Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi alex and welcome back, where is your pain? i didnt really have any pain just discomfort in the port area BUT wind pain in my shoulder like you wouldnt believe. Try to stay on liquids for your 10 days if possible.. i used to have actimel for Breakfast, slimfast for luch and cup a Soup for my tea, it is worth it when you see your weight moving. Good luck x

pain is my wounds i think i feel like i have been run over !!! i cant walk properly and stand up straight . i cant beleieve u had no pain !!! lucky u !!!!!! can i have squash ???? what Soups can i have ?????? im taking those horrible pain killers the doc gave me but they do help xxxx:confused::):)

pain is my wounds i think i feel like i have been run over !!! i cant walk properly and stand up straight . i cant beleieve u had no pain !!! lucky u !!!!!! can i have squash ???? what Soups can i have ?????? im taking those horrible pain killers the doc gave me but they do help xxxx:confused::):)

Yes you can have squash and with the soups just have any as long as it hasnt any big bits in it.. im sure you will be out of pain soon and it will all be worth it x

Hi homecare i didnt tell anyone about my band as i dint want any negative remarks, like i was cheating or taking the easy way out, now i tell anyone.. im so proud of my band i dont care who nows x

Well lads and ladies,

I'm flying out of Dublin tomorrow morning to have my op on Tues and I am shitting it big style!!! I think that I have been in denial about the whole thing up to now and it has hit me like a brick wall.

I am absolutely terrified, thanks be to god I've never been admitted to hospital before for anything and rarely go to the doctors so my mind is racing as to what will happen and no matter how many pages I read on this forum I'm struggling to calm myself down.

I know that Pixie will be there the same day as me...so please say a little prayer for us both that we both get on well.

I'll report on my return which will prob be in a week as I'm staying with the parents for a few days post op to be minded.

Talk Soon!!

Sara xxx.

Good luck Sara we will be like ships in the night you going home and me just arriving.

Wishful I just dont think its anyones business but mine and its not everyday you hear of someone having the band so i dont want to be the source of peoples conversation (Gossip) if you get my drift, so Ive decided the less people know the less chance of people letting it slip. J x

Hi Homecare et al - I just want to make it clear that my liver disease is not from alcohol, or Dr Chris would not have operated at all (he did ask me this while I was about to go under). So please don't worry about that. I have cirrhosis and underwent surgery in 2002, so it is very doubtful that any of you would have such a chronic illness without knowing about it - blood tests routinely test liver function and a problem would show up. In my case, the original diagnosis was seven years ago and my liver blood work has been improving ever since - the point where it was well within the normal range when the lap band surgery was attempted. Dr Chris stopped for fear of internal bleeding that he may not be able to stop and would land me in intensive care in a foreign hospital - costing me thousands a day. I'm still very disappointed in the outcome, but there's little that I could have done. As I said before, there appears to have been a huge miscommuniciation between Dr Chris, myself and Fredrik - but the outcome remains the same. The bottom-line, Homecare and any others, unless you have had serious liver problems in the past (likely resulting in surgery) it is doubtful you have anything to worry about. Good luck to you all!

Me again - forgot to say, I am the "Kathy" the forum was discussing re: liver. I do have a question though, I'm nine days post-op, without the band, but finding I am often short of breath, and sometimes breathless. Also, I find I am nauseous often at night when I lie down - anyone else with this problem? Shelly? Alan? I think I will see my GP tomorrow because I am finding the breathing getting worse rather than better...

Hi all, I'm flying out tomorrow morning so packing my bag and pretty nervous now!

Hope it all goes well, I'm looking forward to seeing those who'll be out at the same time as me : )

I'll be back on here later in the week a banded woman!!

Hi Homecare,

Thanks I would imagine mine would do the same, Its just the fact i might be going abroad work might get the wrong impression and think I'm off on a holiday :(

Laura xx

Hi Laura,

Just don't tell work that you are going abroad. It's nothing to do with anyone else. I had my op on a Tuesday and I was back to work the following Monday. Mine was timed that it was the week after my holiday - so work thought I was still on holiday. I think the message is that you don't have to tell or explain to anyone about it. It's private. It's hard enough without anyone else judging you.

Hope this helps?

Westie x

Hi flirty hope your consultation goes well and you hear what you want to hear, fingers crossed they wont make you wait to long for surgery, goodluck x

:( to those going out today...good luck!..hear from you in a few days. homecare good luck on friday too, you will be fine, we all are back on here telling our tale a few days later! ( it was our first anniversary, been together 16 years though!) is it you too friday, timeisnow? i know someone else is going, but i have skimmed thro posts from this weekend there were so many!. Alex, sorry you have pain, everyone is different, i seemed to suffer a bit more than others in the first week after op, and wondered what and why i had done it!.but i can assure you, it will get better every single day, and it WILL be worth it. just take it easy and watch daytime tv with your feet up for a few days..and yes try this...lemsip flu strength and ibuprofen tablets together...its a good formula that works! hope your feeling better soon.

Kathy..the breathlessness and feeling nauseous, esp when lying down at night..i used to get that..i thought it was the band, but maybe it was just the op? hope your feeling better soon too. i read an article about a woman who had lost a lot of weight through hypnosis, she had a 'virtual band' fitted under hypnosis, and is convinced she went into hospital for op, and can feel her band tightening when she eats!...interesting!, could save some money if it works?! x

:( oh yes flirty!!..hope your consultation goes well!..let us know how you went on, you will have changed beyond recognition and all within a year! you have done so well! x

:( to those going out today...good luck!..hear from you in a few days. homecare good luck on friday too, you will be fine, we all are back on here telling our tale a few days later! ( it was our first anniversary, been together 16 years though!) is it you too friday, timeisnow? i know someone else is going, but i have skimmed thro posts from this weekend there were so many!. Alex, sorry you have pain, everyone is different, i seemed to suffer a bit more than others in the first week after op, and wondered what and why i had done it!.but i can assure you, it will get better every single day, and it WILL be worth it. just take it easy and watch daytime tv with your feet up for a few days..and yes try this...lemsip flu strength and ibuprofen tablets together...its a good formula that works! hope your feeling better soon.

Kathy..the breathlessness and feeling nauseous, esp when lying down at night..i used to get that..i thought it was the band, but maybe it was just the op? hope your feeling better soon too. i read an article about a woman who had lost a lot of weight through hypnosis, she had a 'virtual band' fitted under hypnosis, and is convinced she went into hospital for op, and can feel her band tightening when she eats!...interesting!, could save some money if it works?! x

thanks ii hope your right i am feeling a little better just need to get through the pain and ill be fine . im gonna have a cup of Soup 2 night looking forward 2 that . since the op all i have had is 2 and a half slimfast shakes and some Water in nearly 4 days .is that right ?????? im hoping to have lost a good stone in the first 2 weeks /??/?xxx:rolleyes:

That is about right alex, i could only manage about 1/4 cup a Soup and slim fast when i 1st got banded.. i think this is why we all lose a lot of weight in the 1st weeks before it slows down a bit, glad your feeling better x