my op so explain exactily how u feel i told him i cant continue like this and i have become a hermit lol so good luck:drool:

july have you really talked and explained everything to your hubby about how you feel my fella is irish too and didnt agree with me getting one so i explained to him how i felt and that it was ruining our relationship in everyway,and it was also wrecking our sex life and i was so upset i think he finally came round and he is paying for it and taking me on a family holiday in holland then belgium for my op so explain exactily how u feel i told him i cant continue like this and i have become a hermit lol so good luck:drool:

I totally agree with u slinky,

My hubby was also very apprehensive about the op mainly because he thought that if i got skinny id dump him silly sod but i explained how unhappy i am and that it wasn't all for vanity i cant deny a small part is but mainly because im a nurse i feel it in my back knees and ankles every day and if i carry on gaining weight like this in 5 years i wont be able to do my job, and im doing it for my kids they lost their dad 8 years ago and i think of how they would cope without me as well, i know i sound a bit morbid but it goes through my head and i want to be around fit and healthy for them too, i think when they realise just how unhappy we are in our bodies they come to understand the reason s why we are doing it, so July sit him down and pour ur heart out tell him how u really feel and he'll come round and at the end of it he will have a fitter healthier sexier wife what more could he want, I hope it works out for u

Julie x

Hi Wannabe slinky...

Lol i laugh a lot with your message.. well i talk with him a lot and had made all the kind of tricks and he really dont change his mind.. He dont stop me to do it, but he says he will not be by my side and will not move one finger to help me in that..Is that a reason i didnt have put a the day of the surgery yet. i guess will be so hard to me have this procedure done and not any suport of anyone, my family isnt in here i am brasilian and dont have anyone in Ireland.His Brother live in Belgium so i was very pleased to find a doctor in Belgium.So would be much more easy to have place to stay in Belgium after the surgery and little more suport in the country but his brother is like him,he says that is a stupid idea :thumbup:..So i guess irish man have very strange way to understand what" we" women think and feel about weight.

Now i am off of work for 1 year and 7 months because a serious back problem and get much more weight everyday.So i am in a stage i need to do something, because i am so fat and with a lot of pain in my back because my weight and not able to do lot of exercise too..I am in trouble HUN??:mad:

But i will find a way to do that myself, even if that isnt the most easy way.. I just know i need to it and that site really help me a lot..(Sorry about my english, in case you dont understand something please ask me and i will try to explain in another way ok???)

Take care and all the best..

I totally agree with u slinky,

My hubby was also very apprehensive about the op mainly because he thought that if i got skinny id dump him silly sod but i explained how unhappy i am and that it wasn't all for vanity i cant deny a small part is but mainly because im a nurse i feel it in my back knees and ankles every day and if i carry on gaining weight like this in 5 years i wont be able to do my job, and im doing it for my kids they lost their dad 8 years ago and i think of how they would cope without me as well, i know i sound a bit morbid but it goes through my head and i want to be around fit and healthy for them too, i think when they realise just how unhappy we are in our bodies they come to understand the reason s why we are doing it, so July sit him down and pour ur heart out tell him how u really feel and he'll come round and at the end of it he will have a fitter healthier sexier wife what more could he want, I hope it works out for u

Julie x

Hi Julie

Thank you very much for your message.. that site is amazing i wouldnt keep my mind on it if i didnt have found that site.. Really amazing..

Well i tried everything and he still with the same mind and worse now he just start talk about it for every friend he have and his family too and no one agree with me..So my life is miserable in here :thumbup: with all this people look for me like i am so kind of freeky person.. :mad:

Maybe i need to change my husband?? :sad:

I will find a way and i will do it ,just need to find out some more easy way to go to Belgium on my own..

We use to say in my country(Brasil) "If we dont have a dog we hunt with a cat" So if he isnt with me i will do that myself.Maybe will be much more hard but nothing i can do.

Thanks for your suport.. take care and good luck with your new life..

(sorry about my english,hope you can understand)

hi geri

yeah i know lol well wait til ur pre op diet as well not eating and not smoking is a double whammy im strugglin with the diet so i cant give up smokin just yet but am trying to cut down:frown: and hope once im banded i can try giving up i'll need the cash to pay for fills lmao, anyway i nearly ready but still keep having the odd doubt pop into my head and tryiing to remember what everyone has advised me to take seem to have gone brain dead, but think i ve remembered everything but if anyone can think of anything let me know lol, dont think anyone else is going the same time as me but ill take the laptop and if im up to it let everyone know how it went dont think i would have gone ahead without the guys on here supports been amazin

Julie x

hi julie i didnt have too much success with the stopping smoking but have cut down well, i think my nerves are getting the better of me!!!!!! maybe it would help to write your list of what you are taking on this forum i am sure people will be happy to tell you if you have everything covered?my brain is constantly dead so i know where you are coming from:tt1:

geri

well done julie to bringing him around to your way of thinking,but poor july he must be so stubborn:mad2: lol when i met my hubby i was 12 stone and at 5ft 4 looked quite good:wub: im now 16 stone 5 kids later and fed up of being fat i wear a coat everytime i go out to hide myself i wear pj's in the house all day cause all my clothes dig in and told hubby sex of the menu till i feel good about me,what is the point in making him feel better if i feel like shit all the time:angry: lol so i suppose that why he is helping with the band he use to tell me to get out walking or if i ate somthing he would say do u really need that:cursing: this would make my blood boil as i know i shouldnt be eating it but i havnt told any of his family they would be horrified spending that kind of money when there are good cow or sheep to buy lol,well im originally a scouser from liverpool ive lived here for 7 years now and i will only take so much of them lol but i made it understood that if he didnt help i would do it myself ps i have a secret credit union account just incase:wub: i always have backup but i was going to go by myself july im scared of flying so i was going to get the over night boat then the train straight to brussels so mine looks good upto now so if he changes his mind i have backup waiting:thumbup:

ps hope u feeling ok jasmine cant wait to heat how you got on newly bandster you lol:thumbup:

Hi all, well last few days my eating has been good, unfortunately, went for my first fill today in Manchester. Hi everyone, especially Paul, who was there also.

Fill was OK, I don't like needs but it wasn't bad at all, booked for another fill in 4 weeks so can't be that bad. My weight has stalled at a loss of 10lbs so hoping it will be enough to give me another push to lose a little more.

My diet is restricted because of the food I can eat, but why can chocolate be tolerated, which it wouldn't.

Anyway hope all of you are well, Susan

Hi all, well last few days my eating has been good, unfortunately, went for my first fill today in Manchester. Hi everyone, especially Paul, who was there also.

Fill was OK, I don't like needs but it wasn't bad at all, booked for another fill in 4 weeks so can't be that bad. My weight has stalled at a loss of 10lbs so hoping it will be enough to give me another push to lose a little more.

My diet is restricted because of the food I can eat, but why can chocolate be tolerated, which it wouldn't.

Anyway hope all of you are well, Susan

just been for my first fill in Manchester. Met up with jojo and freckles and splatt, which was great

to finally speak to them. They did wonder how my wife puts up with me bless her. It wad nice to meet Chris too

got 2mill put in as I am still a little swollen and yes girls it's a man thing lol.

Food luck to you all. Paul and Angie

well done julie to bringing him around to your way of thinking,but poor july he must be so stubborn:mad2: lol when i met my hubby i was 12 stone and at 5ft 4 looked quite good:wub: im now 16 stone 5 kids later and fed up of being fat i wear a coat everytime i go out to hide myself i wear pj's in the house all day cause all my clothes dig in and told hubby sex of the menu till i feel good about me,what is the point in making him feel better if i feel like shit all the time:angry: lol so i suppose that why he is helping with the band he use to tell me to get out walking or if i ate somthing he would say do u really need that:cursing: this would make my blood boil as i know i shouldnt be eating it but i havnt told any of his family they would be horrified spending that kind of money when there are good cow or sheep to buy lol,well im originally a scouser from liverpool ive lived here for 7 years now and i will only take so much of them lol but i made it understood that if he didnt help i would do it myself ps i have a secret credit union account just incase:wub: i always have backup but i was going to go by myself july im scared of flying so i was going to get the over night boat then the train straight to brussels so mine looks good upto now so if he changes his mind i have backup waiting:thumbup:

Hi wannabe slinky..

Ohh you make me laugh a lot (again):) ..I know exactly what you were saying about hubby says to go out to walk(in irish weather that is more hard) and worse what happens in here is when he catch me looking for food he says i am not hungry, just make me so mad..lol

I wish my hubby dont have a tongue the same size of Brazil but he cant stop talk about me decision for everyone he meet, make me mad again.:mad:

So my history is quiet dramatic, like a mexican novel but i will find out a way to do it dont matter what the other people think, i am sick to be fat too and dont have energy for nothing start to hide in home because hate people see me in the size i am right now and i get more upset everytiime i go to my doctor(because my back problem) and he just says i need to loose weight. i tried a lot of diets and any of them work to me anymore so i get bored and give up.My doctor gave me a prescrition of Xenical last week for see if that help me lost some weight.but that just make me more poor.. :lol: do you know about that medicine? is take out 30% of the fat you eat and is disgusting when you go to bathroom.:smile2: and isnt really a good medicine for me because i am not a kind of person each a lot of fat..

I move to Ireland now about 3 years and i was 12 stones and now i am 16 stones so found 4 stones in the last 3 years and i am 5fts 9 .and i dont have kids yet and have a back problem who is killing me with lot of pain.So i need get that weight off me.

when you will make your surgery? in June right??

Take care!!!Juliana

Hi wannabe and July

My hubbys pretty good thankfully i normally get my own way lol, July stand up for what u believe is best for u if ur hubby cant or wont support u more fool him something so important to u should be encouraged, but if not be strong and go for it alone, book for the 20th with me hun i'll make sure ur ok, :smile2: although i dont have as much as some to loose i feel this is my only option now i ve tried everything else, and if my hubby hadn't supported me id have gone alone although tough its what i need to do, i told one person at work who decided to tell evryone else and all i ve had today from them is just diet u dont need the op how i ve kept my mouth shut i dont know, i wish i had nt told anyone now:mad2:.

so just do it girl u know how u feel and what u want if u dont do it now u'll regret it later and then feel resentment towards the people thta have discouraged u, and slinky what date have u booked for the op? i dont think theres anyone else going same date as me:sad: would have been nice to have someone there going through the same thing but never mind it will soon be done and over

Julie x

hi julie i didnt have too much success with the stopping smoking but have cut down well, i think my nerves are getting the better of me!!!!!! maybe it would help to write your list of what you are taking on this forum i am sure people will be happy to tell you if you have everything covered?my brain is constantly dead so i know where you are coming from:tt1:

geri

hi Geri

I know the feeling its hard but i have cut down a little lol, my nerves come and go but dont they say nurses make the worst patients, but then im excited as well so far i ve got my loose trousers dressings, painkillers, Vitamins, cup a Soups bovril etc, can anyone tell me if we need to take our jim jams or do we just stay in a gown lol any other advice about what to take greatly accepted i cant believe its so close now seem like forever away when i first joined this site lol

Julie x