Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

For everyone else, I met Garry today in Edinburgh for a quickie. Wo Ho slow down tiger!!!! It was only a quickie chat :thumbup: What a sound bloke he is. When I got there I forgot all the questions I had planned to ask him but he still filled me in ( behave !!:confused:) and gave me some much needed and fab tips for my trip next week. Thank you Garry for affording me some of your time and experience. It is very much appreciated. XXX

BTW Garry has the most striking, engulfing blue eyes that I have ever seen. They are beguiling!:tt1:

Edited by fatduck

For everyone else, I met Garry today in Edinburgh for a quickie. Wo Ho slow down tiger!!!! It was only a quickie chat :thumbup: What a sound bloke he is. When I got there I forgot all the questions I had planned to ask him but he still filled me in ( behave !!:confused:) and gave me some much needed and fab tips for my trip next week. Thank you Garry for affording me some of your time and experience. It is very much appreciated. XXX

BTW Garry has the most strikingly, engulfingly blue eyes that I have ever seen. They are beguiling!:tt1:

It was my pleasure, I am only pleased it added to the info on this great forum. Oh and thanks for the compliments, am blushing. Take care. Nite all. Gx

Hi

I am due to have my lapband fitted next week 3 July in Belgium and was wondering if anyone out there has been fitted recently or is going to be fitted in the next couple of weeks?

I am a bit nervous but thankfully have found this website which has eased my nerves slightly

Cheers

J xx:blink::confused::thumbup:

Good luck to all the pre-banders going out this week and next, can't wait to hear how it all went.

Laura sorry about your news, you must be so dissapointed, but as others have said, get hold of Frederik and get a provisional date. That will help give you the will power to stick to a fat free diet and get your BMI down. I know you can do it - just think of the benefits once you have it down! You are already sooo close, its worth trying. Don't be pushed down the by-pass route, it is such a huge operation compared to the gastric band. All the best...

Westie x

Ooooh Garry, don't blush, no need, you gorgeous, captivating specimen of MAN XXX

Hi gary it was gillian who had the restriction like you are experiencing x

Welcome jelly1 good news that you have found this forum.. you will find loads of great advice but fire away if you have any questions x

Sad news about michael jackson, what a great entertainer he was x

Hi gary it was gillian who had the restriction like you are experiencing x

Welcome jelly1 good news that you have found this forum.. you will find loads of great advice but fire away if you have any questions x

Sad news about michael jackson, what a great entertainer he was x

cheers wishfull, i am fine with it just going to persevere, its great managed a whole glass of milk this morning, roll on watching those scales move.

Gx

hi ladies i cant remember if it was wishfull or gillian that had reallt tight restriciton recently, can you let me know and pass a little advice

cheers

gx

hi garry..well, it looks like your there!..the gurgling tells me that.. you will find it a lot harder when you go back on solids also, so take it slowly. it worried me a bit when i first got the restriction,i thought it was too tight, you may find its tighter in the mornings too, and eases off at teatime. i am still on 2 milky farleys rusks for Breakfast, i just love em tho, so good excuse!. your weight loss should accelerate now, ive had my best losses since restriction. it does ease off over a week or so tho, and you can lose your restriction as your losing the weight too, as the visseral fat around your stomach disappears too as it is between your stomach and the band. bigsister is the same as you at mo, she has got 8ml in her band, she is 3 stone lighter than me anyway, so i suppose ill need tightening up bit by bit, as the 6ml i have didnt restrict her. let us know how you get on with solids! x

thanks so much shellyg for your advise. i have a problem though!! i have been trying to reach the company called european surgery to get me started, i spoke with a lady couple of days ago and she said she would pass my details to the surgeon and then get back to me the next day. i didnt hear from their office so i decided to give them a call again but to my surprise, no one is picking the phone. i think this is not right at all. do you by any chance know how i can get through to dr debruyne cos the office i am calling doesnt seem to have time for their customers. thanks.

Hi

I am due to have my lapband fitted next week 3 July in Belgium and was wondering if anyone out there has been fitted recently or is going to be fitted in the next couple of weeks?

I am a bit nervous but thankfully have found this website which has eased my nerves slightly

Cheers

J xx:blink::lol::thumbup:

welcome jelly1...love your user name!. i have thought of some great names since i registered as plain old boring 'gillian'!.but cant change it now!. this forum is brilliant, i feel sorry for those who are being banded who havent found it!..it def made my mind up to be banded, and with dr chris, so glad i did find it!..its invaluable for support and advice...youll be banded on 3rd next week (on my birthday!) and youll be giving your own advice out in another few weeks no doubt, its good its an ongoing thread cos the older bandsters from last year are drifting off now (except our flirty who has transformed her life in 9 months!watch out for her posts, shes done fab!) gillian x

Hi dasouza if you go back a couple of pages you will find the email address for frederik, dr chris's 2nd hand man, sorry i cant be any more help x

Hi rosetah i took toiletries and a hand towel into the hospital and my slippers, thats it. you wear your hospital gown for your stay there so no need to take them in with you x

hi all well Ive done my first week back at work and all went well i was a bit tired the first day but scince having the band done i feel great don't know if its all in my head but I'm much better with food I'm eating much smaller portions and I'm not picking which was one of my bad habits i am also an emotional eater and i have had problems with one of my sons but i have not rushed to food this so maybe things are going my way for once i have lost 1st 6lbs so far and i was banded on the 3 June so its just over 3 weeks and wls are doing my fills in Birmingham and i have the first one on the 13 July so im looking forward to meeting the famous Wendy xxsuefeexx

Well done suefee you are doing really well, keep it up. it is surprising how the band changes the way you think about food x