Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Freckles, great to see your over op you look great, hope i look as well as you, i am having surgery next Friday starting to get really nervous, but looking at you freckles i have calm down a bit :wink: thanks for sharing your experience with us its a great help especially when you look so good, hope you're mams feeling a lot better lol x:smile:

Hi Sammy, how are you getting on with pre op diet,im doing ok just cant stop thinking about it now, the time is flying by cant believe it has come round so quick when are you traveling to Belgium lol x:smile:

hi to all you experienced banbsters,does Frederick tell you when he comes to hotel the night before what time you will have surgery at,what time do you have to be at the hosp:confused:

Unfortunately he does not tell you in the evening, i think initially it goes by the order you arrive at the hospital as i was 5/6 to register and when i went to the ward i was told i was down for 15.00 now with it being only 8am i thought , Great!!!!! however they came and got me at 11 and i was done and out of ICU (2 hours standard in there) and back in ward for 3. In the eveining he told me that there was some people with the ecfs package some were from another agency and some were direct with the Dr, he led me too beleive that they try and get the ecfs client to be done first. Give him his due i was moved up the timescale from the initial time however i have no idea if that had anything to do with it, i was just happy.

Gx

Unfortunately he does not tell you in the evening, i think initially it goes by the order you arrive at the hospital as i was 5/6 to register and when i went to the ward i was told i was down for 15.00 now with it being only 8am i thought , Great!!!!! however they came and got me at 11 and i was done and out of ICU (2 hours standard in there) and back in ward for 3. In the eveining he told me that there was some people with the ecfs package some were from another agency and some were direct with the Dr, he led me too beleive that they try and get the ecfs client to be done first. Give him his due i was moved up the timescale from the initial time however i have no idea if that had anything to do with it, i was just happy.

Gx

Hi Shoes. None of what Garry has mentioned about how the order is worked out seemed to be the case for us a few weeks ago! I was the 2nd to check in at hospital and I was about 5th out of 7 to go down that day. My sister (gillian) went down first and we didn't book directly with ecfs, we went via an agency. When we asked the agency about the order patients go to theatre, we were told it went on medical criteria i.e any with 'conditions' such as diabetes etc go first and then I think on weight and not sure if age has some bearing on it. This basis seems sensible as I we were told they need to operate on individuals first who may possibly present any problems and it does seem to have been the order in which we went down to theatre. I remember on previous posts that people have been told if they book directly it affects how far up the list they are but the medical concerns dictating the order would definitely be more sensible and professional?

I think they tell you to be at the hospital check in for 7am and we were there for around 6.45ish and there were a number of people there already. Also, my sister was put in a ward in a completely different area of the hospital at first and I didn't see her until shortly before we went home. I had just expected we would be in a room together and so if anyone is being banded together with a friend/relative, I would suggest contacting Dr Chris/Frederick in advance to see if you can be in a room together if this is what you want.

Bigsister x

Hi shoes, my experience is the same as Garys, I was last to book in on the day ,and the ward staff told me I would be done at 3.30, however when Fredrick came onto the ward to see me he asked me what time I was due to be banded I told him, and he said he would try and get me moved up the list. At 12.00 mid day I went down for surgery 3.5 hours early. Some patients who were due to go down around mid day were delayed until early evening, so if you've booked with Fredrick its worth asking for an earlier slot. It worked for me, and Gary. Hope this helps. Frederick will make contact with you at your hotel and give you full details of where and when to be at your destinations with everything prebooked so no worries when the taxi driver comes for you in the morning he will ask you for your room number to ensure he has the right patient.

Hi Shoes. None of what Garry has mentioned about how the order is worked out seemed to be the case for us a few weeks ago! I was the 2nd to check in at hospital and I was about 5th out of 7 to go down that day. My sister (gillian) went down first and we didn't book directly with ecfs, we went via an agency. When we asked the agency about the order patients go to theatre, we were told it went on medical criteria i.e any with 'conditions' such as diabetes etc go first and then I think on weight and not sure if age has some bearing on it. This basis seems sensible as I we were told they need to operate on individuals first who may possibly present any problems and it does seem to have been the order in which we went down to theatre. I remember on previous posts that people have been told if they book directly it affects how far up the list they are but the medical concerns dictating the order would definitely be more sensible and professional?

I think they tell you to be at the hospital check in for 7am and we were there for around 6.45ish and there were a number of people there already. Also, my sister was put in a ward in a completely different area of the hospital at first and I didn't see her until shortly before we went home. I had just expected we would be in a room together and so if anyone is being banded together with a friend/relative, I would suggest contacting Dr Chris/Frederick in advance to see if you can be in a room together if this is what you want.

Bigsister x

bigsister...what you dont know is that i asked to be put in different building to you even....i didnt want you dipping into my wispa stash!!.ha!.. but yes it is true,i was sent off to another building through a sort of bridge corridor..i was miles away..i went down at 8am..i was led to believe the same that the patients who had problems or were heavier may be the ones needing extra care, so they were the first ones, and as i did have problems, and i was probably the heaviest...maybe thats why..i was in the post op special care for hours, and sent to 2 different rooms after that. i didnt see bigsister till we were about to go home. it seemed my recovery was the last in the room too, and i had oxygen for the longest..so maybe chris knew this would happen and put me first of the day?

Gx

I was the only person (of the 7 who were done on my surgery day) who had booked through ecfs and I was the LAST op done. I was told that it went by weight (something about adjusting the surgery table) and since I weighed less than the others, it makes sense. They line you up just inside the surgical theatre like an assembly line. When the person to the right of you goes in to their op room the nurse slides you on over to the right. The people surrounding you in line can be awaiting different procedures, not just lapbands.

For me it really didn't matter what time I had my op, I just take a good book to read while I was waiting in my room, then if you are nervous it is something to help take your mind off it and helps the time go by.

Try not to worry about the op, he's done over 4000 procedures. Very experienced.

Just relax and enjoy your low-fat diet and before you know it, you'll be one of us!! -T

Edited by tamisu

Hi angie..not seen you on here for ages..how are you doing?..hows your weight loss going?(does your little ticker suitcase mean 5 stone?!)..and did you lose it gradually or more at first or more later after fills..I have slowed down going for first fill this tuesday,and the second one 2 weeks later. hope it will make some difference! gillian x

hi gillian, sorry it's taken me so long to reply but my internet keeps playing up! get it one day then nothing for 2 days! No i haven't lost 5 stone!! SORRY!! wish i had lol!:thumbup: I really must get rid of these tickers!! never seem to get round to it though or figure out how to!! I have lost 2 and a half stone. it has come off really slowly and i have had tobe patient! my weightloss came to a standstill but I Have recently started swimming regularly and the weight is starting to finally shift again.:wink: i have had 5 fills! I may have to get another one next month depending on my weightloss.

i am sure your fill will make a difference. It seems to take totally different amounts for everyone!

anyway good luck!! And hang in there! If there is one thing this band teaches us, its to be patient!!

ANGIE XX:smile:

2e22f7a.jpg

to KaKa

and

Cant Weight.:eek::thumbup:

Thanks for the welcome sorry for the late reply just seen this.......

hey guys me is back, a little delicate but great really.

When I woke up I had an awful stinging sensation in my tummy, but it soon went after the morphine.

This is a pic taken of me 2 hours after surgery, and I think I look really well even though a bit bloated.

2086tmp.jpg

Hope it doesnt put you off your brekkys.:thumbup:

I was starving last night, and today I cant eat either, except fat free yogurt and veg juice...blinkin exciting stuff eh.

Anyway Michael Van den Bossche is a fabulous surgeon, he must be so gentle considering I havent had much pain.

I have been having Calpol, since the morphine and an anti-inflammatory each morning, that dissolves on the tongue.

They gave me one injection in the stomach yesterday before I left the hospital and took off my plasters.

I didnt have a drain, I didnt have one last time either.

The nurse sprayed each wound with an antiseptic plastic covering! Never heard of that.

She gave me plasters but said I didnt have to wear them if I didnt want to.

I have another 5 scars now as MVDB wanted fresh openings.

He took out the faulty band and told me that the actual hole is in the tubing???????

Not in the band as the contrast study showed....seems strange.

Anyway he said it is already on its way to the USA for examination.

I now have an all singing-all dancing new small band:lol:

I have to get well soon for my Mum, as she's not too well bless her.

I'm sure all your good wishes and kind thoughts have helped me so much, and so glad you are all such big losers :smash::frown:

Wow you look amazing so soon after surgery Its encouraging too see for a soon to be bandster.....

I noted you mentioned Dr Michael Van den Bossche I thought it was Dr De Bruyne Chris that did the surgery sorry im a little confused or did you request this other doctor???

Im worrying if it will be Dr Cdb now lol

Sorry for my confusion!!!

:wink:

Edited by Can't-Weight

Welcome back freckles, you do look really well.. it wont be long and you and your mum will be up and about again xx

What a lovely weekend.. i took my partner too bodidris hall for our 5 course meal(I managed to have a taste of everything) and then we stayed over, a little birthday treat for him. then yesterday we went walking around the coast of anglesey. Today iv weighed myself and iv lost another 1lb.. just 1lb to go till i reach the 2 stone mark,yippee. xx

Iv just had an email and invite too a school reunion on the 26th june.. i havnt seen most since leaving school in '83', what an incentive to lose more weight x

hi gillian, sorry it's taken me so long to reply but my internet keeps playing up! get it one day then nothing for 2 days! No i haven't lost 5 stone!! SORRY!! wish i had lol!:hurray: I really must get rid of these tickers!! never seem to get round to it though or figure out how to!! I have lost 2 and a half stone. it has come off really slowly and i have had tobe patient! my weightloss came to a standstill but I Have recently started swimming regularly and the weight is starting to finally shift again.:party: i have had 5 fills! I may have to get another one next month depending on my weightloss.

i am sure your fill will make a difference. It seems to take totally different amounts for everyone!

anyway good luck!! And hang in there! If there is one thing this band teaches us, its to be patient!!

ANGIE XX:smile:

ah thanks Angie!.. i thought that 5 stone was some going!!..2.5 stone is more like it!!..its coming off gradually, and thats good, ill be so pleased when i have lost 2.5 stone!..ill have to take up swimming..going for first fill tomorrow, and second one in 2 weeks, then every month after..hope it wont take more than 6 cos my six months unlimited fill package ends in 6 months!..i hopefully will start moving again next week...yes, i have to be patient!..it could take 2 years to lose it, and as long as i do, ill try not to fret..as long as i dont put any on, and hopefully take few pounds a month off!..its all going in the right direction albeit slowly! x

Iv just had an email and invite too a school reunion on the 26th june.. i havnt seen most since leaving school in '83', what an incentive to lose more weight x

OMG!..yes i would live on dust til june if i had got a school reunion!..thats an incentive if ever!.. have you done anything about your jury service?. x

OMG!..yes i would live on dust til june if i had got a school reunion!..thats an incentive if ever!.. have you done anything about your jury service?. x

yeh i will defiantly be putting more effort into it now, i start my swimming this week so i hope that will help. I havnt filled the forms in yet for the jury service, i hope if i send mine a bit later than everyone else they might not want me lol, either that or that they will arrest me x :party:

Unfortunately he does not tell you in the evening, i think initially it goes by the order you arrive at the hospital as i was 5/6 to register and when i went to the ward i was told i was down for 15.00 now with it being only 8am i thought , Great!!!!! however they came and got me at 11 and i was done and out of ICU (2 hours standard in there) and back in ward for 3. In the evening he told me that there was some people with the ecfs package some were from another agency and some were direct with the Dr, he led me too beleive that they try and get the ecfs client to be done first. Give him his due i was moved up the timescale from the initial time however i have no idea if that had anything to do with it, i was just happy.

Gx

Hi Guy's & Doll's, thanks for that just not sure what to expect,it's grand you all seem to have gone done early except MMM that will properly be me waiting all day ,that's terrible Bigsister & Gillian you didn't get to stay with one other i Know you love each other really:wink: Congrats Wishfull nearly 2 stone that's great you look fab for reunion,

Freckles, hope your feeling better today &your mum, hows everyone else doing today keep us posted lol x :party:

Edited by shoes
left out a word