Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Everyone,

Frederick just wrote back to me and told me I was not suitable for the gastric band. They said I was too high risk as I was over the 50 BMI.

My head is all over the place now.. I had really set myself up for getting the band and finally starting to loose weight and enjoy life and now I am even too fat to get the band!!

I am so upset and angry with myself for letting it get this bad. He said If I wanted more info on the bypass I could but that isnt what i wanted, Number one I cannot afford the bypass they are supposed to be at least twice the price and also it is so invasive changin your anatomy forever and much more risky operation.

I am just sitting now thinking what can I do now....

Laura xx

Laurax do not fret its not all over, I first thought about banding in nov last year and my bmi was 57, I was told the same but I knew I could loose enough to get below 50 that was 4 4tone I would have to loose so I seen fred in dec and was on the way he could see I was very positive and committed to loose the weight so we agreed on a future date 13 feb to which I had to taget to loose it, believe me it was a great motivation, I done it and got banded. Dr c has these guidlines for safety and health reasons and to keep his excellent record complete. Don't loose hope get the bit between your teeth find out what u need to loose and mail him back and say right I will get to bmi 50 and set a provisional date in an achievable but hard timescale. You will do it, I did. Go on, feel free to message me for any more info. Gx,

Good luck to all the pre-banders going out this week and next, can't wait to hear how it all went.

Laura sorry about your news, you must be so dissapointed, but as others have said, get hold of Frederik and get a provisional date. That will help give you the will power to stick to a fat free diet and get your BMI down. I know you can do it - just think of the benefits once you have it down! You are already sooo close, its worth trying. Don't be pushed down the by-pass route, it is such a huge operation compared to the gastric band. All the best...

Westie x

thanks Guys for all your good wishes. Im really terrified if truth be known but this is what I want so Im going for it. Just one question does the campywhatever hotel have hairdryers or do you have to take your own. Really need a quick answer as packing as I speak. Thanks all J x

Good luck I will ask dr c to look after you tomorrowm

Gx

Good luck I will ask dr c to look after you tomorrowm

Gx

Ah thanks Gary can you also tell him Im really nervous and put me to the front of the queue lol. Maybe he will give you a discount off your fill for recommending me. Jx

:thumbup:hey homecare..its come round to your turn now .good luck! youll be fine cant wait to hear how you get on..try and give us a post on sunday or monday!

x

Thanks for good wishes Gillian. I will try to post asap but not due home until around 7pm on Sunday. J x

Hi ShellyG, thanks & hello to you all :(

Yeah Bridget works for Europesurgery.co.uk who are agents for Dr Chris, I approached them about being banded as I didnt know at the time you could go direct to Dr Chris. So does this mean that I don't have to go to Julie Tosh for my fills and can use WLS instead?

Also do WLS have any clinics in or near Manchester? x

Hi to all bandsters and pre bandster hope all doing well:smile:

well the time..is..now as i fly out to Belgium

tomorrow morning for surgery on Friday, little bit nervous but really looking forward to getting it done!

I think i have covered all the bases and have all the medication just incase i need them..windeeze,nurofen melts,calpol,remegel you name it i have it:biggrin:

all going well should get into vilvoorde approx 1000am and according to Frederik will have no problem checkin in at that time.So we might have a journey into Brussels anyone got any advise re getting there, places to avoid and def a good reasonably priced place to eat??

just like to say a big thank you to everyone on this site for all the help, the questions answered and all the good advice you have given me..... it really helped me make my decision to actually go ahead and have the surgery!:(

Homecare look forward to meeting you in Vilvoorde have a safe journey and remember to try and keep thinking positive!:)

well here goes nothing.................................................

to be continued!!

Time is now Ive probably missed you but will meet you at hotel. Fingers crossed everyone and a big thankyou to each and everyone of you for the great advice. Post when I get back Jxxxxx

hi guys well im still really sore but can move arround now and drop kids 2 school etc so im on the mend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lost over 10 pounds in undera week so thats great !!! what did u guys go on 2 after the liquid stage ???? has anyone stayed on liquuids only 2 try and loose extra pounds ?/?/ im getting filled on 23rd july in london with fred but see u guys chatting bout wls ???? ill give them a ring and see where there based has anyone been 2 them ???? just feel that fred did the op and that he knows all bout the type of band i have etc and would it be better just 2 go with him ????hope your all well love alex xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:redface::bored::scared2::thumbup:

Hi alex well done on your weight loss you are doing really well, and your on the way to full recovery,happy day's. After the liquid stage i went on mashed up veg with gravy, what ever you have take your time with it as it is a horrible feeling when you eat to quick and your food gets stuck x

Hi laura what devastating news you have had, but please dont give up on having a band, im sure if you put your mind to it and with the support of us all on here you will be able to get your bmi down to under 50. Good luck to you.. im sure you will be telling us soon your getting ready to fly out for your band xx

Good luck timeisnow i look forward to reading your posts when you get back x

Edited by wishfull

:thumbup::tongue::bored:

Hi alex well done on your weight loss you are doing really well, and your on the way to full recovery,happy day's. After the liquid stage i went on mashed up veg with gravy, what ever you have take your time with it as it is a horrible feeling when you eat to quick and your food gets stuck x

can u give me a typical day what u would eat ??? its my birthday on the 9th of july so thats 2 weeks today !!!what do u think ill be able 2 eat by then ????? how much weight have u lost now since u have been banded . how are u gettibg on ???xxx:smile:

alex and sammylh..WLS is an aftercare provider for people who have been banded (they also do the surgery). you can go to be filled and have aftercare from anyone you want when you have been operated on. we chose WLS cos it has a clinic only 10 mins drive from us in a private hospital. they travel around to different venues, and its worth going with them if you have a venue near you as it works out much cheaper..at the moment they are apparantly offering a 6 months aftercare package including unlimited fills and unfills for just £270 ive heard.. which is worth it in the first 6 months when you need most of your fills..you can have them done every 2 weeks if you want and can get to a clinic venue. we go to sheffield and sometimes the leeds clinic also. after you can go on a 'pay-as-you-go' fills and aftercare at £85 a fill, which is prob what ill be doing as i have my restriction good now. if you google or search 'WLS' it should come up. gillianx

:bored: sorry i prob missed you now, but good luck timeisnow!!. let us know how you get on! gillian x